Procon Group of Companies

Procon Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Safe place to work!!

I’ve been there nearly 17 years now & they have treated me very well, other than one time which was beyond their control, the main company Mosaic are the puppet masters at this site as it is their mine & we are just the contractors who normally save the mine for them when there is a water problem, as that is our specialty.

Pros

Safety & training

Cons

Lack of compassion

Great place to work as my first job!!

Great management, great go-workers. Everyone was very kind and polite and got their jobs done. Loved working here!!! I am so glad to have had the experience to work and learn with this company

Pros

Flexible shifts

Kept me busy and fair with pay rate

Overall Procon is a good company to work for. They trained me in the underground trade of welding and provided all necessary equipment, tools, and PPE for the job at hand. The pay scale is fair and the benefits are pretty good as well. From a management standpoint everything was good. The company heads worked with us employees to make sure that the staff had proper training and they provided safety incentives.Overall.... I would go back to work for Procon Mining out of Saskatoon any time.

Pros

Loa

Cons

Long work shifts

Decent company

worked minimum 10 hr days. worked on underground mining equipment; hydraulics, component replacement, overhauls, PDI new equipment. had some opportunity to go to site and work for a couple weeks at a time, with expenses paid. getting parts at a timely manner and ridiculous timelines to get certain projects done were some of the more stressful parts of the job. Safety culture is important, but some of it is overkill. decent crew to work with. some management staff are newer and were looking to make changes, took advantage of Covid-19 situation.

Fly in

Great job,but gets cold in winter,various duties thru the day,learned lots about mining and running a grader,management is great,workplace culture was good,hardest part of job was the cold in the winter but you get used to it

Excellent Company

I’ve been with procon for 2.5 years , I have to say this company is first class. They hired me as a plumber to fill a temporary role and after the position was finished they kept me and are training me for a mining position. Very fare pay. Great work , life balance. Very happy here.

Hardest part of the job was working in the mine wearing a respirator

For employee safety, it was required to wear a respirator at all times in the mine. Wearing the respirators would cause communication problems at times when completing the job but everyone knew the PPE was important for their own health and safety.

Overall it was a great experience working for Procon. Good work environment and management. Safety was always number 1 no matter yhe job

Would very much like to work for them in the industry again. Had a very good experience the whole time employed. And would recommend to anybody to work for them

trés bonne atmosphére,bonne esprit de famille

J'ai aimer travailler chez Procon malgré la fin de mon contrat.Toutfois,je demeure convaincus que mon expérience m'as appris beaucoup sur moi-même et l'entreprise d'une facon enrichissante et est prét a retourner travailler avec Procon.

Pros

camps

Cons

wifi

Amazing employer and employees

Worked on and off with Procon my entire career can’t ask for a better company. Great pay and benefits, provide training if requested to ensure growth in the company.

Pros

Great work

Cons

Long rotations

Good job, enjoyed the people

Enjoyed my time there, people were good, got to see some country, as we were working in Newfoundland/Labrador,.........................................

productive and an enjoyable place to work

my day is usually a busy day at work, the work place is very productive. nothing is hard about the job, I learn very quickly. I enjoy working in a safe environment.

Good Place to work

Good work. Good People. Not a bad place to work if you dont mind being underground all day. shift work which is nice if you dont mind being away from home.

One of the best companies to work for

Excellent management to work for and willing to help solve problems Respectful of other cultures Everyone treated equal Open door policy for all employees Provide training in various fields or will send employees on courses even if out of country courses

the food at this camp was pretty good but always the same thing no change or variety

lots of activities to keep people occupied in a remote camp beautiful scenery after work you can go and enjoy a bath in the hot springs in the middle of the winter the shack must have at least e feet of ice on the out side because of the heat from the hot spring it is really cool looking

Pros

beautiful scenery great people

Cons

lots of snow

not for me!!

head office is not a place for any andvacenment, if you are a female not for me!! only men seem to get promoted so,very very sad in this day and age

poor senior leadership

Senior leadership was not engaged in the business unit and did not have a presence with the workers. Any initiative brought fourth was met with skepticism and mistrust. Corporate did not support the business unit with resources such as project controls, estimating, HSE

Pros

Cons

lack of involvement and pack of trust

Challenging jobs -great for career growth

I learned presentation of analysis in a logical way. The projects were very challenging. The accounting records were organized and easy to assess. The hardest part of the job was the culture of the old timer employees - negative attitude that bring you down even you try to be positive.

Pros

CFO has an excellent people skill and positive personality

Cons

Long hours of work, no salary increase

Good company to work for management was great

Meet with supervisor and crew coming off shift and discuss previous shift. Set up line up for on coming shift. meet with on coming shift for safety meeting, discuss line up with supervisor. meet with mechanical supervisor and discuss equipment and prioritize repairs. Talk with management discuss scheduling. Do my rounds at the mine chat with workers and inspect work places. get line up ready for on coming crew. Safety and production go hand in hand without safety there is no production. Management was always good to get along with. work place culture was always encouraged by management. the hardest part was to get management the client and workers on the same page. the most enjoyable part was to finish a contract with a perfect safety record and targets and schedules met.

Pros

To be able to have a hot shower and good meal at the end of the day

Cons

Being on call during your days off

A great company to work for and i was treated fairly

I enjoyed working for this company and I learned a lot of things when I was employed there. They have a great fly in camp and I would work for them again.

Productive place to work

I enjoyed working he learned lots about mining And about three operation of mines. I liked the guys I worked with as well as the management team . I would recommend this company

Pros

Freee lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Procon Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement