Progressive Intercultural Community Services Society Employee Reviews

You need to know how to please yourt supervisor
Program Coordinator and Job Developer/Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2018
Supervisor only gives you commands but not gets / hear your opinion. Only protect the staff they like even though that staff is in breach of Code of Ethics. .
Fun and Enjoyable
Volunteer/Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC18 December 2017
While I only taught here temporarily as part of a practicum and to cover for a vacation it was greatly enjoyable and a lot of fun. The staff are wonderful and very supportive.
Great Summer Position!
Tech Expert/Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 August 2017
This summer job was one of the best I've ever had, despite it not being as high paying as some of my other summer jobs.

I was one of roughly two dozen summer students hired for various positions this year, and across the board, students were trusted to carry out important and highly relevant work. In my case, as a graphics artist, I had the unique position of redefining the entire look of a major program offered at this nonprofit, which has by far been one of the most enjoyably challenging and rewarding work moments thus far in my career.

PICS also had an extremely welcoming and open atmosphere. Anytime a major company event was happening, all of us students were invited to take part and enjoy the festivities. Yet there was still a strongly productive culture-social media use was strictly limited, which kept everyone highly productive.

In general, a good summer internship position. Highly recommended.
Pros
Some free pizza lunches, very welcoming atmosphere, excellent balance between independent/team work
Cons
Minimum wage
its very nice and calm, can work at your own pace
High School student (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 October 2016
I was just volunteering there for volunteer hours towards my graduation. but I might work there once I graduate. but its a nice place to work everyone is very supporting
Productive and a fun place to work at
Coordinator (Better At Home) (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 May 2016
Friendly atmosphere and a good infrastructure. Management is really understanding and nice. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to see new people and main thing is you get to serve the community and help elderly.
Fun place to work
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 November 2015
I learned so many things at this workplace but unfortunately it was a contract position and it finally came to an end. The management was very supportive and that was the main reason why all the staff loved working there.
Pros
It was great to help students succeed in learning English.
Cons
Contract position which came to an end because of the lack of funding
high statisfaction working there, serving the community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2015
working at a non-profit organization was a very special opportunity.
had very friendly and reliable environment, staff and management were together at same page in regards to work and social growth.
Pros
staff get togethers, opportunity grow in job
Cons
job was depending on funding from government