Province of Nova Scotia

Province of Nova Scotia Pay & benefits reviews

Canada22 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Productive fun place to work.

A good place to work and be happy most of the time , great coworkers, equipment is good, benefits are ample but not great, pay is on the average side but just enough, holiday time and Monday to Friday day shift, occasional call outs after hours and on weekends but not forced, 3 weeks holidays once you become a full timer, overall a place to go to work and don’t work stupid hard but get the job done, you can learn new skills and get paid learning, union shop but not over the top union environment, you won’t get rich but money isn’t everything.

Pros

Monday to Friday, average benefits, pay and don’t kill yourself work load, great coworkers and management team, safety first cultural with lots of new skills training, bbq time in summertime on occasion 🦫 boot allowance and coveralls

Cons

Ticks and other bugs that attack you, roadkill picking for disposing at dump site.

Love working here. Great work life balance.

Great benefits, pension plan if you are permanent. Awesome work life balance and great coworkers. Highly recommend getting your foot in the door if possible.

good job!

I like my job here, I work with great people.The pay is good and weekends are great to have off. Paid Vacation and 11 Statutory holidays is also great!

Engaging and growing market

The relationship with colleagues was great, the workplace culture was amazing, I can find myself easily comfortable here, however, the salary could be higher to live better in the province.

Good work-life balance

The government is a great place to work for stability and benefits. Salaries are lower compared to the private sector for jobs that require advanced skills but most people you'll work with are honest and hard working. Due to bureaucracy, it often takes a long time to get things approved.

Productive and fun

Productive Punctuality PMP skills stretching the timings and working hard to reach goals enjoying my work daily challenges new tools

Pros

multi cultural

Excellent Company

-Great company to work for, benefits and salary were great.

methodical work place with professional people

* A typical day of work consists of bug fix and roll out changes to QA environment. * I learned how to handle multiple task and prioritize them. I also learned how to handle user expectation. * co-workers were professional. * manage both user and team lead's expectation. * Learn about new tools and more in depth knowledge about Java.

Pros

jobs security

Cons

salary

Hard to get a term/permanent

I have been casual for over a year. All assignments have been good. Diversity is not just a catch phrase and diversity makes it a very respectable workplace.There is a lot of work to do and sometimes it cannot be completed in the time alloted.

Pros

diversity, respectable workplace

Cons

no benefits if casual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Province of Nova Scotia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement