Procon Group of Companies Employee Reviews

trés bonne atmosphére,bonne esprit de famille
Opérateur de production (Former Employee) –  Amos, QC9 December 2019
J'ai aimer travailler chez Procon malgré la fin de mon contrat.Toutfois,je demeure convaincus que mon expérience m'as appris beaucoup sur moi-même et l'entreprise d'une facon enrichissante et est prét a retourner travailler avec Procon.
Pros
camps
Cons
wifi
Amazing employer and employees
Worked on and off with Procon my entire career can’t ask for a better company. Great pay and benefits, provide training if requested to ensure growth in the company.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Long rotations
Good job, enjoyed the people
Equipment Operator/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 September 2019
Enjoyed my time there, people were good, got to see some country, as we were working in Newfoundland/Labrador,.........................................
productive and an enjoyable place to work
Operator, Jack (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy, SK15 September 2019
my day is usually a busy day at work, the work place is very productive. nothing is hard about the job, I learn very quickly. I enjoy working in a safe environment.
Good Place to work
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Ekati12 September 2019
Good work. Good People. Not a bad place to work if you dont mind being underground all day. shift work which is nice if you dont mind being away from home.
One of the best companies to work for
Underground Mine Safety Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kyrgzstan5 August 2019
Excellent management to work for and willing to help solve problems
Respectful of other cultures
Everyone treated equal
Open door policy for all employees
Provide training in various fields or will send employees on courses even if out of country courses
the food at this camp was pretty good but always the same thing no change or variety
Mechanical leader (Former Employee) –  Northwest Territories3 March 2019
lots of activities to keep people occupied in a remote camp beautiful scenery after work you can go and enjoy a bath in the hot springs in the middle of the winter the shack must have at least e feet of ice on the out side because of the heat from the hot spring it is really cool looking
Pros
beautiful scenery great people
Cons
lots of snow
not for me!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 February 2019
head office is not a place for any andvacenment, if you are a female not for me!! only men seem to get promoted so,very very sad in this day and age
poor senior leadership
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 December 2018
Senior leadership was not engaged in the business unit and did not have a presence with the workers. Any initiative brought fourth was met with skepticism and mistrust. Corporate did not support the business unit with resources such as project controls, estimating, HSE
Pros
Cons
lack of involvement and pack of trust
Challenging jobs -great for career growth
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2018
I learned presentation of analysis in a logical way. The projects were very challenging. The accounting records were organized and easy to assess. The hardest part of the job was the culture of the old timer employees - negative attitude that bring you down even you try to be positive.
Pros
CFO has an excellent people skill and positive personality
Cons
Long hours of work, no salary increase
Training on the job, productive, and lots of room for advancement.
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  Ekati Diamond Mine8 October 2018
Safety is the number one priority, the company makes sure that everyone is well trained and competent before sending them off to work. 12 hour days for 14 days straight followed by 14 days off. The hardest part would be being away from family and switching from days to nights when needed.
Pros
Free meals, advancements, bonuses
Cons
Long hours, in camp for 2 weeks.
Good company to work for management was great
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 April 2018
Meet with supervisor and crew coming off shift and discuss previous shift. Set up line up for on coming shift. meet with on coming shift for safety meeting, discuss line up with supervisor. meet with mechanical supervisor and discuss equipment and prioritize repairs. Talk with management discuss scheduling. Do my rounds at the mine chat with workers and inspect work places. get line up ready for on coming crew. Safety and production go hand in hand without safety there is no production. Management was always good to get along with. work place culture was always encouraged by management. the hardest part was to get management the client and workers on the same page. the most enjoyable part was to finish a contract with a perfect safety record and targets and schedules met.
Pros
To be able to have a hot shower and good meal at the end of the day
Cons
Being on call during your days off
A great company to work for and i was treated fairly
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  Roy Lloyd Mine26 February 2018
I enjoyed working for this company and I learned a lot of things when I was employed there. They have a great fly in camp and I would work for them again.
Productive place to work
Mining labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 October 2017
I enjoyed working he learned lots about mining And about three operation of mines. I liked the guys I worked with as well as the management team . I would recommend this company
Pros
Freee lunches
Great experience
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 September 2017
This job was underground and consisted of a lot of new things that I learnt. Being 3kms underground was interesting and a peak in my safety training and I'd like to get into more career improving jobs like this one.
Great place to work and good people
Welder/Construction miner (Current Employee) –  Ekati Diamond mine27 August 2017
I worked for procon for just about 7 years now and they are a great company. Most of there work is in remote camp with Long turnarounds. Flights are paid and rooms and meals are also paid.
Pros
Free food in camp
Cons
Away from family
Great people
Driller / Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ekati, NT13 June 2017
Great group of people to work for. Really took care of me and never had a problem with them. Sad to get laid off but would work for them again if I could.
Excellent underground co workers questionable management
Miner operator (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy, SK11 May 2017
Excellent ungrounded Co workers questionable management rate of pay is great overtime a bonus good benefits suffice break times good on and off schedule
Pros
Loa
Cons
No room for advancement
best camp I have ever lived in
Miner - EKATI Mine, Northwest Territories (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 March 2017
Work was interesting and different from other mines in which I had work with safety a top borty no job is worst doing if you can't do it safe. The after hr. events were the best of all
Pros
grast food
Cons
cold weather
not bad company
Shaft Mechanic/ Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rocanville, SK18 January 2017
Company treats guy okay, but the management needs some improvements. Job security is minimal, and job organization need some definite working on.
Pros
wages
Cons
job security