Providence HealthCare

Providence HealthCare Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Stressful from management. Work load involved heavy lifting
Staff morale with a little low. They saw management being against them. Team effort was lacking among staff. So the patients you were assigned to where your patients and not ours.

The hardest part of the job was lifting patients and not finding help in doing so

Nurses would sometimes have to go to the Pharmacy dept to get drugs and that took up a lot of time

Afternoon shifts were much more relaxed without therapist etc.
Love the culture
Look forward to work now. I have worked at many health authorities and have found one that I feel like what they "practice what they preach".".Great work culture
Pros
Great culture. Central location close to transit options
Cons
Parking expensive.
Professional and Caring Place
I enjoy working at Providence. I am a contractor. The staff all are kind are caring people, so it is more than a job. It helps make it more fulfilling. It is more of a family environment than a workplace.
A Great Place for High School Students to Get Some Community Hours
You get the chance to bond with the patients, familiarize yourself with a hospital environment, and get to see first hand what a health professional does on a daily basis. You are also taught the values of commitment and initiative when you work here. All while getting the community hours you need to graduate.
Relaxing, though fast-paced environment
Providence Healthcare is a fantastic healthcare facility. The staff are really friendly and guides you if you're having difficulty with any of the patients or any activities.
Fun
A very hard working individual, who enjoys being challenge, and learn new task. With exception communication skill both in writing and verbally. Excel at building trusting relationship with co-working.
Beware!!!
No room for growth. Management dictates very strict. A lot of office politics. Too much gossiping for an organization. Job security is definitely not there.
Pros
Lots of holidays
fun workplace
people are very friendly and productive, however some management could serve to be a bit more polite. A typical day is 8hrs long but passes very quickly with good company.
Pros
coworkers and events
Cons
poor management
Very pleasent experince
Serving the Elderly
Ordering supplies for sale

Everyone is very pleasant and helpful serving them it was interesting at times.
Great organization and family oriented environment
Providence Healthcare was a great place to work. The joy of having worked with great people and in a family oriented environment goes without saying this is a great organization to work at.
Great over all work atmosphere and amazing client based care.
Providence Healthcare was an amazing clinical setting to be placed in as a first year nursing student. It was great collaborating with healthcare aids, doctors and physicians. Furthermore, Providence educated me about skills that one cannot learn in a book such as the impact of a nurse's care on a client or communicating with one who has cognitive impairment. My overall experience at Providence Healthcare was an enjoyable and educational one.
Fun, amazing volunteer work
I signed up for summer volunteer program at the gift shop and I had a wonderful time working there. I got to meet so many other volunteers in the healthcare and had an amazing management team. Now, my sister is volunteering there currently and she enjoys it just as much. Overall, it was a fun experience and I am glad I was given the opportunity to explore it.
Pros
free coffee
Great working with seniors
- loved the elderly people
- kind place to work

- very nice setting and environment

- pleased to enjoy time spent with elderly

- pleased to see elderly enjoy time spent with me

- stories elderly told abot grandchildren/children..etc were life changing
Pros
great people, good environment
Cons
n./a
nice ambience ,staff are friendly
with different case in the different floors and a good place to learn. learned to be flexible, able to manage my time properly with dealing with different residents and staff, happy with the staff cause they have different kind of atmosphere.
Good experience
I was a part time volunteer. i love senior citizens.
daily rituals with them having them accompanied and help the nurses take care of them.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
nothing