Providence Health Care

Providence Health Care Pay & benefits reviews

I love working in Providence as RCA. I would like to be part on their health care team as LPN. The company will support your needs and will train you really well. they will have trainings before they deploy you on the site. you will have a lot of job opportunity. and
Pros
good benefits and salary
PHC is a large organization so I'm sure experiences among staff differ greatly. In general, I found PHC to have many unqualified, unskilled people in significant administrative roles. I liked my work and my colleagues but could not afford to stay for long due to low pay. I stayed another year after the exec director pleaded with me, then when a director role opened up that I was perfectly qualified for, she would not even consider me. Instead she hired a friend of a friend who had little relevant experience. Also, the exec director addressed me as "Hey You". When I gently asked her to call me by my name, she went ballistic.
Pros
benefits; working downtown
Cons
disrespect; low pay; old and unhealthy buildings
The salary is super low because of the grade scale they use You’re never appreciated for how hard you work Your coworkers will throw you under the bus for their mistakes and if they’re the favourites / you’ll lose The culture is fake Management is useless If you have nowhere else to work - then go for it
I love working in providence healthcare management are excellent I love working environment. I would like providence healthcare could teach nurses and care Aids to work as a team I don’t see that among employees Sometimes is very hard for me to work or continue to work I also see they don’t treat part timers and casual worker equally I wish we all can work together
Pros
Fantastic supportive mangers and team leader
Cons
Safe and healthy environment full benefits and rates are good
This is not a facility where I would want to work nor refer a registered nurse to work. The hours are grueling, the shift rotations are unacceptable and the work environment at the time I was employed was toxic. Management was not supportive by any means and the staff were much like management. That is not without say I worked with some excellent RNs but most of the nurses should not be in nursing. Benefits of employment do not outweigh the hospital culture. Turnover seems to be high and retention low.
Pros
Some hospital benefits
Cons
shift rotations, lack of management support, poor communicaton between staff and management.
great place to work with great colleagues and opportunity for growth. excellent benefits and good experience, Would highly recombined for anyone. great!
I worked in a very fast and demanding job. I want to work for fun now. I an not seeking for a big salary I am well organized and a fast learner. I have a pretty good idea of the teas in your company
Pros
It was a secure job
Cons
People didn't get along well. I had good relations with everybody
I really enjoy my current job in Health Records. Management is very helpful and very easy going. For the work we do I think that we should be paid a little more but other then that the benefits and pension are really good. There could be more vacation days. Also the AWP program needs to be looked into it is very intrusive and wants to know information that sometimes people just don't want to discuss.
-Great people and work environment -Easy access by transit -Great benefits -patient and employer focused -are true to the message: How you want to be treated
Pros
Great employer
Cons
No real cons - great place to work
Pay is not a living wage for clerical jobs. Many departments full of women are catty, and it can be difficult waiting for seniority to build. Job security is high due to union. Very little chance of advancement.
Pros
Predictable Schedule, can transfer locations
Cons
Little advancement
Vision-Mission statement is really implemented and followed. Patient-centered and looks after the well-being of its employees. Nurturing environment. Typical day at work starts with checking emails, organize meetings and provide admin support to the executive. Managers and supervisors are given extra courses on time management, conflict resolution, and everyone has a chance for career advancement. Workplace culture is very humane and people centered.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
nothing I can think of
Being employed by Providence Health Care has been a life changing experience for me. I have enjoyed coming to work every day for the past 6+ years. Everyday I am learning on the job. I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given by Providence Health Care. The hardest part about my job would be seeing some traumatic things on a daily basis. But with Providence Health care they provide excellent counselling service to make sure workers are physically fit and mentally fit. The most enjoyable part about my job is knowing I have an employer who has my back and wants to see every employee succeed in the line of work they do. I enjoy seeing the smile on patients faces and people who thank me or tell me I am doing a great job. People aren't necessarily wanting to come to the hospital, so making their stay at the hospital as comforting as possible is my mission as an employee.
Pros
the benefits, job protection, salary
Cons
Negative attitudes of co-workers when it is busy
flexible hours, good vacation, fair pay. Good culture, nice people who really care. Not a lot of room for career growth.
Phenomenal work environment for a student. As a casual employee you aren't entitled to benefits or stat holidays off, you are however paid 11.8% in the lieu of these, which is a great jump in hourly wage, hours are plentiful and flexible for people in school and everybody is very helpful to new hires.
Providence Health Care is wonderful place to work - everybody is extremely friendly and humble . My manager is always helpful and understanding - The benefits such as extended health care and pension plan are impressive. Everyone is treated the same here and we always have fun inside and outside our job.
Pros
Great work enviroment
I started working at St. Paul's hospital last November 2011. With all the pharmacies that I went through this is the best one I love. I enjoyed very much working with my colleages and I learned so many skills that I didn't learned in the community pharmacies. My coworkers are very good people and very easy to work with. Though sometimes there are few that are sometimes tough but it's just a matter of how you deal with them. The management is so good. So far, they are giving us good benefits. Since I worked in this hospital, I didn't find any hardship in my job and I enjoyed most of the time whatever shift I gonna take each day.
Pros
It is a government hospital with full benefits
Cons
If I can't make my exam to be regulated on 2015, I'll be layed off
Best place to work. 12 hour shifts. Good salary. Motivating work enviroment.
Pros
education
Cons
12 hour shifts
hardworker, friendly, reliable, trustworthy, can work without supervision, knowlegeable in medical equipment. punctual, work effectively within a team, passionate about work, remain calm in crisis situations, respect clients, staff and the confidentiality of their information. The hardest part of the job if the patients are they are in a hardtime suffering too much pain, dealing w/ family are in denial. The most enjoyable part of the job during our patients they are extend their life, revive by the physician and tru the help of the team of medical practetioner.
Pros
take advantage of the teatime, smoking
Cons
to have an reliable income + package benefits