PRO-WESTERN MECHANICAL
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

PRO-WESTERN MECHANICAL Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews

goodworkpeopleworkinggreatjobpayplace

Lots of work

The interview was easy and relaxed , received offer pretty much right away. The were flexible with the type of camp rotation I wanted to work and what would work with me and my family.just slap work together not carrying hoe it looks or works. Crews like to party

Pros

They lie to you

Cons

Work with drunks

This place will make you question your life choices

This company believes in money and Short cuts. If you are willing to obey a job culture where bullying and making you feel like you are worthless, this is the place for you. You have to be a different kind of person to work here, meaning caveman like. Only the once who have being there the longest can make your life easier, if they don’t like you they will make sure your time here is worst night mare ! Other then that you might get treated like garbage and just Pokémon card that can be traded from job site to job site, depending on your skill level.

Pros

Free flights

Cons

Bullies

Insights into PRO-WESTERN MECHANICAL

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Supportive environment

Great for entry level Plumbers (and HVAC for me)

I enjoyed working with PWM. They took me on with zero construction experience. I got a couple people jobs within the first 6 months of joining the company.Left when they worked it out to pay less overtime for out of town workers.

garbage

they should have the staff do drug tests. they are brown nosers, I would not recommend that company for employment or companies to contract them. I have nothing good to say about them

Pros

Cons

at least I got paid

Some guys are good but get locked into a certain task

Wouldn't go backSuch lack of communication between field and office Only concerned about timelines only care about employees if it effects bottom line

Pros

Its employment

Cons

Poor company moral

Worst company ever

every day working for this company is going to make you consider all your life choices Constant struggle with city instructors due to the company having no concept of local not to mention that no amount of work is ever good enough which makes the project management yelling only the icing on the top delays due to no concept on how ordering material in advance works

Pros

Non

Cons

To many to list

Productive and Fun Place

Fair and honest owners. Always an open door for talk, Very compassionate owners, family oriented.Seemed to be a good mix of men and women working there.Nice office space. Flexible.

Pros

Once a month lunch. Celebrated birthdays.

Fast paced, good learning environment

Pro Western is a good place to start for people who want to learn the plumbing trade. Large 6 story condo style units. Lots of work. Ignore the negative reviews on this site. If you like to work, want to learn, Pro Western is good. Good benefits.

Pros

Lots of work

Lots of multi family

Great company if your interested in multifamily plumbing. Great culture if you enjoy drinking with the crew. I haven't worked there since 2014 so things may have changed somewhat.

Solid place to work

Fair management, good people. Foreman and coworkers very knowledgeable, great place to start out. Lots of opportunity for advancement if you stick with it. Competitive pay

Started my apprenticeship

This is my first plumbing job. Started my apprenticeship with pro western and they have been great to me so far. They allow me to work overtime which really helps out when payday comes. Lots of experienced guys here to teach me a lot of stuff and most of the guys here have been here for a long time which tells me that they are happy with the company.

Worse company ever

Runned by inexperienced people who couldnt take the stress. There was alot of talk behind your back and threats for write ups. Nobody was happy and all eventually left or was going too. They also angered the city of winnipeg by their ignorance. I would not recommend working there unless you want too be a slave for grunt work. offer

Pro western is garbage

I spent almost a year there By far the worst job I’ve had in sheet metal The foreman’s treat the guys like garbage whether your a journeyman or just starting out definitely don’t recommend for apprentices They won’t teach you anything and you will be stuck doing the same thing Pro-western is garbage And I left on good terms

Pros

Cons

Too many

Good work place

Good place to work, good people, safe sites, fun work environment. Foreman is awesome and management is great when I've had the chance to talk to them.

You are nothing

Don’t bother trying to get anywhere with this “company” you are nothing but a number. they will lie saying you are getting paid overtime or LOA working out of town but if you don’t have it on paper or a signed contract they will back out and pretend you never even asked. They will cut you out of hours you worked and if you have and injury will make your life horrible by finding any way to make you come into work to worsen such injury do not wast your time here

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Office seems to be run by unfit children

If you like to be told your working 6 days a week all summer!

Great group of guys to work with on the team but........ I didn't like the fact the PM came out and told everyone that we were going to be working 6 day's a week all summer. We were already working 5 , 10 hour days with 30 min break. Everything was push push push with the Development Company and so we had to miss out on alot of family time. Thankless job. Expect to be laid off after one or two projects.

Pros

Cons

10 hour day's, only 30 min break (lunch)

multi storey apartments

Pro wester does Four storey walk ups and at the site I worked at there were 20+ apparentices and one journeymen. Material was always late and the job was always behind. We were forced to work 12 hour days with no heat in minus 20.

good job good people

i enjoyed my time there good people good job and a fun place to work, they had good benefits and a nice work environment,had no in town work so i had to find elsewhere..

Great company for hardworkers

These other reviews are not very accurate as to what I experienced at pro western. They deal mainly with multi family dwellings (or did when I worked there), so the pace is a bit faster than resi or commercial. They never cut corners, they had a few bad apples on staff for a little while, but they're a large company... The Christmas parties were always fun, and the crews that I worked with were great guys. I enjoyed my time working there. The owner and his wife are both humble and very nice people. If you want to work hard and show your value, and you show up with a good attitude, this is one of the better companies in Edmonton to work for, as they will reward you for your effort. They care about their employees. I had full benefits and a retirement plan while I worked for them.

Pros

Pay, company values, great team, nice owner

Cons

work can be repetitive

Fly by night

Horrible at training apprentice plumbers . One of the worst companies i have worked for. Owners wanted profit on the workers back. Long hours,working in -30 and tries too glue fittings which needed too.be redone in the spring

Pros

Cons

Long hours bad company

bad management.

Decent benefits and flights/accommodations paid for. Those were the ONLY pros I had working for this company. Cons, Never knew where you were sleeping, how long your shifts where, would get flight info on same day of leaving to or from work sometimes. Horrible wage for long days, no overtime or hours recorded towards apprenticeship. Very few journeyman to apprentice ratio which effects the overall quality of installation Overall horrible experience would never work for them again. PS they owned a condo in fort mac where we were packed 5-8 people in a tiny two bedroom place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRO-WESTERN MECHANICAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare PRO-WESTERN MECHANICAL with

• PRO-WESTERN MECHANICAL