Prodigy Education

Prodigy Education Culture reviews

Clear

Productive and Fun workplace!

Great workplace, good culture, noble cause, and amazing benefits. WFH under the circumstances, but entire company was able to as well, and maintain operations.

Honestly the best place I have worked.

You are working for a company with a great mission, and given lots of support to grow and expand in your career path. Super fun and just an awesome place to work.

Pros

Company Lunches, Games, Awesome Community

Amazingly good place to work

As stated in the summary, Prodigy is an amazingly good place to work. Every employee is given an opportunity to direct his career towards what he loves doing. It's a great place to gain Agile experience. Management do an incredible job trying to keep employees happy and are constantly striving to improve processes, soliciting honest feedback. The company culture at Prodigy is fantastic, with a lot of people that work hard but know how to have fun. The company parties are amazing! The hardest part of the job is arguably making sure I don't work too hard, as I love what I'm doing and I often don't want to go home. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what I love doing. It's definitely the best job I've ever had.

Pros

Free lunches, multiple video-game systems, ping-pong tournaments, excellent company parties and events, relaxed atmosphere, opportunities for growth and career development, decent benefits.

Cons

Occasionally stressful, can end up working long hours at crunch time.

A company/product you can stand behind

Prodigy has proven to provide a fun and inclusive culture, where learning is encouraged, and your input is welcomed. It offers a great comp. package, flex hours, and a great working environment. Management has been very open to suggestions, reasonable with my inquiries/requests, and are people who nurture development. The employees here all come with their own diverse background, so that allows for opportunity to gain some new perspectives, and be an individual (at the same time, be a part of a great cause). The job is straight forward. I was aware of my responsibilities before I signed up, and haven't encountered anything out of the ordinary. Everyone I've met internally has been very supportive, and it makes for a very positive work environment.

Pros

Great compensation, great culture, amazing product you can be proud to be a part of

Cons

bi-weekly pay

A good company to work for

I am working for prodigy. I love work here, there are some reasons: 1. very open environment 2. managers are patient to listen to your ideas 3. the company supports you to learn new technology, help you to find your career goals and encourage you to improve your skill, this keeps you be competitive in the market 4. team members are easy to communicate with 5. beautiful office 6. free parking 7. close to a shopping mall and bus stop 8. the game is educational, if you have kids, your kid will love to play with it.

Pros

free pizza/lunch when we have all-hands meeting, gifts with company logo and etc

As good as it gets

I've had many jobs in many different fields, this one trumps them all. Colleagues and CEOs are supportive, helpful and encouraging. Personal and professional growth are strongly encouraged. Health (Gym/Fitness) and Professional Development is encouraged and funding is provided to support both. While the work environment is laid back, everyone is dedicated and works passionately toward what is an extremely rewarding goal, spreading the love of math. The culture here may be the best part, work hard, play hard and the laughs we have in spades. Contributions and suggestions for the game/website and the workplace environment are always welcome and open for discussion. You will feel welcome and appreciated. While at times hours can be long, they are very flexible and the benefits are clear to be seen when you view, on numerous screens throughout the office, that students around the world have answered millions of math questions on that day alone. As someone with a teaching background, this is something that I couldn't hope to achieve in a lifetime dedicated to the classroom. If you want to work at a place where you can grow alongside the company, have a huge amount of input into the product, and be secure in the knowledge that what you do on a day to day basis is having a huge impact, look no further, this is the place you want to work.

Pros

Professional Growth, input into the product, rewarding, fun, laid back, flexible work hours

Cons

Occasional longer work hours

Huge opportunity to own projects and designs

The type of work I do depends on what phase of development we are in. Time can be spent emailing the manufacturers in China or the Designers in England, or Designing and prototyping new toy designs in house. A lot of research goes into every decision made so a lot of reading and phone discussions are required while trying to source where the correct information could come from. I work directly with the Co-CEO who is very open to suggestions but can have strong executive decisions on product direction. Co-workers are energetic and amusing, and can get very competitive in our daily Super Smash Bros (Wii U) matches during lunch. The hardest part of the job could be that I have to tread lightly in deep waters in an established industry were I don't have real prior experience in. Considering that this role encompasses the role of a whole supply chain, this can result in me working long hours to make up for the lack of staff so that we can remain on schedule and on budget. The most enjoyable part of this job includes prototyping toys that might affect millions of kids that will hopefully further engage them in the educational content found in the game. Having full ownership of the latest project is quite rewarding as well.

Pros

Super Smash Bros during breaks, Huge opportunities to grow, Own projects, Free pizza at the end of the month.

Cons

Given that it is a start-up there's a lot of work to be done, resulting in the flex hours turning into long hours, which is probably why you are reading this, because you are looking for a job at SMARTeacher!

Jobs at Prodigy Education