ProSlide Technology Inc
ProSlide Technology Inc Employee Review

Challenged Everyday with New Learning Opportunities

25 October 2018
Every day is busy and there is no such thing as a typical work day. I get to learn every day and work in a team with supportive members. I am pushed outside of my comfort zone to bring us to the next level. Great culture!
Pros
Great People, Ability to Travel, Waterslides!
Cons
Heavy Work Load
18 April 2020
Electro-Mechanical Technologist (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
The staff are very friendly. If you do your work and are willing to put in the hours the financial rewards will be worth it. But because of this pandemic I think tough times are coming ahead for Proslide. I would definitely go back and work for them if they would ask me to come back. The company owner who started this company has a very dynamic personality.
8 January 2020
Prefer not to say. (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Think carefully about your career plans before joining Proslide. This is a good company for those who are just starting their careers but not necessarily the right company for those with established work experience. Most activities are scrutinized by the owner or his son in law. Many internal discussions and project plans are centered around the premise of keeping them happy. Creativity and experience will always take a back seat to what they want. Employees who take ownership and make decisions are not supported by the executive team and often open to an interrogation or altercation with the owner. There is simply no room for outside experience or ideas. There is a reason the HR department is large for a company of this size. The turnover rate is high. People are fired without any explanation leaving team members to pick up the slack. If you classify long-term employees at Proslide as being successful, it may be good to learn from them. They have survived because they make few decisions on their own. They also put up with the frequent outbursts from the owner and the lack of support from executive team. They have survived by being acting like a minion.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, Fun industry and excellent team atmosphere.
Cons
Past knowledge, creativity or experience is rarely recognized or accepted, Workload is often heavy, Unpredictable owner.
2 December 2019
Field Services Specialist (Current Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Working as an installer provides many skills in almost aspects in all trades, you become a jack of all trades, the hardest part is the traveling, you are gone at least 10 months out of the year.