Providence Health Care

Insights into Providence Health Care

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Can be stressful at times especially during Covid but good environment to work at.

Registration, discharge, booking, scheduling, admin stuff. Management is supportive. Workplace culture can differ depending on department but 4/5 is great from my experience.

Excellent place to work.

I wish I could grow up in this place. However, it mainly depends on seniority. My current position as a screener is temporary and related to COVID restrictions, which means I could be sent home at any moment. Otherwise, the permanent positions are excellent, stable, and enjoy benefits.

Collaborative workplace always striving to improve

This is an organization committed to constant improvement for its patients, staff, and community. Small and mighty is an understatement; the team does a lot with what they have.

political work place, senior employees like to bully new employees, fast paced, poor culture

you have to work long hours because supervisor push the jobs down to the junior level employees, some senior employees like to bully junior new employees. very political work place! Employee turnover is high due to the poor culture! leaders don't care about employee turnover rate!

Pros

fast paced, high stressed workplace, poor management !

Cons

good benefit package

Best Health Authority to Work

My role is within the corporate/administration sector (previously clinical) and PHC is the best working experience I've had in healthcare, compared to PHSA and VCH.

Pros

Work From Home policy, supportive workplace culture, walks the walk

Not professional

Always short of stuff. Always trying to make you do overtime. They don't appreciate the overtime when you do it. They staff are not pleasant. There are plenty of other places to work at then this

Overworked and underpaid

If you are looking for a company that appreciates you and the work you do, is supportive and pays fairly for the work you do……this isn’t the place for you.

Cons

No support or appreciation for the administration role.

Understaffed and Overworked

Limited amount of staff to deal with patients. Very competitive atmosphere. Part timers are expected to take as many overtime hours as possible to compensate for staffing issues. Management turns a blind eye. Extremely stressful and patients pay the price.

Cons

No help. Understaffed especially at night.

Best organization I've ever worked for

Top down, this organizations lives its values. Workplace culture is healthy! It truly is the way a workplace should be. No regrets joining the PHC family.

Productive, and they care for the resident and staff.

During the time I was working I had several trainings that helped me to be more prepare for the job's demand; I worked in the extended care and I really like the care plan designed for the residents. These two aspects show the care that Providence Health Care has for the residents and their employees.

Pros

The team work environment

Cons

Frequent overtime

fun work, flexible hours

Working as a recreation therapist gives me the freedom of creating my own program for my clients as a contractor for Providence Care. I have flexibility of timing and activities that I plan for people to help enhance their lives and the relationships with the clients are very productive. Pay is excellent, but there are no benefits because I am considered a contractor, not a direct employee. There is also the issue of getting paid - I do get paid well, but there is a long wait for invoices to be paid out by the government of Ontario, (up to 3 months).

Pros

flexibility of work

Cons

long time to get paid for work done

Fast-paced working environment

Fast-paced working environment that requires multi-tasking job. It is essential to be conscientious and meticulous with passion for keeping people safe.

Safety problems + toxic culture

Many reviews here say the culture and management is toxic — true. I was assaulted at work by a patient; occ health then bullied me back to work. My manager told me being assaulted “isn’t personal” and I ended up resigning because the experience was so toxic and workers were still using the same space where I was assaulted, with no changes made.

Pros

Downtown

Cons

Toxic work culture

Low pay and no appreciation

PHC is a large organization so I'm sure experiences among staff differ greatly. In general, I found PHC to have many unqualified, unskilled people in significant administrative roles. I liked my work and my colleagues but could not afford to stay for long due to low pay. I stayed another year after the exec director pleaded with me, then when a director role opened up that I was perfectly qualified for, she would not even consider me. Instead she hired a friend of a friend who had little relevant experience. Also, the exec director addressed me as "Hey You". When I gently asked her to call me by my name, she went ballistic.

Pros

benefits; working downtown

Cons

disrespect; low pay; old and unhealthy buildings

Excellent in-service trainings by educators, good team sprit, respectful work environment, good work schedules, good job security and benefits.

Excellent experience working for 20years, in-service training opportunities every year.Experience great management, and guidance. Work with a respectful team. Build up professional nurse patient relationship.

Not worth it

The salary is super low because of the grade scale they use You’re never appreciated for how hard you work Your coworkers will throw you under the bus for their mistakes and if they’re the favourites / you’ll lose The culture is fake Management is useless If you have nowhere else to work - then go for it

Productive and warm hearted environment

Health Care Workers in Providence Health have confident and warm heart to treat humanity as they really want to. The management is very friendly as like role model of the colleagues.

fun workplace

I love working in Providence as RCA. I would like to be part on their health care team as LPN. The company will support your needs and will train you really well. they will have trainings before they deploy you on the site. you will have a lot of job opportunity. and

Pros

good benefits and salary

I love working in providence healthcare

I love working in providence healthcare management are excellent I love working environment. I would like providence healthcare could teach nurses and care Aids to work as a team I don’t see that among employees Sometimes is very hard for me to work or continue to work I also see they don’t treat part timers and casual worker equally I wish we all can work together

Pros

Fantastic supportive mangers and team leader

Cons

Safe and healthy environment full benefits and rates are good

Great place to work - my colleagues are fun, kind and compassionate

I've worked at Providence Healthcare for over 10 years and it is such a great workplace! Everyone is very collaborative, it's organized and everyone is very compassionate and loves their jobs as well. The work culture is superb, and I couldn't be more fortunate to have landed a job that I love in this Organization!

Good volunteer

I did my first clinical here. I was working with the health care team. I learned a lot of skills towards my Nursing career such as feeding to the patients and giving morning and afternoon care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement