Princess Auto Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS17 June 2018
A typical day is receiving product, stocking shelves, greeting guests and helping them find what they are looking and most importantly giving them a good customer service experience.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Very small workplace
Fun workplace, fun people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 May 2018
Princess Auto was a fun place to work, with lots of different people. I loved working with different people on different shifts, and it felt like a family. The customers were mostly very nice, and fun to serve. The most enjoyable part of the job would be just getting to know my customers, and co-workers. The toughest part of the job would have to be the physical labour, and working in the warehouse.
Pros
Fun Staff.
Cons
Working on Sundays.
I loved working there-9 years. Always felt like a member of a family.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 May 2018
The pay was good and the profit sharing great. I always felt like part of a team. I have many fond memories of times both at work and social events. My Princess Auto family helped me through some bad times like losing both parents just a month apart, adjusting my schedule to help me be able to stay working due to an illness and making sure I was ok since my husband lived in NJ. Since retiring I miss them. I still keep in touch with many.
Pros
Flexible schedule, profit sharing and friendly environment
Cons
Sometimes management did play favorities.
Overall I love the company
Day receiver/shipper (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 April 2018
Management it week and can’t agree on any problems the arise. Wants everyone to be a team player but has favourite employees/ friends. Doesn’t hold people accountable for continuously being late, extra long breaks
Pros
I enjoy some of the people
Cons
To many younger lazy children of all ages
It was a great experience setting up a brand new store, from start to finish. I really learn't alot
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 April 2018
Like I stated this was a great learning experience as we had to set every isle and every shelf up from scratch with attention to detail and category. The people were very nice to work with.
Pros
Great place to work with a great staff
Cons
low pay
Customer service provider (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
Great place to work! very accommodating for hours and always opportunity to work more hours. Customers are great to deal with and love working with them everyday!
Pays alright, but you won't be treated that well.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Team Member) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2018
While my boss was nice, the team of supervisors were biased, chose favourites, and overall would let some people get away with murder (longer breaks, not doing their work, talking badly about other team members, ect.), and would even take long breaks themselves, were late continuously, and we're generally not very approachable, though they claimed to be. As a company, their views and outlook are wonderful, and I felt supported and backed by the company as a whole, but the team leaders in there need some work, because they are all too immature and don't seem to care about what they're doing unless the boss is watching. Raising concerns never gets anything done, and people get away with way too much here.
Pros
Generally pays well, benefits are pretty alright, some team members treat you well.
Cons
Authorities pick favourites, unapproachable, insufficient training.
Great place!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 April 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about Princess Auto! They have incredible customer service, very accommodating, really care about their employees well being and safety.
Good benefits, bad management
Visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
Benefits are great, salary was competitive. Management is very corrupt and will ban together with other employees to bully you if you work full time and they dislike you.
Pros
quarterly profit sharing
Cons
poorly trained managers
Supply Chain Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 March 2018
Good work life balance.
Great opportunities to learn.
Fun place to work.
Serves the community.
Provides Royal service to customers.
Unique assortment.
Better value.

Want to know more about Princess Auto?

Ask a question
Excellent Company
Team Leader, Store (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2018
Great family company with great values. Treats employees with integrity, dignity, and respect. Fair work life balance. Management is approachable and fair.
Awesome place to work. Great people, with lots of opportunity for fun at work
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 March 2018
I have learned many aspects of leadership from the people I have worked with. Their is very much a family feel to the people across the company. This company works as a team across the country for 1 goal, 1 plan.
Pros
Great work life balance
many festivities.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  2 Executive Pl. Kitchener:Ont.28 February 2018
It: was a very good run working there had fun on the job and did work too.Only I left there was management changed and then started to get sour to work there.But overall it was a fun place to work.
Pros
very fun
Cons
sometimes had to eat fast.CUTOMER SERVICE!.
One of the more stable jobs I've had
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC26 February 2018
I was fairly nervous when I got hired because my past three jobs had been temporary/seasonal positions. Thankfully this location was completely different! My three month probation came and went without even a peep from management.

I've been here for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. (Almost) everyone is like family to me. It's great coming to work and actually getting a long with my coworkers. Being able to talk to anyone like they're my friend is such a good feeling.

The only downside to this location is that more people seem to be leaving than management is able to hire so all the employees are stretched fairly thin.
Pros
friendly coworkers, great benefits, frequent raises
Cons
no job advancement
Company not progressing with social media trend
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 February 2018
Princess Auto is a company that is unwilling to move ahead and advance with the social media trends in order to service the up and coming consumer. Accountability is not on the forefront with coaching Leaders or associates alike.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no recognition
Merchandising
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2018
Staff are friendly. Hours were great. Not much more to say. Days go by fast. Flex hours which was nice to be done work early in the day to make time for other things.
not a great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 February 2018
staff is awesome but management are lazy and only follow corporate policy when it suits them.
the management lacks the basic skills to motivate its employees.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2018
You get good benefits but if you're part time you can only get them after 2 years and full time 6 months I believe. Management sucks and not enough people working shifts, constant complaints from costumers about no assistance provided by employees but management still doesn't do anything about it. Management complains about employees not doing anything but standing around and just chatting when managers do the exact same thing but rather than doing it out on the floor- they do it in the back where they're not seen for their entire shift. Customers make inappropriate comments to you and feel like its okay and theres nothing employees can do about it.
Benefits
Cons
Boring
productive fun well managed
Material handler / Receiver / Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 January 2018
the managers all have lots of information about their respective areas and everything runs smoothly on the floor. People get along well and everyone enjoys them selves there
Was a great place to work.
Hydraulic Technician/Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
After working for the company for 10 years, I needed a change. The company was fun and cool retail store to work for. Head office really helped its workers and really wanted everyone to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Auto. Our community is ready to answer.