Professional Warehouse Demonstrations

Professional Warehouse Demonstrations Employee Reviews

Awesome Place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 August 2019
They take care of their employees and provide many opportunities for advancement. They are very good at recognizing hard work and showing appreciation for it.
Professional Warehouse Demonstration
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB30 January 2019
• Was able to adapt to a changing environment having learned about a wide variety of products that ranged from food to home care and personal care items.
• Ensured food products were kept and handled in compliance to proper food safety standards, also keeping work area clean and sanitized.
• Proactively engaged with customers to gather information to provide critical feedback about the product and customers’ response.
long hours standing in one spot and dealing with 1500 customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC28 November 2018
good job if you enjoy standing and greeting customers, the cooking and serving of the food can be dificult at times, in general a decent job for a senior looking for part time to supplement a pension.
Pros
only a coupel of days a week, 3 at most
Cons
hours are long standing in one spot, no benefits or rewards for performance
A great job
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
It is great first a job. it has very flexible hours and good people to work with as well. this is a great job for students in college.it is very quick and easy to learn
Pros
free lunches
Cons
A way to know multicultural Toronto with amazing insight
Professional Warehouse Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 October 2018
It's easy - if you just keep sample in front of you to pick - people will anyway pick ...but if you want to do it professionally - its a big ask to get used to a product - its pros and cons and highlight to create a positive impact on people ...
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
basic pay, low work hour
productive, positive environment
Food Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC10 October 2018
General administration, answering phones, screening calls, recording donations, minute taking, drafting letters, drafting agendas, travel arrangements. Positive environment; Managers are human.

The hardest part of the job was ignoring office politics.

The most enjoyable part of the job was presenting my finished work to my boss.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
High expectations. Stress involved at times.
Was tough but a good temporary job.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 August 2018
You need to stand on your feet for 7 hours straight because of which most people don't even make it to a month doing this job. There were a lot of politics going on between everyone and if you don't like drama and gossip you might want to move on. However, there are a lot of people working there who are amazing and make the job worth it.
free samples yummy
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 July 2018
this job is easy going you get to work independently and try new products you don't really need to interact with customers unless they ask you questions
Great company
Food Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 July 2018
Seen as though PWD is a part of the Costco company, Costco warehouse was my environment. It was great and fast-paced filled with amazing employees who always bring positive attitudes to work.
PWD was replaced by CDS
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB8 March 2018
Very militaristic, officious supervisors, not much room for advancement, low pay
All the troops get their eqiupment and demo products then the supervisor approves them and sends them to their stations.
You learn much about humanity and how to effectively deal with people
Many product demonstrators are dissatisfied with their working environment and lack of appreciation.
Freedom to express your ideas to market the demoed product is the most enjoyable part of the job
fun for communicating costumer and challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
I am enjoying to work to this company its challenging I can meet different kinds of nationality.Ilearned a lot like how to control or maximize for buying products for demoing food in a day. The management not bad everybody has a teamwork.The work place is a little small for having a small meeting for everybody or has an occasion.My hardest part is when I promoted as a supervisor some other employees are not listening what I'm doing to do them some are stubborn.And my enjoyable part of my job is when I start working recording some temperatures buying some products for demoing to my staff recording their payrol and most all we have a teamwork on this company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
7.5 hrs
demonstrator
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 January 2018
easy job fun withouth stress. you can get to know about alot of product and you can demonstrate and sell alot. i really enjoyed working there. good hours.
Bad Job
PWD (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 January 2018
Very hard work for little pay. The company does not care about you at all and the environment was bad. The customers are very rude and ridiculous. I did not enjoy working here.
Very relax and good place to work
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2017
on a daily basis am responsible for the creation, integration of invoices into our Microsoft dynamic Great Plains Accounting System, email and mailing of over 200 invoices, creates and maintain clients info in our data base, also help to resolve any client billing related issues, supports accounts receivable specialists with the recording of cheque payments and applying it against invoices.

The hardest part of the job, would be not able to always give a client everything that they wishes, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be able to help someone, and known that they are happy,with the resolute and that i have done everything possible to make it happened.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Not able to grow within the company.
Unproductive
Product Warehouse Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2017
Racism, favoritism to the employees, I experienced before the manager always yelled in front of the customers, lack of respect.
I was not happy working with them. sometimes the manager sneaked what are doing.
Pros
nothing to say cuz no considerate
Cons
always lack of hours.
Stress
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2017
Prepare to stand in place for 8 hours repeating the same information over and over again, with only one half-hour break at random. Everything is extremely scheduled; hours are straight forward, cut into two groups (Ex, A:1030am to 630pm, B:11am to 7pm Mon-Fri), if you can't make it within the first hour for whatever reason, don't bother, you're day will not be rescheduled to make your shift and you will have lost your whole pay for that day. Members are extremely rude to the employees, and Costco/Costco employees take no consideration to the demonstrators jobs or safety(One day I was working a double cold foods demo that needed to stay below 4 degrees for health and safety purposes, we were out of coolers so I needed to keep my products in the large freezer. Costco employees left the door open all day and my meats were room temperature, I couldn't start my demo for hours as I tried to keep my products cooled down. Not to mention they left our ice packs out of the fridge over night so no one doing their cold food demos had ice packs which are essential. Then they packed the freezer full of canoes(no idea why), the floor is coated in ice, and they moved all of our stuff to the back so we all had to try very hard to not slip and break our necks in an avalanche of small boats) Zero benefits are included in working there, initial pay is only slightly higher than minimum wage, with an increase every 600 hours or so. It's a full-time job, everyone gets about 4-5 shifts a week, until there are random cuts needed to be made and you become stuck with 2. Only good part really is your co-workers,  more... who can be really fun to talk to and you all share a common hatred for your jobs, the members, and Costco.
Have Fun.
And be nice to your local demonstrators, they go through a lot of mental and physical strain to give you the free stuff you don't deserve.
Pros
The friends you make with the people that you work with.
Cons
Everything else, it's terrible.
Second job in Canada
Demo Specialist (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2017
No pressure at this place. Easy job . Manager was very cooperative , easy going . Associates were very friendly. Timings were very good. Choice was given regarding the hours to work.
Pwd
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB22 September 2017
This workplace was very good. Although they need to take a closer look at their employees as most of them do not follow the guidelines and are not trained enough.
This company was very flexible and very inclusive in its hiring process
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2017
I enjoyed my co workers, being of a multi ethnic group. The management was always fair in treatment of workers. At the end of the day I didn't stress.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Business moved to a bad area
No lounge
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON7 September 2017
Meeting the people first hand on your working team.
Learning how to handle and cook food.
Friendly workplace culture.
Also advising and helping aid people at their work stations.
Good management system.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
No break room