Promark-Telecon

Promark-Telecon Management reviews

Canada32 reviews
- hard work is not rewarded appropriately with respect to years of experience
- minimal room for promotion after 5 years

- field supervisors are lead by management staff from Toronto/Montreal
- a front seat of a vehicle becomes a very uncomfortable place as an office
- field supervisors are continuously suspicious of their subordinates and in general practice a 'I know it all' attitude.

- the expected (the quota number is a sham) completed workload is not reflective of the salary

- there have been improvements with infield support but still have a long way to go

- reasonable amount of responsibility without any authority

- a whole lot of brown-nosing / gossip goes on between supervisors, lead hands and a select few.

- great job if you like puzzle, work by yourself and have minimal work experience/ a high school education/general college degree

- locating is actually an enjoyable job, and would go back to locating again.
Pros
vehicle, benefits, make your own hours
Cons
too many to list unfortunately
Il vous font croire a du 22$ et + en restant vague mais après plusieurs questions on te dis de la fermer et que tu va voir en te disant que CA va être correct. A la première paie tu fais le saut 15$/h et pas toutes tes heures en plus. Faut que tu cour mais ne fais pas d'erreur car tu va être dans le pétrin car quand ils vont creuser et qui brisent quelque choses tu va être responsable. C'est correct pour des étudiants JEUNES qui veulent travailler mais esperer pas d'avenir la et c'est saisonnier.
Promark was bought by Telecon, and now Corporate level dealings are happening to change the company from nice local company, to major corporate level, and moving office out of Ottawa area. Would not suggest working there.
j'ai fait le travail de localisateur un été c'était une belle job en attendant mais les salaires pour les responsabilités que tu a la charge de travail et le stress n'en valent pas vraiment la peine et manque de gestion dans certains secteurs mais comme job temporaire si tu est quelqu'un de débrouillard autonome sa pourrait être quelques chose d'interessant
They do not care about how hard you work for them and seniority does not matter in any position. They do not value their employees and management in certain departments doesn’t even speak to certain employees. They do not defend the employees against clientele abuse and office bullying. Very unprofessional establishment where one employee can be late every day and nothing is done about it Work is not divided fairly and and there are disputes about work in the office childish behaviour at some points in the supervision and the pay isn’t worth the head ache they never tell employees that there is a lay off process til almost Christmas and then lay you off without notice b
Management is abusive . Will call you to yell at you for doing exactly what you have been told to do , the training is inadequate, no work life balance , the pay is absolutely trash . Avoid working for this hellish company as much as you possibly can . You'll never get what you are promised .
Pros
Own vehicle, company phone
Cons
Management, pay, attitude from others within the company, lack of proper training to do job, encouraged to put up with harassment from contractors
Expectations are high. Work moral is low. Management needs to be more supportive. Hardest part of the job is working in extreme weather situations. Hours are good.
They bought a 25 year old locating company and ruined it within 8 months.

They refuse to pay people what they are worth, promote people who shouldn’t be, demand you work yourself to death, send out harassing emails when quotas are not met, refuse to hire the proper amount of personnel for areas.

They have ruined their reputation with every utility company and contractor in Alberta and blame the locators for it all.

Stay away from this company
Absolutely the worst job I've ever had. They tell you anything to get you in then lie about what your job is. Management totally ignores you, and they don't care what you do Stay away from this company at all cost.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Too many to list
Used an abused is the name of Telecon's game. Failure upwards is prevalent within the company. Illegal use of non prescription drugs is prevalent with employees who cover for each other. If you have no education and no hopes and dreams. This will definitely be the job for you. As employees learn the games they focus on working around their daily work tasks as opposed to completing work in a normal fashion. Ruins ones work ethic. Lack of ambition is rewarded.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Promark-Telecon?
This place will hire anyone, I didn't even provide a resume!!
Lacking, unprofessional and disorganized training means it's super easy to get in and make some fast cash.

I got tricked into accepting a locator job when really I was just part of a cheap labour crew for Bell but they won't tell you that even if you ask.

Management is aware they are missing the mark with new hires but continue to lie; it's disappointing.

