Providence HealthCare

Providence HealthCare Management reviews

Canada16 reviews
Staff morale with a little low. They saw management being against them. Team effort was lacking among staff. So the patients you were assigned to where your patients and not ours.

The hardest part of the job was lifting patients and not finding help in doing so

Nurses would sometimes have to go to the Pharmacy dept to get drugs and that took up a lot of time

Afternoon shifts were much more relaxed without therapist etc.
You have to be very tough to work at this place, like many jobs it always starts good until you work with a few people that want to agitate and cause trouble and there’s more than a few at this place, especially on A3 You will do well if your a good butt kisser lol, but I could never do that ! There was a lot of homophobia and racial biases at this place, but there was still a few very good honest people there but more in the minority unfortunately. If you are very obedient to management and never fight them on anything you’ll be okay. If you think you can speak your mind, forget it ! The management is very weird, if there are serious ssues the Chief of staff will give the problem to someone Under him like a senior Nurse that has no experience dealing with these issues. I’ve seen and heard of abuse of patients that has occurred but if that nurse is popular with management, the allegations are ignored and then eventually something bad happens way down the road and the person just disappears ??
There are a lot of big egos at this place with younger staff that never get put in their place and that is an ongoing issue at Providence. There were a couple of Allied staff that actually walked around like they were in charge causing a lot of trouble for the front line staff that really had a heavy work load, they were very ignorant people to work around but they were always sweet and flirty when the MD came on the floor. The front line workers were always treated very badly. Anyways, just be aware the dynamics are very complicated at this place. You may have the best intentions and
 - more...
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Lots of inter-professional back stabbing, pettiness
No room for growth. Management dictates very strict. A lot of office politics. Too much gossiping for an organization. Job security is definitely not there.
Pros
Lots of holidays
Cons
people are very friendly and productive, however some management could serve to be a bit more polite. A typical day is 8hrs long but passes very quickly with good company.
Pros
coworkers and events
Cons
poor management
I signed up for summer volunteer program at the gift shop and I had a wonderful time working there. I got to meet so many other volunteers in the healthcare and had an amazing management team. Now, my sister is volunteering there currently and she enjoys it just as much. Overall, it was a fun experience and I am glad I was given the opportunity to explore it.
Pros
free coffee