Promark-Telecon Employee Reviews

Conditions de travail exigeantes, pas de sécurité d'emploi, peu d'avantages, salaire moyen, difficulté à conserver sa motivation dans un tel contexte.
Localisateur de réseau souterrain (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC17 May 2018
Travail exigeant et contraignant. Promark ne sait pas créer une culture d'entreprise propre à maintenir la motivation de ses employés. Entreprise qui demande beaucoup, mais offre peu en retour.
Pros
autonomie
Cons
beaucoup de contraintes et peu de soutien.
Hands off management and great work culture
Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga11 March 2018
I see a few negative posts concerning Promark a did like to squash some these comments.
$5 says they’re from competitors or spiteful past employees.

FIRSTLY, LOCATING IS LOCATING and I will not repeat that. We all know what it takes to work within the locating industry; contractors hate us and lots of work.
You see, if we all just carried outselves a bit better than we currently are I promise you that your outlook on locating will change incredibly.

Look to have POSITIVE and HONEST relationships with contractors, management and coworkers.
They’re all WILLING to work with you, just don’t be that d bag locator we all F N hate; starting work at 11am, never answering emails or phone calls, never completing projects and only doing single address tickets. That type of locator ruins it for everyone else.

Stop cutting corners because odds are you’re being paid too much already for the type of B*S you add into the workplaces.
Pros
Union, hands off management, incentive
Cons
Long hours, everyone is a drama queen
fun to be around
Damage Prevention Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 December 2017
work is work. and this work is just that. if you want to work and work with people and alone then this work is for you. work is work and nothing more. when do i get paid
Environnement de travail productif
Technician localisateur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2017
Bonne entreprise en développement continue, emploiyer super . Environnement de travail adéquat par moment
Atonomy and benefits are best part of job
Damage Prevention Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto/Durham15 August 2017
My day consists of driving from location to location completing utility locates for various contractors. Some jobs can take 10 minutes and some jobs can take a week.

I'm by myself for the whole day. If there is an issue that I am unable to resolve then I will call someone to help me.

Management is horrible. The office is poorly run. My concerns were constantly ignored. Emails ignored etc.They pick and chose who they oblige. They flip flop on standards. Preferential treatment is given to new employees over people like me who have been with the company for a decade.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with inept and over zealous contractors. They often ask for more than what they actually need which results in locators having to do way more work than is necessary. Contractors also like to call in gigantic jobs and expect it to be completed in a ridiculously short amount of time. Contractors act as if they are the only people to which we have jobs for. This job is stressful an demanding. This is the reason behind such a high turn over rate.
Pros
Atonomy, Benefits
Cons
Management. Contractors
Un emplois remplis de défis
localisateur d'infrastructures sousterraines (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2017
Dans cet emplois nous rencontrons de nouveaux clients pratiquement tous les jours, l'endroit et le travaille sont toujours différents. Chaque jours, de nouveau défis à relever s'omposent.
L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste: un avancement très difficile
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste: la liberté de gérer mon propre travail à accomplir.
Pros
travaill à l'exterieur et la liberté de gérer son propre travail à accomplir
Cons
travail saisonnier
Great job
Damage Prevention Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Enjoy the job and the fact that your outside all day, not so great in the winter but awesome in the summer..

Can be tough on the brain less so on the body.
stay far far away. you can cut grass for the same wage,
DPT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
this company forces the concept of safety down the employees throat yet the company offers an incentive for efficiency based on piece-work. This is counter-intuitive to the concept of safety. Management are liars and swindlers. BE SURE TO GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING.
Pros
unionized
Cons
your integrity as a human being will be questioned
Un travail d'ou je me sentais important, porte parole, embassadeur
Localisateur (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC23 November 2016
Le travail consistait d'ëtre minutieux, coordonné et alerte à l'entourage. Vue que le travailleur était complètement autonomne sur le terrain de la ville de Gatineau, ce travail demandait une certaine volonté d'être à son potentiel maximum pour en sortir le meilleur des services tout en restant sécuritaire.

Étant embassadeur de la compagnie, j'ai appris comment gérer tout genre de situations, bien ou mal, émisent par soit les clients, les propriétaire des terrains, les con-frères de travail ainsi que l'administration (Montréal).

L'équipe en général était d'un ton d'entrepreneuriat et d'entre-aide pour facilité les tâches et objectifs à atteindre.
Pros
autonomie
Cons
manque de travail
excellent working environment.
Utility Locator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 December 2015
work unsupervised unless help is required.
trust worthy company that puts its employees first.
company vehicle,credit card, phone and laptop supplied

Want to know more about Promark-Telecon?

Ask a question
Complete Joke
Damaged Prevention Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, Canada22 April 2015
Stay far away from this company. They will steal money from you, the Supervisors are useless and will not assist you when you need help. The training is a four week waste of time as you are just pounded with information that is mostly useless, then you are thrown out into the field with little to no help and not enough equipment to do the job. The only, ONLY good thing about working here is the Union.

If you are looking for a Utility Locating career, the best place to start is QX (Aecon).
Pros
Local 183 Union
Cons
Promark - Telecon Inc.
Promark-Telecon is an excellent company to work for.
Damage Prevention Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2015
Flexible hours with over-time almost always available.
Unionized with full benefits.
Vehicle, gas, cell-phone, computer all provided for.
Management is very friendly and understanding.
Often working by yourself leading to less stress at work.
Training process is very thorough and paid for.
very unorganized company
Administrative/Finance Clerk/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Markham On23 September 2014
the work place is very unorganized,no one seems to care to fix things or to make things better. Management is very unprofessional and they do not care about the employee's we are all just a number. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the politics that goes on a daily basis and how management deals with the problems that arise. There really isn't an enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too many to list