Procor Employee Reviews

Upper Management needs to crack down
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 May 2019
I thought to look to see what jobs were being offered and look what procor is looking for another supervisor. This repair shop has a common denominator which explains the high turn over rate of supervisors. These 2 snakes are still there. The upper Management refuses to conduct an investigation. Anything from bullying, belittleing. I would think twice before stepping into the snake pit. Wear you stabb proof vest cuz they will stab you in the back. I can t give u any reason not to join just remember this famous line from one of those idoits screw me once I'm going to screw u twice. It's a small world just hope they r pretty.1 ---–"_^¹^
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Having to go to work and dealing with these 2 clowns
Job Security, Fun atmosphere, Safety first!
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Procor Limited21 May 2019
I have been working for Procor for 4 years. In that time I have learned so much and continue to learn and advance within the company. Having a great boss who actually listens to us is a major plus. The guys/gals I work with/for are wonderful.

I look forward to advancing my career with Procor and recommend to anyone who is looking for steady employment, Benefits and Good hours to apply and see where this company can take you!

Hardest part of the job is that it is mentally draining and can be difficult to manage life and work with young children.

Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things each and every day. Not a boring at all. I love the crew we have here!
Pros
Management, Benefits, Room for advancement, Steady Work
Cons
Training is lacking
Great Company, Motivating Staff, Clean and tidy Atmosphere
Java Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 May 2019
Great to work for, found the tasks interestings. As well learned a lot from the position. A typical day of work would be to get a cup of coffee, sit in my cubicle and plug away at solving problems for in-house applications and complete documentation on changes.
Pros
Great manager to work for, events every week, great people to work with
Cons
Gets a bit cold in the building
Great
Senior Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 February 2019
Enjoy my time working outgoing employees no issues when working respectful customers as well as employees good location well maintained at all times as well
productive workplace
INSPECTOR/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 April 2018
-steady job
-good pay
-managers have poor respect for employee's & management team
-poor work hour's for new employee's
-benefit package is decent not top notch.
Productive and with opportunities for advancement
Plant Welding Supervisor, Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 February 2018
Great working environment. Great staff and hard working employees. Procor has given myself an opportunity to learn and offers training frequently without question. can't say anything more then a great place to work.
Pros
safe place to work and treated properly
Cons
like any job... same thing everyday
Unprofessional
Journeyman Welder (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC21 September 2017
Procor North Vancouver has to be one of the worst wrok environments I have ever wroked in. The foreman there was extremely unprofessional, he continuously lied about the employees causing hostility and animosity between evryone. He would talk down to everyone and just make you feel small.
Pros
going home
Cons
being there
Hard work
Railcar Repairman (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 July 2017
heavy physical demands
Hot environment not ventilated properly
People are not optimistic
Management isn't friendly
decent pay however most employees aren't happy there
welder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
great place to work but the benefits r not that good, the pay would be good if there was overtime, the work is repetive and the majority is over head cutting and welding
Pros
job security
Cons
poor benifits
Repairman/ Brakeman
Rail Car Repairman/ Brakeman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2015
High turn over of employees, Poor management. Poor tools, nice Afternoon shift, 4 days a week 4pm-230am is great. But there is constantly a need by some disconnected talking head to mess the routine up every week. God forbid they spend a little money if they are planning to double the cars per week.Oh in the Winter months, you'll be wearing a respirator all the time. VERY poor ventilation when 5-10 people are welding
Pros
Shifts, pay scale
Cons
air quality, management, tools, respect
Poor management
NDE Technician (Current Employee) –  Lanigan, SK27 February 2015
The Job itself is good, and the things learned at Procor are valued. However overall, I find this company to be under poor management. Most of the supervisors I found to be incompetent with the simplest of tasks and incredibly lazy. They would frequently rely upon Filipinos and myself to do all the physical labor associated with all tasks at procor. I have all the more respect for a supervisor willing to also get their hands dirty if the situation calls for it.
Pros
free lunchs occassionally/ decent pay
Cons
long hours, tiresome
great company
Railcar Repair Helper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2014
great company to work. employees help each other. there is respect and no shouting.
work ethics
Rack Repair Supervisor and Regional Inspector (Current Employee) –  Javis Ont.28 July 2014
Dealing with costumers on a daily basis.
Ensuring tank cars are inspected and in good working order before being shipped out.
Making appropriate repairs to the tank cars when defects are found.
Dealing with both C.N.R and CP railroads and all shortline railroads on a regular basis.
Woking in a timely and productive manner.
Most importantly working in a safe and freindly inviroment following all procedures and guide lines with in the industry so that we may all go home to our families each and every day.
Pros
working with excellent engineers with in our organization.
Cons
To corporate heavy.
Average
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario29 October 2013
Good place to work, but ownership demands a specific profit margin, which results in staff layoffs.