Providence Health Care Employee Reviews

Clerk from many hospitals
Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  multiple31 May 2018
Pay is not a living wage for clerical jobs. Many departments full of women are catty, and it can be difficult waiting for seniority to build. Job security is high due to union. Very little chance of advancement.
Pros
Predictable Schedule, can transfer locations
Cons
Little advancement
o.k
Clerk (Former Employee) –  BC30 May 2018
The job itself it good. Management - Site managers and above give special treatment to certain people. If they like you, they will be nice to you and bend over backwards for you. If they don't, they will be mean and not be too accommodating.
Slow and beauracratic
Community Marketing Lead (MBA Intern) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 April 2018
Was hired an MBA intern. The team had no direction or vision. The job responsibilities were not MBA level. My hiring manager left within 2 months almost without informing me.
Pros
Easy Work, More Pay
Cons
Slow
Great experience
Health Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 April 2018
Enjoyed my time working for this company. Only left due to other employment opportunities that offered full time hours. It was great working in a hospital environment. Professional and positive experience.
Human Resources Analyst (Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
Providence is a great organization to work for. Great work life balance, great team of people who really care about the work that they are doing. If you care about our Health Care, this is the place for you to work.
Faith-based employer
Interim Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2018
Vision-Mission statement is really implemented and followed. Patient-centered and looks after the well-being of its employees. Nurturing environment.
Typical day at work starts with checking emails, organize meetings and provide admin support to the executive.
Managers and supervisors are given extra courses on time management, conflict resolution, and everyone has a chance for career advancement.
Workplace culture is very humane and people centered.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
nothing I can think of
ups and downs
LPN (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2017
worked with some great mangers/leaders but also some poor ones as well. has a bit of eat the young atmosphere. If your liked then you should be OK and have many new opportunities available for you.
The Reason I Get Out of Bed
Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 December 2017
Providence Health care is a very well balanced culture. I enjoy working closely with our research team in providing better health care to our hundreds of patients daily. I work closely with varying professionals on a day to day basis and have the opportunity to collaborate an effective plan with each team member. Providence is a a culture that truly inspires care and devotion to our staff and patients. People do not come here to feel isolated; they come here to join our family and seek the care that they require for themselves or their loved ones. One of the best places I have ever had the opportunity to work with.
Pros
Management is fantastic, and the culture between professionals is fun and inviting.
Cons
Our locations in Vancouver need more parking, for staff and for visitors.
Providence Health Care is a friendly environment
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC22 November 2017
Being employed by Providence Health Care has been a life changing experience for me.
I have enjoyed coming to work every day for the past 6+ years.
Everyday I am learning on the job. I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given by Providence Health Care.
The hardest part about my job would be seeing some traumatic things on a daily basis. But with Providence Health care they provide excellent counselling service to make sure workers are physically fit and mentally fit.
The most enjoyable part about my job is knowing I have an employer who has my back and wants to see every employee succeed in the line of work they do. I enjoy seeing the smile on patients faces and people who thank me or tell me I am doing a great job. People aren't necessarily wanting to come to the hospital, so making their stay at the hospital as comforting as possible is my mission as an employee.
Pros
the benefits, job protection, salary
Cons
Negative attitudes of co-workers when it is busy
Good collaborative environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 October 2017
Depends on where you work and how the surrounding team is. But there is room for advancement and potentially moving up for more job positions. Managers are caring and listen to concerns.
Portfolio Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 June 2017
Great place to work, friendly faces and overall good morale.

Managers are easy to talk to and understanding. Very efficient and productive place to work.
Great place as a student
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 January 2016
Phenomenal work environment for a student. As a casual employee you aren't entitled to benefits or stat holidays off, you are however paid 11.8% in the lieu of these, which is a great jump in hourly wage, hours are plentiful and flexible for people in school and everybody is very helpful to new hires.
My job is always rewarding and fun!
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2015
Providence Health Care is wonderful place to work - everybody is extremely friendly and humble . My manager is always helpful and understanding - The benefits such as extended health care and pension plan are impressive. Everyone is treated the same here and we always have fun inside and outside our job.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Records Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 September 2015
My experience here was fantastic, as I was able to learn and advance my skills to help better myself as a person and as an employee.
Good at the beginning
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 June 2015
It was a great place to work in the beginning but as the years went by the work load and number of patients one was responsible for increased and it became a strain on providing quality care.
It is a supportive and wonderful organization to be apart of
IV Infusion PICC Therapy RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2015
I believe that Providence Health Care is a leader in patient care and medical research. The management is supportive and that provides strong job satisfaction
A great learning environment
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 July 2014
Greet patients and visitors at the desk in a friendly, courteous manner.
Coordinate admission o patients.
Assist nurse with room assignments when necessary.
Initiate labeled medical record on admission.
Assure prompt completion of admission diagnostic work with assistance from RN/LPN.
Notify nurse of any stat treatments or medication.
Coordinate discharge/transfer of resident.
Prepare medical record for discharge.
Answer telephone efficiently and courteously and relay messages and calls to appropriate personnel and patients. Also relay information to other departments as needed.
Answer patient intercom promptly and courteously and refer urgent requests to the nurse immediately.
Transcribe physician orders.
Make requisitions for diagnostic studies, make out Medication Administration Record (MAR) and Kardex and assure completion of stat orders.
Notify the nurse of new orders and assure orders are double­checked for transcription by the nurse.
fast paced and challenging work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2014
Terrific co-workers with similar values.
Not a lot of engagement with management
12 hour rotating shifts
Difficult client, real mix of cultures
Love the sense of team work and camaraderie with my co workers
A possitive educational opportunity
PSYCHITRIC NURSE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 June 2014
A typical day would include report from the previous shift, greeting my patients and administering medications. I would also lead groups and assist patients in personal care when required. Other duties would be to take vitals and perform other skills such as wound care and oxygen administration, safety checks and behavior care planning.

My co-workers make up a team of caring and enthusiastic people who are dedicated to making the stay of our patients as positive and healing as possible.

I have learned that the most important element of this job is treating patients and families with respect and empathy with the vision of improving their ability to cope with mental illness.

The hardest part of the job is having to discharge patients to a shelter as well as the unfortunate reality of patient suicide.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of patients and families however small.
Pros
Very good access to nursing educational opportunities
Cons
long comute to work
Great place to work.
Program Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver12 May 2014
Catholic organization.
Team environment
Reporting to Director, and maintaining their calendar, scheduling meeting, ordering cater, A/R, A/P, and any other duties required
Pros
People
Cons
dealing with some shaddy clientale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Providence Health Care Reviews by Location