Providence College Employee Reviews

Graduate Hall Director Role
Hall Director, Office of Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI29 April 2018
This was a graduate hall director position. We were able to supervise, train, and evaluate student staff. The culture of the institution is typical of Catholic and predominately white institution.
Productive workplace with a helpful team in place.
Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI3 April 2018
This job allowed to grow and gain experience in the field of coaching. The people on campus were very helpful and gave me confidence to do my job to best of my abilities. I would recommend Providence College to anyone looking to further their careers.
Administrative Assistant - Graduate Office (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI28 March 2018
Working in the Graduate office was fun slow pace environment met lots of students and people, assisted the Dean of Graduate with his scheduled and proctor classes for him. Good place to work
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
slow pace
Too much micromanagement, poor leadership, low career growth potential or opportunities
Graduate Assistant Office (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI26 March 2018
Providence College:

Lacks Diversity among faculty and students

Lacks structure, more reactive rather than proactive

Lacks proper Academic Advising structure for students

Not enough support for underrepresented students
Pros
Academic Curriculum
Cons
Diversity
good
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI3 March 2018
This was a work study job. Obviously, it is not a very serious job, but I did it to make money while I was a student at providence college. Overall, it was a good job.
Excellent place to work with great campus culture
Major Gifts Officer (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI23 January 2018
Typical workday at PC is collaborative, professional, and welcoming. This community has a true sense of family and respects family and work/life balance.
Training
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI8 January 2018
Training was an awesome experience meeting a lot of students that are in the same situation as you. You form friendships with your peers during training, and you learn a lot from each other. This is an experience that you will always cherish and remember. However, the pay and compensation were not enough for the amount of work required from RA 's.
Pros
free food during training
Cons
pay
Assist students when they need the help
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI26 December 2017
i stock up on supplies students need in the lunch room , clean up tables , wash dishes , remove all trash i have to keep the lunch room cleaned up nice . and assist student on checking out on there foods.
fun place to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI13 December 2017
well laid back environment with lovely people inside willing to teach you. You need to know everything about your duty but do not worry with time, you will get a hang of it.
Good starting job
VIDEOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI4 November 2017
Young leadership who are all engaged in getting the best product for their school. People who worked in my department were either students of PC, alumni, or associated with my school NEIT
Great place to work, loved the students
Assistant Director of Nurses/Student Health Center (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI16 October 2017
My job entailed assessing students when they came to health center ill. Schedule appointment with physician when needed. Assist physician with exam and carry out physician orders.
Pros
Working with college students
Cons
no cons
Grad Assistant Part time
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI10 October 2017
They paid for my tuition in grad school. I was a part time employee and it was worth it for the tuition, skills I learned, and transition into a business career.
Pros
work day started at 11am
Cons
not respected because I was a part time employee grad assistant
Awesome job!
Coordinator of Aquatics (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI2 August 2017
Boss was really great to work for, you knew where you stood with him and all assignments were completely understood. Hard work but definitely was worth it.
Undergraduate Research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI 0290813 July 2017
Self-guided research based on preset goals. Was given the tools needed to perform but minimal oversight. Once the original project was completed, was given free reign as to what the next project should be. Able to present on project and submit for publications
Pros
Self-guided
Cons
Self-guided
Awesome
Babysitter/Nanny (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT24 May 2017
I love it. It is the best school in America. I could not see myself anywhere else. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me after I graduate with my bachelors in Marketing.
Productive, flexible, and fun
HelpDesk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI23 May 2017
It worked well with my class schedules. The people were very friendly and professional even though were were all able to develop close friendships. I worked there for 3 years and really enjoyed it.
Pros
can do homework there
Cons
no breaks
Fun work Environment
Graduate Assistant Higher ED (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI25 April 2017
It was a valuable growing experience to prepare for actual job experience in a time period transitioning from college. Working with two great directors made the every day issues and work much enjoyable, and there was never a time when they would not extend assistance.
good place to work
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI17 April 2017
worked at the gym and rec center easy and fun. Providence college is a great place to be and meet people. All the people that I came across are nice and down to earth.
Pros
fun
Cons
minimum wage
Good atmosphere
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI10 April 2017
The best part of the job is working with the boys to make sure that your building doesn't get vandalized and that the residents are safe.

The worst part is that the administration who tells you how to operate in the job at three in the morning is soundly in their beds with their wives and husbands in the selfsame hour.
great, friendly environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harkins Hall5 April 2017
I love working for PC. I am a student here and am working as a student worker in the Office of Institutional Advancement. It is a friendly working environment.