Protrans Personnel Services Inc

Protrans Personnel Services Inc Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
Good place to start
They are usually pretty flexible. They help you get going in the Irving company you can usually find what you want to do. Alot of company to put you in a job that fits
No good company
No good work practices, unfair treatment of employee.

Unfair shift work schedule.

Not favorable recommending company.

Lead hand has discriminatory attitude.
Bien
Une bonne entreprise pour travailler et avoir de l’expérience
it was all business
I would leave from Cambridge On on my dedicated run to the greater Detroit area to unload and reload then return to Cambridge. I learned to help others as much as possible and it was always reciprocated. The culture here was fun and laid back. Waiting to cross the border at Sarnia ON/Port Huron MI. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with new people on a daily basis.
its ok
Protrans is under the Irving Group which is great but they like things done the "Irving" way. That may or may not be for you. Small space, office of 3/4 people. Terrible pay.
Most loved job ever
I truly loved that job and would have done it till retirement. Great staff, great team effort, great supervisor, trainor, co-workers, ect. We often had staff events, food brought in and paid for by company. The work itself was very interesting and challenging. Room to grow inside the company. Was truly a great job!! One issue, no work -life balance. A lot of overtime!
Its a wonderful company to work with
It was always good to work with them. My recruiter is always helpful, whenever I needed help she is always there. My co-workers are also very supportive.
Established and Respected Company
Protrans is backed by a long-standing, successful and thriving enterprise. The ownership is supportive and provides the tools needed for success. The internal staffing positions are reasonably compensated, and the company provides a decent work/life balance. Some of the systems and operating procedures are antiquated and in need of updating or revamping. It's a work in progress. A new generation of directors is overseeing a technological and philosophical revolution within the company. Good things are happening. Overall, a very good employer!
Productive workplace
Work was pleasant, not too fast paced.
I learned about payroll among other things.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with every day.
They lie abd make u slave
I will say ppl come to start work with full confidance but with in one month you do not feel to stay in the compeny
Reason: lie and treat like slave
Nice place to work
It is nice place to work. People are friendly. It is hard at the beginning to work at night shifts, but after some time you used to this. Management is good and appreciates employees. I like the opportunity to have extra shifts, or to take day off when you need it.
Poor placement outfit for drivers
This was a placement outfit for drivers who couldn't or wouldn't find an trucking firm.
They had total control where they would send drivers. Usually some less reputable companies.

They would take a cut of what they charged the trucking company and pay the driver the rest, most of the time I had no idea of how to base my pay rate.
Pros
A way to break into trucking as a profession.
Cons
Poor pay. Poor conditions
The pros and cons of protrans
The work at protrans is a 12 hour shift which usually consists of simple repetitive tasks.
The negative part is that sometimes, your shifts get cancelled for no reason, especially when you are part time.

I spent a whole month without working because my shifts were cancelled.

The good thing is that there are 3 paid breaks of 30 minutes.
It is a great place to work. They treat everone fairly. Management is great, they are easy to talk to and listen to my conerns. I would recomend this employer to anyone who is just starting out and needs some work experience
Positive working environment
I work 12 hour days at master packaging. I do four on and four off, having the four days off is nice but it would be nice to accumulate vacation. I work on a production line. I’ve learned most of the stations at master packaging. They are good managers and good people to work with.
It's a good place to work
Very comprehensive people.
Always pushing in the first place safety.

Respect the schedule and often giving the opportunity to work as long as we could
Protrans is very helpful to their employees
Protrans was very helpful with finding me a placement that worked with what I was looking for in a job. They responded quickly and effectively to any concerns that I had and always communicated well with me.
good place to be
i was a temp and some of the employees made me feel like one of them...i spent a year and a half with the agency before medical issues prompted us to part ways
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
just the way shifts switched back and forth every few days....was hard to regulate sleep
I enjoyed it for what it is.
Every week you get a schedule for where you are to work. The work is easy and does not demand much heavy lifting (albeit some exceptions). You must coordinate as a team at some areas to successfully put out a finished product so you must be a good team player. Management were pretty nice and would frequently check in with us to see how we're doing. This is a full 12 hour shift (at my position) so you shouldn't expect a solid work/life balance.
Pros
frequent breaks
fun workplace
when I cleaned there is was good! you could work at your own pace and very little supervision. I really enjoyed it. workplace was a office building environment cleaning it.
good work
They have good work and are good to work with but the pay was low and not much for overtime. hard to get ahead as have to have many years of service to compete for job listing inside the plant.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
Lower pay scale