Prodigy Education

Prodigy Education Management reviews

Clear

Amazingly good place to work

As stated in the summary, Prodigy is an amazingly good place to work. Every employee is given an opportunity to direct his career towards what he loves doing. It's a great place to gain Agile experience. Management do an incredible job trying to keep employees happy and are constantly striving to improve processes, soliciting honest feedback. The company culture at Prodigy is fantastic, with a lot of people that work hard but know how to have fun. The company parties are amazing! The hardest part of the job is arguably making sure I don't work too hard, as I love what I'm doing and I often don't want to go home. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what I love doing. It's definitely the best job I've ever had.

Pros

Free lunches, multiple video-game systems, ping-pong tournaments, excellent company parties and events, relaxed atmosphere, opportunities for growth and career development, decent benefits.

Cons

Occasionally stressful, can end up working long hours at crunch time.

Best company I have worked with!

• fun, open and creative work environment • working with many interesting and effective people • great transparency and progressive attitude • great internal review process, company is always adapting to feedback from all angles • great perks (ping pong, video games, snacks, events, etc.) • benefits and clear/consistent advancement schemes

Pros

creative, progressive, engaged management, transparent, games/perks, flexible hours, company shares

A company/product you can stand behind

Prodigy has proven to provide a fun and inclusive culture, where learning is encouraged, and your input is welcomed. It offers a great comp. package, flex hours, and a great working environment. Management has been very open to suggestions, reasonable with my inquiries/requests, and are people who nurture development. The employees here all come with their own diverse background, so that allows for opportunity to gain some new perspectives, and be an individual (at the same time, be a part of a great cause). The job is straight forward. I was aware of my responsibilities before I signed up, and haven't encountered anything out of the ordinary. Everyone I've met internally has been very supportive, and it makes for a very positive work environment.

Pros

Great compensation, great culture, amazing product you can be proud to be a part of

Cons

bi-weekly pay

For those who are driven, passionate and eager to succeed - Prodigy is for you!

I have worked in both corporate and studio environments in the past, and by a landslide Prodigy is my favorite job to this date. The people are great, and management genuinely cares about your success and progress. Prodigy is a startup, which means finding great people to grow with the company is crucial. One of the things that really stands out here is the commitment of everyone to succeed. Everyone works to their full potential and although not necessarily outright demanded, but working overtime and pushing yourself to the limit is the unspoken standard here. The workplace is relaxed, positive, and the projects are ambitious, but it is not a place for someone who simply wants a 9-5 to just get through the day and leave. Everyone here is passionate about what they do. Management works hard to make sure opportunities to succeed are available, and raises and bonuses are fair. Be warned: lots of processes and not for the faint of heart.

Pros

bi-weekly pizza day, ping pong, snacks, juice, coffee/tea, summer/winter parties

Cons

overtime, growing pains

Huge opportunity to own projects and designs

The type of work I do depends on what phase of development we are in. Time can be spent emailing the manufacturers in China or the Designers in England, or Designing and prototyping new toy designs in house. A lot of research goes into every decision made so a lot of reading and phone discussions are required while trying to source where the correct information could come from. I work directly with the Co-CEO who is very open to suggestions but can have strong executive decisions on product direction. Co-workers are energetic and amusing, and can get very competitive in our daily Super Smash Bros (Wii U) matches during lunch. The hardest part of the job could be that I have to tread lightly in deep waters in an established industry were I don't have real prior experience in. Considering that this role encompasses the role of a whole supply chain, this can result in me working long hours to make up for the lack of staff so that we can remain on schedule and on budget. The most enjoyable part of this job includes prototyping toys that might affect millions of kids that will hopefully further engage them in the educational content found in the game. Having full ownership of the latest project is quite rewarding as well.

Pros

Super Smash Bros during breaks, Huge opportunities to grow, Own projects, Free pizza at the end of the month.

Cons

Given that it is a start-up there's a lot of work to be done, resulting in the flex hours turning into long hours, which is probably why you are reading this, because you are looking for a job at SMARTeacher!

A happy and passionate team that believes in it's product!

Working at Prodigy has been a great experience for me. It has given me the ability to learn and grow as a valued team member and contribute to a project that I really believe in. Co-workers and Management are all friendly and dedicated to bringing our skills together to develop and improve upon our game constantly. There's always alot to be working on but it's rewarding to see your work improving the game in such a short amount of time. Prodigy is a great company to work for and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Pros

Friendly Work Environment, Company lunches and events, Fitness & Education benefits

Cons

Occasional Late nights/early mornings

Jobs at Prodigy Education