Procon Group of Companies

Procon Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Great job,but gets cold in winter,various duties thru the day,learned lots about mining and running a grader,management is great,workplace culture was good,hardest part of job was the cold in the winter but you get used to it
worked minimum 10 hr days. worked on underground mining equipment; hydraulics, component replacement, overhauls, PDI new equipment. had some opportunity to go to site and work for a couple weeks at a time, with expenses paid. getting parts at a timely manner and ridiculous timelines to get certain projects done were some of the more stressful parts of the job. Safety culture is important, but some of it is overkill. decent crew to work with. some management staff are newer and were looking to make changes, took advantage of Covid-19 situation.
I’ve been with procon for 2.5 years , I have to say this company is first class. They hired me as a plumber to fill a temporary role and after the position was finished they kept me and are training me for a mining position. Very fare pay. Great work , life balance. Very happy here.
For employee safety, it was required to wear a respirator at all times in the mine. Wearing the respirators would cause communication problems at times when completing the job but everyone knew the PPE was important for their own health and safety.
Would very much like to work for them in the industry again. Had a very good experience the whole time employed. And would recommend to anybody to work for them
J'ai aimer travailler chez Procon malgré la fin de mon contrat.Toutfois,je demeure convaincus que mon expérience m'as appris beaucoup sur moi-même et l'entreprise d'une facon enrichissante et est prét a retourner travailler avec Procon.
Pros
camps
Cons
wifi
Worked on and off with Procon my entire career can’t ask for a better company. Great pay and benefits, provide training if requested to ensure growth in the company.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Long rotations
Enjoyed my time there, people were good, got to see some country, as we were working in Newfoundland/Labrador,.........................................
my day is usually a busy day at work, the work place is very productive. nothing is hard about the job, I learn very quickly. I enjoy working in a safe environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Procon Group of Companies?
Good work. Good People. Not a bad place to work if you dont mind being underground all day. shift work which is nice if you dont mind being away from home.
Excellent management to work for and willing to help solve problems Respectful of other cultures Everyone treated equal Open door policy for all employees Provide training in various fields or will send employees on courses even if out of country courses
lots of activities to keep people occupied in a remote camp beautiful scenery after work you can go and enjoy a bath in the hot springs in the middle of the winter the shack must have at least e feet of ice on the out side because of the heat from the hot spring it is really cool looking
Pros
beautiful scenery great people
Cons
lots of snow
head office is not a place for any andvacenment, if you are a female not for me!! only men seem to get promoted so,very very sad in this day and age
Senior leadership was not engaged in the business unit and did not have a presence with the workers. Any initiative brought fourth was met with skepticism and mistrust. Corporate did not support the business unit with resources such as project controls, estimating, HSE
Pros
Cons
lack of involvement and pack of trust
I learned presentation of analysis in a logical way. The projects were very challenging. The accounting records were organized and easy to assess. The hardest part of the job was the culture of the old timer employees - negative attitude that bring you down even you try to be positive.
Pros
CFO has an excellent people skill and positive personality
Cons
Long hours of work, no salary increase
Meet with supervisor and crew coming off shift and discuss previous shift. Set up line up for on coming shift. meet with on coming shift for safety meeting, discuss line up with supervisor. meet with mechanical supervisor and discuss equipment and prioritize repairs. Talk with management discuss scheduling. Do my rounds at the mine chat with workers and inspect work places. get line up ready for on coming crew. Safety and production go hand in hand without safety there is no production. Management was always good to get along with. work place culture was always encouraged by management. the hardest part was to get management the client and workers on the same page. the most enjoyable part was to finish a contract with a perfect safety record and targets and schedules met.
Pros
To be able to have a hot shower and good meal at the end of the day
Cons
Being on call during your days off
I enjoyed working for this company and I learned a lot of things when I was employed there. They have a great fly in camp and I would work for them again.
I enjoyed working he learned lots about mining And about three operation of mines. I liked the guys I worked with as well as the management team . I would recommend this company
Pros
Freee lunches
Cons
This job was underground and consisted of a lot of new things that I learnt. Being 3kms underground was interesting and a peak in my safety training and I'd like to get into more career improving jobs like this one.
Great group of people to work for. Really took care of me and never had a problem with them. Sad to get laid off but would work for them again if I could.
Excellent ungrounded Co workers questionable management rate of pay is great overtime a bonus good benefits suffice break times good on and off schedule
Pros
Loa
Cons
No room for advancement