Procom

Procom Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Overall good experience
Being my first job in Canada, I am still exploring and learning about the work culture here. In my opinion Procom has a decent IT work culture. Work life balance is good till developer level, but for leads its a bit hectic many times.
Bonne firme pour les emplois contractuels
Bonne firme pour les emplois contractuels et bonne équipe qui entoure ses candidats
Rewarding environment with great experience
I learned a plethora of tools to help with collaborative and communicative work, and have grown to enjoy working with a team consistently. There were plenty of opportunities to prove your value to the team, and each day provided a new source of challenge and fulfillment
Pros
Friendly environment, very accepting
Cons
More walking than expected
Great work environment, friendly and informative.
Being a contract worker is hard sometimes because everything is done remotely. So, I loved how they responded right away to any questions or concerns I had. The company I worked for (Rogers) had a very friendly, fun environment. There were many opportunities to learn new things.
Fun and flexibly place to work
Working hours 7.5 hours a day - promoting work life balance
Flexible hours

No overtime required

Great team environment

Account Managers you are working with are very helpful and mature

Mature culture - no office drama

Company events occur frequently

Beer Thursday/Fridays
Pros
Cons
Opportunity for growth, compensation
Not a direct Procom employee
I wasn't able to work on the ProCom office. I was reasssigned to PWC for a year and PWC directly hired me after the contract. The staff that managed my hiring process in Procom is very accommodating and helpful
Well informed and good communication
Good experience so far and would work with Procom again. Besides the desireable work, good team building and company information shared. Would recommend to others.
Seasoned professionals be warned.
Worked for this company as an Account Manager, and would not encourage any seasoned professional to join this particular office. Branch Manager is a bit too Jr to be running that office, and the current VP offers no support. Outrageous targets, low $50k Base and commission is outdated for all of British Columbia.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Lack of support
Awesome coworkers to make your work life comfortable
Coding life in Procom is the best that you can deserve from a well organized company.

The company provides Friday Lunch once in a month where everyone can meet and eat together.

Depending on the role, the day can be very busy and challenging.
A typical day at work
It is a typical 8 hour shift job at an office, taking calls from internal employees and helping them with their computer issues.
It was a job where receiving calls are coming in non-stop, which that in itself wasn't bad as it kept the day going.

The hardest part of the job was not that it was slow or anything, it was keeping things consistent; you are asked to try to solve calls as fast as you can to proceed with the next user while keeping the ticketing (how calls are being tracked basically) under 1 minute after call.

The most enjoyable part of it was hearing the happiness in the user's voice when their issues has been fixed. It really helps keeping your day going as it somehow does affect the next call that you take without you really realizing.
Pros
There was a console in the lunch room
Good Company
Enjoyed working there - the pay was not great but the culture was good and had an amazing boss. Enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere thoroughly. Only left because I found a job in my field.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Fun place to work
Great staff and work environment. Communicative office atmosphere, independent-style of work, build your own book of business. Flexible hours add to work life balance. High metrics to reach each day.
Interesting Private Company
Highly respected founder now bringing in family to help with the business.

Has been around for over 30 years.

Great people and fundraising activities.
Summary
Good place, location and people. Good company and work environment. Typical day, busy. Management okay. Learned a lot from this company and happy.....
Pros
good company
Cons
not much advancement
Super entreprise!
Très bonne entreprise. Possibilité d'évolution. Manager à l'écoute et ouvert aux nouvelles idées.
Environnement stimulant avec plein de défis
-Migration des serveur Windows 2003 vers Windows 2012 et 2016 en utilisant plusieurs méthodes de migration.
-Automatisation des taches qui rapporte toujours une valeur ajoutée a la société
Interessant
Très intéressant. Entreprise sérieux dont la réputation n'est plus à faire
table tennis
lot of work, very busy environment, company is growing, flexible when you have appointments, work summer hours (M-T 8.00AM-5.00PM, half day on Friday)
Pros
second friday lunch
Cons
flexible hours
Professional and courteuos
This organisation got in touch with me and offered to represent me for a role and they were very clear as to what the role was and what was required. I was able to secure the role and the team at PROCOM kept in touch with me throughout the hiring process. I was never in the dark.
Pros
Online documentation submission
Cons
Too many calls
My job at Procom was an amazing experience.
I was given the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through many different tasks, such as conducting accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, auditing assistant, inventory control, etc.
Pros
Free monthly lunches
Great people, benefits lacking.
Everyone who works at Procom is smart, kind, and conscientious. The only things missing are a comprehensive retirement plan and a clear chain of command . The management is trying its best, but there are often too many cooks in the kitchen on a given project or initiative. You can do well here if you keep your head down and work hard, but don't expect tons of guidance.
Pros
Good people and culture
Cons
Lacking benefits, confusing chain of command