Professional Warehouse Demonstrations

Professional Warehouse Demonstrations Employee Reviews for Demonstrator

A way to know multicultural Toronto with amazing insight
It's easy - if you just keep sample in front of you to pick - people will anyway pick ...but if you want to do it professionally - its a big ask to get used to a product - its pros and cons and highlight to create a positive impact on people ...
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
basic pay, low work hour
Company no longer exists
PWD has lost it's contract with Costco, however it has been replaced with CDS, (Club Demonstration Services.) The company can vary depending on the management. If it's good, the employees will be happy, if not, it's a miserable place to be.
A great job
It is great first a job. it has very flexible hours and good people to work with as well. this is a great job for students in college.it is very quick and easy to learn
Pros
free lunches
PWD was replaced by CDS
Very militaristic, officious supervisors, not much room for advancement, low pay
All the troops get their eqiupment and demo products then the supervisor approves them and sends them to their stations.

You learn much about humanity and how to effectively deal with people

Many product demonstrators are dissatisfied with their working environment and lack of appreciation.

Freedom to express your ideas to market the demoed product is the most enjoyable part of the job
demonstrator
easy job fun withouth stress. you can get to know about alot of product and you can demonstrate and sell alot. i really enjoyed working there. good hours.
Unproductive
Racism, favoritism to the employees, I experienced before the manager always yelled in front of the customers, lack of respect.
I was not happy working with them. sometimes the manager sneaked what are doing.
Pros
nothing to say cuz no considerate
Cons
always lack of hours.
This company was very flexible and very inclusive in its hiring process
I enjoyed my co workers, being of a multi ethnic group. The management was always fair in treatment of workers. At the end of the day I didn't stress.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Business moved to a bad area
No lounge
Meeting the people first hand on your working team.
Learning how to handle and cook food.

Friendly workplace culture.

Also advising and helping aid people at their work stations.

Good management system.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
No break room
good friendly people
easy going
lots of talking

different kind of foods to demo

nice building to be in

sometimes could hear the birds singing

very busy during the holidays

sometimes messy demos
Professional demonstration, Flexible working hour & a beginners place in Toronto
It was a professional working place. Many new immigrants start their job and then make their way forward.

PWD used to handle demonstration to all 94 Costco stores in Canada. But from August - 2017; new partner CDS - who handles demonstration task for Costco in USA and other 6 countries - have taken over the job.

So, PWD is closed from July 31 - 2017. With closing of PWD, have decided to move for next upgraded role for me ...
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible hours
Cons
Basic pay
Hard to work there
- hard to work: all day on foot
- have to lift heavy stuff (more than 20 kg), even in the contract it was mentioned up to 10 kg.

- difficult to reach the area

- sometimes need to work next to the fridge - easy to get cold

- they can call you anytime, even you have an appointment
Pros
You get Canadian experience
Cons
No schedule, low rate
fun place to work
Company non existent as of July 30th. Was nice to be able to check off any days I needed off for appointments or holidays. It was extremely flexible. Was a great place to work.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
one break in 8 hours
fun
It was nice working there, but being alone for eight hours and standing around the table is very constricting. The management was nice, but it wasn't the right job for me.
Productive space of work
Good space of work,I meet new people every day.some times i had conversations with clients they seen nice and cool its a good place to work if you are at scholl and need time to study and work at same time
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
30 minutes break
People are amazing, it is just hard to take a vacation during holiday seasons.
Standing all day does hurt the feet, so good footwear in encouraged, they should put in a back safety program so the workers don't put their backs out. I ended up with back issues Form limiting small appliances.
The people you work with.
As with most jobs, the hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job involve people. My coworkers are among some of the friendliest and interesting people I have known. The management team does their best to keep attitudes healthy and positive. I have proven myself a reliable employee and have been acknowledged for my contributions.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Inconsistent hours
enjoyed learning new ways of cooking and serving vendor products
-looked on board to find out what product to demonstrate
-collected items needed for table set up, preparing, demonstrating and serving of product to members

-informing members about product, preparation,ingredients,value and where item being demonstrated was in store.
Pros
team mates, continuous learning and interacting with customers.
Cons
standing in place and pressure to exceed sales targets
Very great working environment
Great place to work and very neat and tidy. The management was very cooperative and very informative job. The most enjoyable part was to meet different people and talk to different people.
Friendly Group to work with
Come in wearing the necessary uniform, clock in, gather necessary equipment/gear (depends on what product you will be demonstrating) and grab the product you need. Once you set up, memorize the product information and prep the demonstration. It's a great deal of fun to talk to customers about the product and speak to fellow staff as well...plus you can sample their food too!

Staff were very helpful and extremely kind. Some funny characters are there too, so beware!
Horrible management
Our new management is horrible. Don't work at 50th street. You will have to stay late and not get paid.
Love my co-works. She has Double standard. comes to check on her days off . Too many paper work to do
Pros
Love co works
Cons
Staying late and not getting paid
Demonstrator of various products who gave out samples and attempted to sell.
The job involves employees being assigned a different product each shift. The employee had to give assigned samples to members of Costco and had to sell the product to employees. This entailed highlighting benefits of the product and how members can make use of the product.

Throughout the job, I learned how to better handle food (through Safety and Sanitation precautions) and I also learned how to be a better salesperson.

The most enjoyable parts of the job involved engaging with members and selling them a variety of products. The people I work with are usually very nice.

The hardest parts of the job involved standing for long periods of time and constantly having to talk about a product to as many people as I could. While selling is enjoyable, it gets incredibly tiring having to stand for a long time and constantly talk. We also only get one thirty-minute break in an entire 8 hour shift.
Pros
Members are usually nice, products are often really good.
Cons
Long hours, tiring job, punishing on the legs and throat
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Warehouse Demonstrations. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9