Providence Health Care Employee Reviews

Slow and beauracratic
Community Marketing Lead (MBA Intern) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 April 2018
Was hired an MBA intern. The team had no direction or vision. The job responsibilities were not MBA level. My hiring manager left within 2 months almost without informing me.
Pros
Easy Work, More Pay
Cons
Slow
Human Resources Analyst (Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
Providence is a great organization to work for. Great work life balance, great team of people who really care about the work that they are doing. If you care about our Health Care, this is the place for you to work.
Placement
Nursing Student, Amputee and Rehabilitation Unit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
liked working there. staff if nice. learned a lot if still there. morning are very very busy but the afternoon are very calm. work on the 5 floor amputee unit
Work only the time within your regular hours
Accounting Administrative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
Learned mostly the products and services how a hospital purchase and provide, charge the bills. There is ongoing learning and development. It is a friendly and welcoming environment.
Pros
Paid leaves for remembrance and Easter Monday
Faith-based employer
Interim Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2018
Vision-Mission statement is really implemented and followed. Patient-centered and looks after the well-being of its employees. Nurturing environment.
Typical day at work starts with checking emails, organize meetings and provide admin support to the executive.
Managers and supervisors are given extra courses on time management, conflict resolution, and everyone has a chance for career advancement.
Workplace culture is very humane and people centered.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
nothing I can think of
ups and downs
LPN (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2017
worked with some great mangers/leaders but also some poor ones as well. has a bit of eat the young atmosphere. If your liked then you should be OK and have many new opportunities available for you.
The Reason I Get Out of Bed
Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 December 2017
Providence Health care is a very well balanced culture. I enjoy working closely with our research team in providing better health care to our hundreds of patients daily. I work closely with varying professionals on a day to day basis and have the opportunity to collaborate an effective plan with each team member. Providence is a a culture that truly inspires care and devotion to our staff and patients. People do not come here to feel isolated; they come here to join our family and seek the care that they require for themselves or their loved ones. One of the best places I have ever had the opportunity to work with.
Pros
Management is fantastic, and the culture between professionals is fun and inviting.
Cons
Our locations in Vancouver need more parking, for staff and for visitors.
Providence Health Care is a friendly environment
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC22 November 2017
Being employed by Providence Health Care has been a life changing experience for me.
I have enjoyed coming to work every day for the past 6+ years.
Everyday I am learning on the job. I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given by Providence Health Care.
The hardest part about my job would be seeing some traumatic things on a daily basis. But with Providence Health care they provide excellent counselling service to make sure workers are physically fit and mentally fit.
The most enjoyable part about my job is knowing I have an employer who has my back and wants to see every employee succeed in the line of work they do. I enjoy seeing the smile on patients faces and people who thank me or tell me I am doing a great job. People aren't necessarily wanting to come to the hospital, so making their stay at the hospital as comforting as possible is my mission as an employee.
Pros
the benefits, job protection, salary
Cons
Negative attitudes of co-workers when it is busy
One of the best Rehab Centres
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
It was a great pleasure to write few words for Providence Health care. As a Student Nurse, it was really a great place for me to learn some of the skills and techniques. I want to be a part of it.
casual employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
decent hours, decent pay, good training program, friendly environment. managers very approachable. i would still work there is i could get full time hours
Good collaborative environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 October 2017
Depends on where you work and how the surrounding team is. But there is room for advancement and potentially moving up for more job positions. Managers are caring and listen to concerns.
Fun
Clerical (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 August 2017
A very hard working individual, who enjoys being challenge, and learn new task. With exception communication skill both in writing and verbally. Excel at building trusting relationship with co-working.
Portfolio Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 June 2017
Great place to work, friendly faces and overall good morale.

Managers are easy to talk to and understanding. Very efficient and productive place to work.
Great place as a student
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 January 2016
Phenomenal work environment for a student. As a casual employee you aren't entitled to benefits or stat holidays off, you are however paid 11.8% in the lieu of these, which is a great jump in hourly wage, hours are plentiful and flexible for people in school and everybody is very helpful to new hires.
My job is always rewarding and fun!
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2015
Providence Health Care is wonderful place to work - everybody is extremely friendly and humble . My manager is always helpful and understanding - The benefits such as extended health care and pension plan are impressive. Everyone is treated the same here and we always have fun inside and outside our job.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Records Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 September 2015
My experience here was fantastic, as I was able to learn and advance my skills to help better myself as a person and as an employee.
Good at the beginning
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 June 2015
It was a great place to work in the beginning but as the years went by the work load and number of patients one was responsible for increased and it became a strain on providing quality care.
fun workplace
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 April 2015
people are very friendly and productive, however some management could serve to be a bit more polite. A typical day is 8hrs long but passes very quickly with good company.
Pros
coworkers and events
Cons
poor management
It is a supportive and wonderful organization to be apart of
IV Infusion PICC Therapy RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2015
I believe that Providence Health Care is a leader in patient care and medical research. The management is supportive and that provides strong job satisfaction
Relaxed, but good productivity
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2015
Quiet workplace, lots of communication, nice atmosphere.
Pros
Developed communication skills
Cons
co-op placement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.