Princess Cruises Employee Reviews

Hard job
Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Cruise ships21 April 2018
12 hours shift without days-off for 6 months. The management is very demanding and treats employees in a rude way. You get so little money for working so hard.
Pros
can see the world
Cons
hard working conditions
productive and well managed
commis (Current Employee) –  victoria19 November 2017
Working with Princess Cruises was an unforgetable experience. Well organized and easy to work with different people with different cultures. I was mesmerized with all the destinations and ports which was like an adventure for me. I would like to rejoin the ship life but i jot a job in Mauritius as cook in police training school. But i did noot forgot when i first came at Victoria Canada. This is why i want to have a secure job and if possible to immigrates in Canada.
Pros
free meals
See.the.world.free
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  At sea19 August 2017
It's been pleasure to work in princess cruises, they change my life style. Bit working in the ship is not easy . You need to be Patience at all time when at work.
Exciting Travel
Sports Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 August 2017
I was the sports director for Princess Cruise Lines. I was responsible for all the recreation programs including instructing aerobics classes, walking clubs, personal training.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours, very low pay
Working in princess cruise lines
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Cruising24 July 2017
I enjoy working at princess I give my all to the company by working hard I enjoy playing soccer on board I like traveling as I travel with princess cruise lines around the world
productive
1st commis chef (Current Employee) –  Hamilton13 March 2017
Good company with 56 nationalities,advanced in principles of food profession.
Training and development are the first priorities.Excellent management.
Pros
Well equipped kitchen
Great Work
Band leader Musician (Current Employee) –  the world17 January 2017
Love the work.Great job.Looking to stay in one place for a while.I would recommend it for anyone.Can be tough but so awesome to be out there.
Pros
See the world
Cons
Away from home
Indeed is best website in all job boards .We can search any requirements easily
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  CA4 October 2016
Indeed is best website in all job boards .We can search any requirements easily i am getting many requirements from indeed we can get many direct client requirements through indeed .
Good Working enviroment
Security Supervisior (Current Employee) –  on ship9 May 2016
Had a wonderful team to work with . We were full of energy even after a hard days work. We never got stressed out because of our bosses or even co workers we worked as a team
Ship Life
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Worldwide15 March 2016
My life on-board was a amazing experience. Demanding, high pace and exhausting is the general review about ships but it was fun as well.

Work on average 12 hours per day for 8 months every day with no day off. For 5 years I have learned a lot about products, leadership and management.

Working many different nationalities you learn about communication that one never known.

In General it was a experience that I loved, but it is time for me to look for land based work were me and my wife can build upon.
happy
chef de partie (Former Employee) –  CA18 March 2015
friendly,positive thinking.respect each everyone.listening carefully to my co-worker and work as a one team and to be flexible.the hardest part of my job is when the public health check every 3months i need to be focus in every single part of my duty.the most enjoyable part of my job is when those people telling that i made my job well done.
Pros
free everything
Cons
14 hrs
Cruise Chip
Buffet Steward (Former Employee) –  CA16 January 2015
- Every day on the job 10 to 12
- International experience
- The most difficult part of the job fatigue
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lond hours
Fun Job,didnt feel like a job.Management treated the Staff great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC7 January 2015
Princess Cruises was the place I came out of shell, the environment was just a naturally loving one. Management did care about their workers, It was a joy having the Cruisers not having to worry about anything, making them not wanting to leave and go back to their everyday lives. The Uniform was awesome as well.
Pros
Going on the Ship
Cons
Early Morning start
Excellent Standards
Asst. Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Various locations27 September 2014
If you are workaholic, this is the place for you.
Maintaining high standards and delivering services right on time or before time is a culture here.
Pros
all amenities on board
Cons
very long working hours
Great Work Experience
Accommodation Attendant (Former Employee) –  World Cruise30 July 2014
Management works at its best. Handles employees in a professional way. The hardest part of the job is carrying luggages to passenger's cabin. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually travelling free.
Un trabajo muy interesante con posiblidades de conocer el mundo de forma gratuita
Buffet Steward (Current Employee) –  CA3 May 2014
Me gusta mucho trabajar para princess cruises porque he adquirido una excelente cultura de servicio a clientes. La forma tan organizada de su logística y las estrategias para logras sus objetivos en todas las áreas de trabajo, creo que alguien que desee aprender a trabajar debería unirse a esta compañía, y lo que mas me gusta es que he tenido la oportunidad de conocer todo el mundo físicamente, todos los continentes y todos los mares.
Pros
Trabajas mucho y descansas bien
Cons
Contratos muy largos
fun to work
Assistant Purser (Former Employee) –  los Angels CA1 April 2014
assist the passengers with safey,and others needs
management helpfull
Pros
free travel
Cons
long hours, but enjoyeable always meet new passengers
Princess Cruises - Not for the Faint of Heart
Customer Service Agent/Junior Assistant Purser (Former Employee) –  Onboard Ship1 April 2014
I started Princess Cruises as a Junior Assistant Purser which meant that I started at the Front Desk of a busy cruise ship. You can expect to work a minimum of 8 hours, 7 days a week for 6 months. You are contracted for 13 hours though and sometimes the hours can even extend beyond that. Within the JAP role you have the chance to work in various roles such as Shore Excursions Agent, Crew Agent, Junior Hotel Controller, Assistant Admin Officer, Wedding Coordinator and Evening Front Desk Supervisor. In terms of experience it is very enlightening.

However, I have had the opportunity to see many places in the world that I would have otherwise never had a chance to and met some wonderful people along the way. If you have a positive attitude, can work hard and have a lot of energy then this is an ideal job for you.
Pros
Getting to see the world, meeting friends from all over the world
Cons
4 to 10 month contract at sea, sharing a room with another person at entry level, long hours and no days off
.....................................
houseekeeping/room attendant public area attendant (Current Employee) –  cruseship3 December 2013
at the princess cruises the management work as a team.i worked this company for 2 years
Productive and fun working in a cruiseship because you can see the world.
hotel laundry attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver,Canada14 November 2013
Working in a cruiseships is tiring and sometimes you have to go down the level of your co worker because sometimes you do all the works.You have to have a lot of patience because ofthe seniority some of them wont work, they leave all to you.The most enjoyable part of the job is you got to see the world for free because they sail all over the world.
Pros
all is free
Cons
long hours of work but the pays/wage is low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2