Pro Oil Change Employee Reviews

Sucks balls
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON6 August 2019
Worse place ever to work at. The place is a joke , they change things every week. Guys are quitting all the time bc know one wants to work there. Its a Mickey mouse company.
Not a great place.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON21 June 2019
I have worked for pro oil for about 3 years, after which became under new management. After the change over, the new manager couldn't make the schedule properly, missing shifts entily and then gloating how he went to school to for H.R.
Management had no idea on how to close the shop left doors open all night, yet 1 week later I was written up for taking to many cars. My fellow colleagues are the reason I hung around at the job for as long as I did, and now all my fellow colleagues are leaving because of this new, manager. Not to mention the extremely long hours and poor treatment.
Pros
Was a family atmosphere.
Cons
Long hours, poor treatment
Great place for someone who would like to learn basics on automotive maintenance
Lube Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 April 2019
Overall it's not a bad company to work for, I was with them for 2 years, was recognized pretty quickly for my work ethic and as such received raises, however a lot of the locations are owned individually, and the owner I had the pleasure of working for was a fantastic guy to work for and talk to, but was very cheap on wages and such. Also the micromanagement was dreadful.
Pros
Laid back, easy job, decent hours
Cons
Head office wanted all cars to be serviced, in and oit within 12 min...
Productive and professional workplace
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 December 2018
I was trained very well during my time at Pro Oil Change and they treated me basically like family there. Very professional workplace, there was a system of doing things and they made sure we knew it like second nature.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Alot of customers all the time
part time job
Mechanic-Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON13 November 2018
as a typical part time job it comes with its drawbacks. overall not the worst place to work. commission was nice the employees fought over commission.
Amazing management!
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON12 October 2018
There is always something new to learn in the automotive industry. We have amazing management that gives us a great challenge but also stands right by our side when we need help. Our manager always is willing to teach if we are willing to learn. Our area manager will always put the guest first... he has even stands beside us when we are busy to help serve guests. As for the team it’s like a family... we laugh, learn and believe in each other.

It’s hard work but so worth it. As for the culture it’s guests first. We won’t recommend anything if we feel it isn’t due. They don’t look for sales people they look for people who are interested and believe in preventative maintenance.

The interview process is easy. They give people a chance to prove themselves.
Pros
Enough hours, learning and advancement opportunities, great team and management
good work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON9 October 2018
pro oil change was a excellent work place . it help me develop alot of skill i was able to take in to the real world to better myself in the field of work i am going in ti
Pros
work environment
The place is very fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON27 August 2018
I had lots of fun working there but the owners are not the best to work for. But the employers there are super fun and amazing people to work for. I just think the owners need to know little more of what they are doing.
Fantastic Place to Work
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON25 July 2018
The manager is beyond reasonable and very kind. This is a GREAT entry job for people looking to learn about mechanics. The place is full of spunk and good times. Definitely worth the application and the time spent there!
good place to work for.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON8 May 2018
I was able to move up in the company rather quickly. They reward hard work. It was a very fast paced work environment. You had to work 11 hour shifts everyday with no break. I did personally excel in a fast paced environment.
Pros
commission and bonus structure in place
Cons
11 hour shifts with no break everyday
good people , good training
Lube Technician / Sales (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON10 April 2018
lots to learn here . great entry level sales position and can make great commission if you excel at sales . can be cold in the winter while working in the under bay .
Pros
uniform, discounts.
Cons
long days
Relaxed place but can get busy
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON26 September 2017
Pro Oil Change was very slow at the store i was working at. Could clean the same items twice a day with the extra time. The Co-workers where really nice but could get on each others nerves because of how often we had free time. Best times was when we where busy so the day could go by a little quicker.
Sadly Pro Oil Change has gone down hill.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON16 July 2017
I have worked for Pro Oil Change for 6 years, and have seen 3 Area Managers come and go, as well the company has been bought out 3-4 times.

The company isn't going in the right direction it used to be going in, sadly.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Managment doesn't know what they're doing.
id work there again
Lower bay technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 January 2017
i liked working there great people was able to gain my knowledge in the automotive world to pursue my dream in being a fully licences mechanic i look forward to that day
Pros
steady pace
Cons
long hours no breaks most times
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2016
Was a great place to work. I learned a lot about sales and vehicles. Was also able to increase my customer service experience
Productive and overall great place to work!
Lube Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON6 October 2016
Working at pro oil change was a really great experience for me. Not only did I meet great people but I also gained a lot of knowledge on cars
Pros
Great People
Cons
N/a
Work place
Assistant Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 August 2016
Very unsatisfied with the morals of this company. It is not the best run business.

How ever it is not horrible , the jut need to get priorities straight.
Good learning experiance
Lower bay technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 June 2016
Working at Pro oil i learned a lot more about cars and learned how to do certain services on a car. The hardest service learned was a coolant flush
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
competitive
fun, can be fast pace work
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON15 May 2016
I really enjoyed working at pro oil change, my co-workers were great. hardest part of the job keeping the floor clean. most enjoyable part of my time being there was getting my hands dirty everyday.
fun place to work.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON24 March 2016
very positive long hours meet a ton of new people always having fun.working outside all day rain or sun which can be hard to do.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
long days