Providence Health Care

Providence Health Care Employee Reviews

Canada98 reviews
Excellent in-service trainings by educators, good team sprit, respectful work environment, good work schedules, good job security and benefits.
Excellent experience working for 20years, in-service training opportunities every year.Experience great management, and guidance. Work with a respectful team. Build up professional nurse patient relationship.
Not worth it
The salary is super low because of the grade scale they use
You’re never appreciated for how hard you work

Your coworkers will throw you under the bus for their mistakes and if they’re the favourites / you’ll lose

The culture is fake

Management is useless

If you have nowhere else to work - then go for it
Productive and warm hearted environment
Health Care Workers in Providence Health have confident and warm heart to treat humanity as they really want to. The management is very friendly as like role model of the colleagues.
fun workplace
I love working in Providence as RCA. I would like to be part on their health care team as LPN. The company will support your needs and will train you really well. they will have trainings before they deploy you on the site. you will have a lot of job opportunity.
and
Pros
good benefits and salary
I love working in providence healthcare
I love working in providence healthcare management are excellent I love working environment.
I would like providence healthcare could teach nurses and care Aids to work as a team I don’t see that among employees

Sometimes is very hard for me to work or continue to work

I also see they don’t treat part timers and casual worker equally

I wish we all can work together
Pros
Fantastic supportive mangers and team leader
Cons
Safe and healthy environment full benefits and rates are good
Great place to work - my colleagues are fun, kind and compassionate
I've worked at Providence Healthcare for over 10 years and it is such a great workplace! Everyone is very collaborative, it's organized and everyone is very compassionate and loves their jobs as well.
The work culture is superb, and I couldn't be more fortunate to have landed a job that I love in this Organization!
Good volunteer
I did my first clinical here. I was working with the health care team. I learned a lot of skills towards my Nursing career such as feeding to the patients and giving morning and afternoon care.
Great organization to work witth
The people are great and the work environment depends where one is located, not all sites are friendly. The work could be stressful sometimes but fun
Working with seniors.
The job was a mix of fun and heavy work load. There was 1 person per floor responsible for 20 people. The typical day was a maximum of 2 light house keepings per day along with, dressing, medication assistance, and activities of daily living. I loved working with the tenants as they were fun and heard amazing stories of their lives and lots of laughs.
No one cares managers are the worst
The Culture at PHC is gossip, and back stabbing. It starts with Managers pitting one employee against the other.
This starts with top level managers and flows all the way down. Managers don't suppirt their ataff. No one cares for each other. WThis is exactly qhy patients feel uncared for. Management is beyond abusive and staff foolliw the leader.
Pros
Helping Patients
Cons
To Many to list Worst Health Authority in the province.
Excellent benefits, opportunities to apply within
Although at times it can be stressful, due to it being a fast paced environment, it is working alongside my colleagues that makes it a pleasant place to work.
Fun
It was fun but it is a volunteer position. We interact a lot with elderly who come from different countries. You need to be patient while doing this job.
Challenging and Engaging work environment
Challenging and exciting work environment for central-located public hospital. Provides many services including Cardiac, Mental Health, supports for Downtown Eastside patients, and general medical/surgical.
Fun place to Work at
You work with a variety of people and situations daily. You need to be Customer Service based before thinking of working here. Enjoyable part of the day is to see the smiling faces after they have had a great visit with the multiple types of specialists
Lots of different hats
During my many years at SPH, I was able to work in a number of different departments and undertake many different projects and tasks.
I was able to learn to work collaboratively, as well as independently. And was exposed to many facets of the administrative running of a inner city hospital.
Not a place where someone wants to work
This is not a facility where I would want to work nor refer a registered nurse to work. The hours are grueling, the shift rotations are unacceptable and the work environment at the time I was employed was toxic. Management was not supportive by any means and the staff were much like management. That is not without say I worked with some excellent RNs but most of the nurses should not be in nursing. Benefits of employment do not outweigh the hospital culture. Turnover seems to be high and retention low.
Pros
Some hospital benefits
Cons
shift rotations, lack of management support, poor communicaton between staff and management.
Under appreciated job
The hospitals are great places to work, the actual job itself is repetitive but the coworkers make it a fun environment. Management is clueless and harasses employees about their sickleave, and there's very little job security because you can be bumped to just about any hospital in the lower mainland.
Poor training, takes over one year for 30 day probation
As casual employee they do not allow a straight 30 days on the job. Expect employees to know the various positions without giving them exposure to them.
Great working envirnment
great team of people to work with. Good pace. Typically a decent work load. Enjoyed the 12 hour shifts. There was a lot of support from the leadership team
Patient Care
Extremely busy as registration clerk in various positions. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of making sure patients were satisfied. Stressful job but very rewarding.
Very productive fundraising organization
Working for Providence Health Care was very rewarding. Raising funds for senior patients and residents at hospitals and care homes in Vancouver provided many exciting challenges and opportunities, allowing for personal and professional growth, as well as continuing to develop a versatile skill set. I enjoyed working with many people from a variety of backgrounds, professions and cultures.