PROVIDENCE CARE Employee Reviews

great place to work
Patient Assitant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 April 2019
I love Providence Care and the employees. My boss is great to work with and inclusive. The pay is generous and everyone including the patients are lovely and very easy to get along with.
Fulfilling Place to work
RPN (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 December 2018
Over all it it a fulfilling place to work. There can be a bit of a division between mental health areas and Medical areas of nursing. some floors the work load is heavier than others.
Professional place of work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 November 2018
Opportunities for growth and innovative care. Challenging, secure, very patient friendly. Clean, organized, uses the newest technology and several areas of healthcare.
Manager Doesn't Support Staff
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 November 2018
Horrible experience working here. Manager has taken credit for work/projects that I initiated and worked many long hours on. You are under extreme speculation. If you are management, you can take 2 hour lunches, couple coffee breaks to store down the road, multiple personal lengthy phone calls, gossiping, etc. Worked part-time with more than full-time hours. If you are unable to complete all your duties, you are reprimanded; and if you ask for additional hours, you are not given any and expected to complete all duties. Duties included reception, administrative duties such as reports, letters, accounting, staff payroll, organizing and managing meetings and completing meeting minutes.
Pros
Amazing clients
Cons
Management not supportive
Terrible work environment and poor management
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 August 2018
I had a position as a temporary staff member and I was treated horribly by seniority staff who were burnt out. The "team" were bullies to new staff members. Management does not value their employees. You are just a number, not a person. Do not apply here if you have an important event in the future because you will never get the time off you requested. Also, it is always short staffed. Fellow temporary members of the team have been hurt and not supported by management.
Pros
building relationships with the clients
Cons
never get requested time off, always short staffed, staff are bullies to new people, management will not support you especially if you are hurt.
Rewarding experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 June 2018
Providence care is a very rewarding place to volunteer! It is a low commitment if your schedule is busy, but once you get there you want to volunteer as much as possible because everyone is so friendly!
Large organization, but still personable
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 April 2018
I was a student at Providence Care. I was given a lot of opportunities and met some really amazing people. It seems like a place where people really want to be and where people really care. Naturally, the bigger the organization means that they are not perfect.
Great experience & team work environment.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 February 2018
Working in a small community based team has been very rewarding thus far & I enjoy increasing the Quality of Life for the geriatric population, helping the LTCH's within our team is fantastic.
good place to work with a collaborative approach to finding solutions
Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 February 2018
I really like the environment - friendly and welcoming.

The work is plentiful and certainly interesting - getting to the bottom of things and knowing who owns what can sometimes be frustrating but they have a team approach that i find positive.
Pros
good people, job security, pension, interesting work, challenging
Fun place to work
LIFEGUARD (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 January 2018
Great environment and friendly staff. Everyone is ready to lend a helping hand when needed. Staff are professional and care about patience well being.
Good pay, vacation and benefits and that’s it!
Medical/psychiatric secretary (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 December 2017
This organization does not live their mission statement. Employees are literally just a number to them. Long years of dedication and flexibility mean nothing in the end.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, etc
Cons
Staff are not valued when it comes down to it.
Good Place to Work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 September 2017
I received training on various things and learned a lot. Depending on who you get as a research supervisor you can learn a lot from them and grow your skills.
Love the patients, although management wants us to call them clients. Very poor management.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  adult treatment & rehab6 April 2017
Poor management & no organization. PC does not understand mental illness & the safety risks involved. When staff are attacked - it is their own fault
Pros
assisting people who have a mental illness
Cons
lack of organization and poor management - long hours
Productive workplace
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
I did my final practicum at Providence Care Center. I had an amazing experienced and practiced my time management. I finished and enjoyed my practicum because the staffs are friendly and easy to work with.
In a transition period.
Developmental Services Worker, Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 August 2016
Currently in transition period. The work environment can be negative at times. The clients and co-workers are the best part about this job, and we are looking forward to the new hospital that is opening soon.
Great place to work!
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 March 2016
I really enjoy the opportunities this location provides to me. Very welcoming and willing to work with my school schedule
Amazing Opportunity
Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 March 2016
Amazing opportunity working along side physiotherapists, occupational therapists and recreational therapists. Assisted patients with their daily activities and workout plans. Demonstrated proper techniques and assisted when necessary. Wonderful experience and worked with amazing individuals.
Sr. Administrator
Executive Assistant, to VP, Operations & CFO (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 October 2014
Review appointments; ensure meeting packages are available; review all emails for both myself and the Vice President and response as necessary with all information requested. Follow up on reminders that are due that day or week as it relates to funding and timeframes; prepare correspondence; monitor accident reports and insure sufficient information is received and claims are filed; follow up on claims and vehicle repairs; respond to inquiries from the portfolio directors; ensure a smooth day at the office;
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Policies not always consistently applied
warmth and tenderness
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  kingston ontrio23 September 2014
it was a second home to so many, and touch my heart in so many ways, it was unexplainable.....treasured my volunteer time there...
Very well organized and always has the clients best interest
Attendant- Attendant Care Outreach Program (ACOP) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 May 2014
Assisting my clients with all aspects of ADL in their homes. I was always learning new ways to improve my home visits through communication with colleague's, management, clients and family members. I thoroughly enjoyed the one-on-one relationships that I was able to build with my clients, and the best part of my day was knowing that they were happy with my services at the end of my visit.
Pros
Ongoing education for staff members