Princess Margaret Hospital

Princess Margaret Hospital Employee Reviews

Respectful and supportive work environment

As a volunteer navigator, I would help patients and visitors with general inquiries and way-finding. This includes escorting visitors to various locations throughout the hospital or giving instructions on how to navigate the hospital. The management is very accommodating of scheduling difficulties and will allow you to take time off if adequate prior notice is given.

Good environment to work there. Good people

what i learn was to be competition to the patient. Helping patent to there seat. Helping them to their next appointment. To make sure to leave clean the area for the next shift

Pros

no free Lunch

Cons

part-time

Long hours, poor benefits, poor salary

I work nonstop most days, on my feet most of the time, poor salary with poor benefits with no room for growth, slow turn around time in regards to overtime pay. Management often disregards you when you need assistance

I think my review is ok

Hello thanks so much for the interview question and it gives me chance of thinking about it a little bit and I leaned a from my former company thanks .

Very slow paced and lazy place of work

I was not monitored with any tasks that I was completing even though I was only a summer intern. The workers were nice and thoughtful however it was obvious that they did not care about what i was doing.

Great

The job is busy always but fun to help others in need. The area of work my co workers are like family. Looking out for one another. The work load is much in some areas. But I like the challenges as opportunity.

Volunteer in Clinical Trials Pharmacy

Volunteered. Very friendly staff. Thoroughly trained. Old pharmacy but sufficient work space. Flexible hours was a big plus. Worked 2-3 hour shifts on average once per week.

Great learning experience

but only up until the end of 1st year. Expected to work over time by management. Management is a joke. Departments are stuck in office politics. Physicians are great though and focused on finding better alternatives for patients

Overall good place to workl

PMH is one of the best cancer centres in the world. Great learning opportunities. A lot of room for growth within or between departments. Overall okay culture. Good pay.

Very fun, friendly and productive place

I never felt like I was working. I worked with various patients of all ages and my coworkers were very friendly. I never felt a sense of hierarchy during my time there.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Sedentary hours

Nice place but too much to be done by one person in a day!!!

Nice place but need to pay staff more than a little more than minimum wage. Otherwise, nice place with comfortable environment. Lunches for Admin week is very nice.

Pros

free lunches now and then...year end bonus

Cons

high stress

Great institution and good learning environment

Princess Margaret Hospital is a tertiary institution where both Nursing and Medical students are trained therefore it is good learning center. Moreover, being the largest healthcare institution in the Bahamas, all types of patients are seen and cared for in this hospital. What I enjoyed most was my relationship with colleagues and some of these have developed to personal friendship that could last a lifetime On a typical day, most wards are busy with an average of 15 patients but staffing is a challenge leaving room for lots of overtime.

Pros

Paid vacation

Cons

Low staff retention rate

Typical Day

It was good. I got to interact with many patients and I learned new things on every shift. The volunteering manager was very kind and lenient with me and my school schedule.

At the time it was a fun and a productive work environment

involved care of premature and ill infants. As a newly graduated RN , there was always something new to learn. Nursing staff and doctors respected each other and worked together as a team.

Pros

staff camaraderie

Cons

Long hours, Underpaid

Fun place to work

I learned how to conduct research in clinical trial. learned a log or programming skills. I get along very well with my supervisor. It is a good place to work.

Great to work for

working under the guidance of the hospital was great as it provided a good design challenge while simultaneously allowing me to learn of the job. All for a great cause.

Dynamic and rewarding

Great team of professionals, engaged, focus on research and patient care. Providing best care to cancer patients with an excellent multidisciplinary team.

Great fundraisers

I have participated in 6 fundraisers put on by this company. They are well organized and profitable for cancer research. The company has many sponsors that make the events possible.

Pros

Amazing food

Cons

High stakes to participate in fundraisers.

it was a productive workplace

I love being a Palliative nurse. taking of patients, complaint and carrying out orders from orders with regards to their treatment and medications. I learned a lot from the managers and my co workers. it was truly a great place to work.

Professional Staff

Great environment with professional staff. Different cultures working as a whole to serve people. It is such an amazing experiment. CEO is on top of his work and knows what he is doing. So proud of being a part of it.

Busy

Busy and extremely fast paced. A typical day at work would include greeting customers, answering questions, and providing customer service by using effective customer service skills .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Margaret Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement