PROVIDENCE CARE

PROVIDENCE CARE Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
Fast Paced, but Productive
Busy paced, but team work prevelant. I appreciated the autonomy of my position and building up of the position for decision support. Lots of positive feedback.
very good experience for prospective healthcare professionals
This is ideal for high school students and university students wishing to have a part-time job. 8-10 3 hour shifts per month plus picking up extra when needed
good
it was a 3 year contract and was very good. snow plowing, landscaping, flower beds and Arbre care along with cleaning and general maintenance. i personally dealt with the director of the hospital.
great place to work
I love Providence Care and the employees. My boss is great to work with and inclusive. The pay is generous and everyone including the patients are lovely and very easy to get along with.
challenging, rewarding work environment
as with most working environments, the job can be very challenging, offering many opportunities to learn and expand on knowledge. Opportunities to advance are prevalent if that is what you seek. Hard work will reward
Fulfilling Place to work
Over all it it a fulfilling place to work. There can be a bit of a division between mental health areas and Medical areas of nursing. some floors the work load is heavier than others.
Professional place of work
Opportunities for growth and innovative care. Challenging, secure, very patient friendly. Clean, organized, uses the newest technology and several areas of healthcare.
Manager Doesn't Support Staff
Horrible experience working here. Manager has taken credit for work/projects that I initiated and worked many long hours on. You are under extreme speculation. If you are management, you can take 2 hour lunches, couple coffee breaks to store down the road, multiple personal lengthy phone calls, gossiping, etc. Worked part-time with more than full-time hours. If you are unable to complete all your duties, you are reprimanded; and if you ask for additional hours, you are not given any and expected to complete all duties. Duties included reception, administrative duties such as reports, letters, accounting, staff payroll, organizing and managing meetings and completing meeting minutes.
Pros
Amazing clients
Cons
Management not supportive
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PROVIDENCE CARE?
Terrible work environment and poor management
I had a position as a temporary staff member and I was treated horribly by seniority staff who were burnt out. The "team" were bullies to new staff members. Management does not value their employees. You are just a number, not a person. Do not apply here if you have an important event in the future because you will never get the time off you requested. Also, it is always short staffed. Fellow temporary members of the team have been hurt and not supported by management.
Pros
building relationships with the clients
Cons
never get requested time off, always short staffed, staff are bullies to new people, management will not support you especially if you are hurt.
Rewarding experience
Providence care is a very rewarding place to volunteer! It is a low commitment if your schedule is busy, but once you get there you want to volunteer as much as possible because everyone is so friendly!
Large organization, but still personable
I was a student at Providence Care. I was given a lot of opportunities and met some really amazing people. It seems like a place where people really want to be and where people really care. Naturally, the bigger the organization means that they are not perfect.
Great experience & team work environment.
Working in a small community based team has been very rewarding thus far & I enjoy increasing the Quality of Life for the geriatric population, helping the LTCH's within our team is fantastic.
good place to work with a collaborative approach to finding solutions
I really like the environment - friendly and welcoming.

The work is plentiful and certainly interesting - getting to the bottom of things and knowing who owns what can sometimes be frustrating but they have a team approach that i find positive.
Pros
good people, job security, pension, interesting work, challenging
Fun place to work
Great environment and friendly staff. Everyone is ready to lend a helping hand when needed. Staff are professional and care about patience well being.
Good pay, vacation and benefits and that’s it!
This organization does not live their mission statement. Employees are literally just a number to them. Long years of dedication and flexibility mean nothing in the end.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, etc
Cons
Staff are not valued when it comes down to it.
Good Place to Work
I received training on various things and learned a lot. Depending on who you get as a research supervisor you can learn a lot from them and grow your skills.
Love the patients, although management wants us to call them clients. Very poor management.
Poor management & no organization. PC does not understand mental illness & the safety risks involved. When staff are attacked - it is their own fault
Pros
assisting people who have a mental illness
Cons
lack of organization and poor management - long hours
Productive workplace
I did my final practicum at Providence Care Center. I had an amazing experienced and practiced my time management. I finished and enjoyed my practicum because the staffs are friendly and easy to work with.
In a transition period.
Currently in transition period. The work environment can be negative at times. The clients and co-workers are the best part about this job, and we are looking forward to the new hospital that is opening soon.
Great place to work!
I really enjoy the opportunities this location provides to me. Very welcoming and willing to work with my school schedule
Amazing Opportunity
Amazing opportunity working along side physiotherapists, occupational therapists and recreational therapists. Assisted patients with their daily activities and workout plans. Demonstrated proper techniques and assisted when necessary. Wonderful experience and worked with amazing individuals.