Propak Systems Ltd. Employee Reviews

Ernest Hwang
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB5 April 2019
From 2014 to 2015, I worked at the Structure Shop,
I have a very good memory for this company.
But I had to leave the company because of my personal affairs.
I was so sorry.
If I have a chance to come back, the one you want to work at any time.
It’s a paycheck
Shift Foreman (Current Employee) –  Airdrie,ab31 January 2019
Work load is very manageable yet foreman and managers are not able to communicate with each dept to create a smooth transition from project to project
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Negative supervision
Good for apprentices looking for hours
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB24 January 2019
Upper management listens to completely biased and unfair supervisors instead of just walking out on the floor and seeing what's actually happening. Great pay, lot's of solid guys here, unfortunately the job security is terrible due to over saturated workforce. I used to pride myself on the fact I was highly productive and QC absolutely loved my welds and always praised me, got laid off and watched others that would spend half the morning sleeping or wasting time on purpose keep their jobs..
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Completely evil lead hands and supervisors
Good company, bad management
Sheet Metal Building Erector (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB23 January 2019
The company has a great bunch of guys to work with however, management will often mess things up. Each department has its own Foreman and that person only cares for his department. Meaning, if there is an issue, instead of resolving it as a team, the person will hide the problem or mistake and/or push it onto another department. In addition, the departments have their own hierarchy of who is more important.

Often, the tradesman will ignore their Foreman and work out the issues among themselves.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Bad management
Big company problems with big company politics
B Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 December 2018
Safety culture is less than amazing, wages where pretty good, but the politics where a bit much to take. If you have an issue with the safety standards, they start treating you with less respect, refuse you OT. Expect you to produce at 110% with no repairs.
Pros
High wages for a shop depending on skill
Cons
Constant pressure to produce at high levels under stress, home made tools not fit for the job.
very weak mentorship, management bully behaviour and egos get in the way
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB7 November 2018
This company is a POOR place to work at with a mentality that employees don't matter!...money matters ONLY!
After reading some other reviews...I am not only one who has experienced bullying and poor management and culture here.
Management there diminishes your self-esteem, your self worth and your belonging in the company.
It's not what a human being should to be exposed to in this type of environment. It's not healthy.
This type of behaviour I've noticed is displayed in all departments by management when dealing with them. I was shocked!
Anyways...I'm much happier now and my well being is stronger after leaving.
Pros
made great friends and learned a lot new things
Cons
very poor company culture and management
Always fighting between day shift and night shift
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 November 2018
Management is not really good , it is just buddy and buddy only. Work hard and get the job done . They don't pad on your back , but if you make a small mistake they write you up .
Poor culture, work environment and management
Drafting/Engineering office (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 October 2018
If you enjoy being bullied (physically/mentally) by managers, not trusted, not able to speak your mind, being controlled, no mentor/leadership...then this is the place for you. HR dept. is a joke when I made a formal complaint on being physically bullied. They did nothing and that person became apart as my management superiors. It seems this type of behaviour is acceptable with no repercussions whats so ever. Being mentally bullied by another manager which had a VP representative position of the company, I was told I could not do anything about it as in fighting back and keeping my dignity and reputation in tacked. My self esteem and confidence suffered. It seems bullies there are recognized as "Leaders" which is unacceptable especially in this day and age...but this company seems to embrace it!!
Pros
made great friends and learned a lot new things
Cons
poor poor management and culture
Average
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 August 2018
Management not so good when i worked there. Pay was good but management could have been better. Always favoured guys over other employees and let them slack off
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Just a number
Welder (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB20 July 2018
Supervisors don’t tell you nothing no communication with anyone. Management treats you like a number layoffs way to often no job security. The Quality Control is a joke
A very unique learning experience
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB14 July 2018
I was hired at Propak to revamp their current inventory and purchasing policies. This was something new for me at the time and it was a great learning experience.
good place to work
3D Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 June 2018
while i was at propak i was treated very well by my supervisors, management and co-workers. propak has a family feel to it. i recieved regular raises and bonuses for good job performance
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB19 April 2018
Every day I learned something in my jorneyman and leadman like grinding, welding, torquing, use deffirent kind of overhead crane, pipefitting and much more.
Productive, Safe enviroment enforced policies
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 January 2018
Load and unload trucks, deliver material to differnt shops, follow safety protocols. Warehouse Materiall ook after may products. do bill of lading, communitcate with other foremans.
Awarage workplace.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
The work environment most of time was not that great. The communication between the employees was at the minimum that's why some time work was done with error.
Good Christmas party
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  226 Eastlake Blv Airdrie Alta17 November 2017
It was a good place to work at. I like the 4-10 hours shifts that they had.Good safe program. not knowing what your job is from day to day.working with good people
Pros
good benifits
Cons
never knowing when your layed off
Great co-workers, poorly managed
Welder (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 November 2017
A sometimes frustrating place to work. People on the floor are generally really good to work with. Tends to be a bit of a old boys clubs, not many fresh ideas or concepts. A lot of the Management has been there way too long and are working WAY outside of their ability / skill set.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible management
Very good job experience
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB10 October 2017
A typical day at work was always busy. The hardest part of the job is when I do 3 different kinds of positions in a day. The enjoyable part is when we finish the final coating of painting.
Pros
Friendly people, no pressure
Cons
3 different kinds of positions a day
Good Family oriented company
Mechanical Checker (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 October 2017
I worked for Propak for 11 years in total, they were always supportive and a good family oriented company to work for, as all companies now days they are having lack of work in the market issues, Nice people good friends made over the years, hopefully things will pickup and possibly would return to work there if offered work.
Pros
Generally Nice people to work for and with.
Cons
A bit disjointed as far as comunications
excellent place to work with a great team work.
Pipe Stress Lead/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 September 2017
- meeting schedule and deliverable, majority of employee are very nice and with professional ethics.

- learned to be flexible and firm on decision making.
- great management approach
- the hardest part of the job is not meeting schedule
- meeting deliverable ahead of time
Pros
free coffee, and lunch and learn.
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Propak Systems Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Propak Systems Ltd. Reviews by Location