Work season lasts max 8 months then you are laid off. Union dues are $75/month with a $700 joining fee.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Nepotism, long hours, unfulfilled promises
Travail exigeant et contraignant. Promark ne sait pas créer une culture d'entreprise propre à maintenir la motivation de ses employés. Entreprise qui demande beaucoup, mais offre peu en retour.
Pros
autonomie
Cons
beaucoup de contraintes et peu de soutien.
I see a few negative posts concerning Promark a did like to squash some these comments.
$5 says they’re from competitors or spiteful past employees.

FIRSTLY, LOCATING IS LOCATING and I will not repeat that. We all know what it takes to work within the locating industry; contractors hate us and lots of work.

You see, if we all just carried outselves a bit better than we currently are I promise you that your outlook on locating will change incredibly.

Look to have POSITIVE and HONEST relationships with contractors, management and coworkers.
They’re all WILLING to work with you, just don’t be that d bag locator we all F N hate; starting work at 11am, never answering emails or phone calls, never completing projects and only doing single address tickets. That type of locator ruins it for everyone else.

Stop cutting corners because odds are you’re being paid too much already for the type of B*S you add into the workplaces.
Pros
Union, hands off management, incentive
Cons
Long hours, everyone is a drama queen
Start the morning by reading the work load in my queue and determining which tickets (ie work request) is overdue and which is urgent or have special request attached to them.

I have learned to read detailed and complicated plans for a variety of sources. I have determined how to trouble shoot and when false readings or poor data is interfering with my work.

Management is very hands off for those who are experienced, currently I only speak with my supervisor one or twice a week. More often then not it is too confirm suspicions about rogue signals or affirm certain procedures.

The workplace culture is rather toxic. Individuals work alone with little or no teamwork or interaction . There is a rather cumbersome bonus procedure which makes some cut corners or do only easy jobs leaving the difficult or large jobs to those employees who are honest. Also management is re active rather than proactive addresses problems or issues only after several incidents and refusing to listen to advice of their employees.

The hardest part of the job would be a lack or respect from certain contractors. We are one of the most important persons on a construction site but many don't give us the respect we deserve. Some of the more hands on contractors know how difficult our job is and do their best to make our work easier by making smaller work areas or giving proper notice for the job to be completed

The most enjoyable part of the job is being hands on and the investigation portion that is sometimes required in more complicated tickets. I do enjoy working outdoors for 9 months
 - more...
Pros
Free Car, Free Phone
Cons
Toxic work enviroment, no team spirit
Bonne entreprise en développement continue, emploiyer super . Environnement de travail adéquat par moment
My day consists of driving from location to location completing utility locates for various contractors. Some jobs can take 10 minutes and some jobs can take a week.

I'm by myself for the whole day. If there is an issue that I am unable to resolve then I will call someone to help me.

Management is horrible. The office is poorly run. My concerns were constantly ignored. Emails ignored etc.They pick and chose who they oblige. They flip flop on standards. Preferential treatment is given to new employees over people like me who have been with the company for a decade.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with inept and over zealous contractors. They often ask for more than what they actually need which results in locators having to do way more work than is necessary. Contractors also like to call in gigantic jobs and expect it to be completed in a ridiculously short amount of time. Contractors act as if they are the only people to which we have jobs for. This job is stressful an demanding. This is the reason behind such a high turn over rate.
Pros
Atonomy, Benefits
Cons
Management. Contractors
this company forces the concept of safety down the employees throat yet the company offers an incentive for efficiency based on piece-work. This is counter-intuitive to the concept of safety. Management are liars and swindlers. BE SURE TO GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING.
Pros
unionized
Cons
your integrity as a human being will be questioned
Stay far away from this company. They will steal money from you, the Supervisors are useless and will not assist you when you need help. The training is a four week waste of time as you are just pounded with information that is mostly useless, then you are thrown out into the field with little to no help and not enough equipment to do the job. The only, ONLY good thing about working here is the Union.

If you are looking for a Utility Locating career, the best place to start is QX (Aecon).
Pros
Local 183 Union
Cons
Promark - Telecon Inc.
Flexible hours with over-time almost always available.
Unionized with full benefits.

Vehicle, gas, cell-phone, computer all provided for.

Management is very friendly and understanding.
Often working by yourself leading to less stress at work.

Training process is very thorough and paid for.
the work place is very unorganized,no one seems to care to fix things or to make things better. Management is very unprofessional and they do not care about the employee's we are all just a number. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the politics that goes on a daily basis and how management deals with the problems that arise. There really isn't an enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too many to list