PROGRESSA

PROGRESSA Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Good management. Great opportunity for growth and learning.

Exciting career as most individuals are young and looking to advance their careers as well. Lots of collaborative work and efforts.
As one of the Co-Founders at Progressa, we dedicated ourselves to ensure every employee left the office feeling as if they were making a difference in Canadian's lives. We wanted a fun environment where our staff could learn each day and acquire various skills to further their careers.
enjoyed coming to work everyday and working with caring, engaging, collaborative people who were genuine. Exceptional work culture and a true team empowerment environment.
Leadership team needs to clearly define strategic goals and strategy. THere is a mismatch between what needs to be accomplished vs. what actually is. Lack of transparency across the organization.
-Good place to learn and grow
-Fin tech company so you have to catch the fast base environment

-Targets should be met on time

-Incentives, free lunches
WORK WORK AND WORK
very much stressful with little or no training required

lack of communication between managers and employees.

Team lead is very helpful and respectable I would say.
I have been working at Progressa full-time for less than a year

The company - I am quite a socially responsible person, and at 1st I was a little apprehensive about working at a lending company. I soon found out that Progressa from the top down actually care about the customers and improving their finances.

Management - There is a lot of trust and respect from management in your skillset, potential, and experience. They have really let me own my role and create what I think is best for its customers and the brand. There have been some new additions/changes can you can see that their impact is starting to have a positive effect on the business and culture within the company.

Role - I have had a lot of creative freedom with my role. Despite being a finance company, everyone that I have worked with so far are open to change and a new fresh stance. All departments support the decisions of our team and that we are making the best brand decisions.

Culture - Since I have been here, I have noticed there has been a huge push and effort from the new People & Culture team to significantly grow a positive culture. There are free snacks, free coffee, comfy couch areas, and monthly fun events. The environment is friendly and I've settled in very well here.
Pros
Work life harmony, the team, the vision, the work load
Cons
Lean and fast paced at times.
Job work/life balance is not there. Any time off requested due to any family emergency. It will be held against you secretly.

Salary/Benefits. Horrible. Never pay you enough to meet the market and or give you increase always have excuse

Job Security/Advancements none. They will find a replacement for you and replace you. Will not give you any reason and also will not let you know. Any day there can be your last. Advancements none to begin with. Would not promote from with in. Do not have channels created that will allow you success in this company.

Management - Horrible, Honestly they think they are running collection agency instead of reputable financial company. Never in sync with other management, Always say one thing and then do something else. Bribing there employees with secret gift cards is a norm. Just so they dont go further with the concern on hand. Very untrustworthy.

Job Culture - hostile environment, No room to breath, You get penalized to do your job and you get penalized to use washrooms. Some people there were afraid of loosing there jobs and did not even take desperate washroom breaks until they had break time.
Pros
Free lunch at the end of the month Thats about it sadly
Cons
Horrible, Dishonest, users, abusers, back stabbers, this can go on and on and on.
Progressa is a wonderful place to work and I would recommend to anyone looking for a job in FinTech. They truly strive to reward their employees and show their appreciation.
Company's culture and employee morale are at the lowest they can be . People are leaving there the first opportunity they get . New management came in and ever since then all the team leaders either quit or resigned. Never seen employee turnover this high at any previous company I have worked for . Avoid at all costs
Pros
Free lunches (that's basically it)
Cons
Culture, morale, turnover
Even in my minimal time working here (8months) I felt that the work atmosphere was so friendly and fun. Always having contest and raffles, team building events and holiday celebrations. They encourage a fun environment. The people who work here too are also so nice and friendly. Management is mostly aproachable, except a new edition, but everyone knows that so otheramagement is helpful. And lots of room for growth! Everyone around me is getting promoted all the time! That’s the best part of a startup. Anyway I’ve really loved working here and will truly miss all the fantastic people I’ve met.
Pros
Paid breaks, pizza lunches monthly, proven room for growth
Cons: unprofessional, underhanded bullying, racial and ethnic cliques behaviour, preferential treatment( people who don't do half of what certain others do or even know half, tend to get a way with a lot), women's and men's club, manipulative and toxic behaviour by certain employees ( certain employees pretend to have the best intentions for an employee but they influence management to think otherwise of certain employees to trap them), certain execs have huge egos and try to insult the few employees they feel threatened by.This was pathetic and disgraceful to observe.) High turnover.

Pros: Good business and partners, theoretically the company has good intentions for the culture, but it is not in practice
Selling point of being paid less than previous job was that OT is welcome. After a month, they stopped people from doing OT unless approved (which is very rare). CFO is very greedy, horrible management.
Pros
8-hour shifts, paid break
Cons
Upper Management