Providence Health Care

Providence Health Care Employee Reviews

Productive, and they care for the resident and staff.

During the time I was working I had several trainings that helped me to be more prepare for the job's demand; I worked in the extended care and I really like the care plan designed for the residents. These two aspects show the care that Providence Health Care has for the residents and their employees.

Pros

The team work environment

Cons

Frequent overtime

fun work, flexible hours

Working as a recreation therapist gives me the freedom of creating my own program for my clients as a contractor for Providence Care. I have flexibility of timing and activities that I plan for people to help enhance their lives and the relationships with the clients are very productive. Pay is excellent, but there are no benefits because I am considered a contractor, not a direct employee. There is also the issue of getting paid - I do get paid well, but there is a long wait for invoices to be paid out by the government of Ontario, (up to 3 months).

Pros

flexibility of work

Cons

long time to get paid for work done

Fast-paced working environment

Fast-paced working environment that requires multi-tasking job. It is essential to be conscientious and meticulous with passion for keeping people safe.

Safety problems + toxic culture

Many reviews here say the culture and management is toxic — true. I was assaulted at work by a patient; occ health then bullied me back to work. My manager told me being assaulted “isn’t personal” and I ended up resigning because the experience was so toxic and workers were still using the same space where I was assaulted, with no changes made.

Pros

Downtown

Cons

Toxic work culture

Low pay and no appreciation

PHC is a large organization so I'm sure experiences among staff differ greatly. In general, I found PHC to have many unqualified, unskilled people in significant administrative roles. I liked my work and my colleagues but could not afford to stay for long due to low pay. I stayed another year after the exec director pleaded with me, then when a director role opened up that I was perfectly qualified for, she would not even consider me. Instead she hired a friend of a friend who had little relevant experience. Also, the exec director addressed me as "Hey You". When I gently asked her to call me by my name, she went ballistic.

Pros

benefits; working downtown

Cons

disrespect; low pay; old and unhealthy buildings

Excellent in-service trainings by educators, good team sprit, respectful work environment, good work schedules, good job security and benefits.

Excellent experience working for 20years, in-service training opportunities every year.Experience great management, and guidance. Work with a respectful team. Build up professional nurse patient relationship.

Not worth it

The salary is super low because of the grade scale they use You’re never appreciated for how hard you work Your coworkers will throw you under the bus for their mistakes and if they’re the favourites / you’ll lose The culture is fake Management is useless If you have nowhere else to work - then go for it

Productive and warm hearted environment

Health Care Workers in Providence Health have confident and warm heart to treat humanity as they really want to. The management is very friendly as like role model of the colleagues.

fun workplace

I love working in Providence as RCA. I would like to be part on their health care team as LPN. The company will support your needs and will train you really well. they will have trainings before they deploy you on the site. you will have a lot of job opportunity. and

Pros

good benefits and salary

I love working in providence healthcare

I love working in providence healthcare management are excellent I love working environment. I would like providence healthcare could teach nurses and care Aids to work as a team I don’t see that among employees Sometimes is very hard for me to work or continue to work I also see they don’t treat part timers and casual worker equally I wish we all can work together

Pros

Fantastic supportive mangers and team leader

Cons

Safe and healthy environment full benefits and rates are good

Jobs at Providence Health Care

See more jobs

Great place to work - my colleagues are fun, kind and compassionate

I've worked at Providence Healthcare for over 10 years and it is such a great workplace! Everyone is very collaborative, it's organized and everyone is very compassionate and loves their jobs as well. The work culture is superb, and I couldn't be more fortunate to have landed a job that I love in this Organization!

Good volunteer

I did my first clinical here. I was working with the health care team. I learned a lot of skills towards my Nursing career such as feeding to the patients and giving morning and afternoon care.

Great organization to work witth

The people are great and the work environment depends where one is located, not all sites are friendly. The work could be stressful sometimes but fun

Working with seniors.

The job was a mix of fun and heavy work load. There was 1 person per floor responsible for 20 people. The typical day was a maximum of 2 light house keepings per day along with, dressing, medication assistance, and activities of daily living. I loved working with the tenants as they were fun and heard amazing stories of their lives and lots of laughs.

No one cares managers are the worst

The Culture at PHC is gossip, and back stabbing. It starts with Managers pitting one employee against the other. This starts with top level managers and flows all the way down. Managers don't suppirt their ataff. No one cares for each other. WThis is exactly qhy patients feel uncared for. Management is beyond abusive and staff foolliw the leader.

Pros

Helping Patients

Cons

To Many to list Worst Health Authority in the province.

Excellent benefits, opportunities to apply within

Although at times it can be stressful, due to it being a fast paced environment, it is working alongside my colleagues that makes it a pleasant place to work.

Fun

It was fun but it is a volunteer position. We interact a lot with elderly who come from different countries. You need to be patient while doing this job.

Challenging and Engaging work environment

Challenging and exciting work environment for central-located public hospital. Provides many services including Cardiac, Mental Health, supports for Downtown Eastside patients, and general medical/surgical.

Lots of different hats

During my many years at SPH, I was able to work in a number of different departments and undertake many different projects and tasks. I was able to learn to work collaboratively, as well as independently. And was exposed to many facets of the administrative running of a inner city hospital.

Not a place where someone wants to work

This is not a facility where I would want to work nor refer a registered nurse to work. The hours are grueling, the shift rotations are unacceptable and the work environment at the time I was employed was toxic. Management was not supportive by any means and the staff were much like management. That is not without say I worked with some excellent RNs but most of the nurses should not be in nursing. Benefits of employment do not outweigh the hospital culture. Turnover seems to be high and retention low.

Pros

Some hospital benefits

Cons

shift rotations, lack of management support, poor communicaton between staff and management.

Under appreciated job

The hospitals are great places to work, the actual job itself is repetitive but the coworkers make it a fun environment. Management is clueless and harasses employees about their sickleave, and there's very little job security because you can be bumped to just about any hospital in the lower mainland.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2