Princess Auto Employee Reviews

good work
Cleaner (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON18 March 2019
easy and good work, good work environment with a great set of staff. start off with cleaning the floors and work our way up to the shelfs and tables. overall a great place to be to work and shop!
Sales Team Member
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON11 March 2019
At Princess Auto, my duties include: Cashing out customers, answering phones, help the customer and provide knowledge about products and make sure the customer leaves with a smile on their face, clean up the cash area, front face impulse section, send out orders, restock shelves, make upcoming event sales for the store and at the end of the night – count cashes with the Leader on Duty and dispose of broken goods.
Pros
Free lunch days, great co workers
Cons
Miscommunication sometimes
Team Leader Trainee (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 February 2019
This is the best company I've ever been with. They truly care about their employees. A sense of family amongst the team members. The overall pay and benefit package is one of the best in the industry.
awesome place to work retail
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 February 2019
The customers are the best at Princess Auto. You never have any angry clients. It's on your feet all day but you get use to it. The atmosphere is always happy.
Pros
great customers
Cons
on your feet all day
productive and fun place to work
Team Leader Trainee (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 January 2019
Team members and managment always work with you to ensure you have all the tools you need to do the job always something new coming and always have team meeting to find out previous days results
Pros
bonus every 3 mnths
Cons
na
Starts off good
FLOOR SALES (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 January 2019
Went from a great place to work to a place that just wanted to get as much as it could from its employees for as little as possible.Paying the minimum wage gets you the minimum effort from employees.
Cant trust store manager and people at head office
Sales team (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 December 2018
Did everything I can to make a fun place to work was told one thing from management and behind my back was talk about to other staff from management Head office and store leaders stabs you in the back
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Never trust upper management or store manager
Good Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 December 2018
Ok place to work the only negative thing i can say is that i was made to feel like i had to talk to and be friends with the other employees ( i work to make money not to make friends ) and to make Princess Auto the center of my life. The managers were really approachable and easy to talk to. A little overly concerned with how your doing everyday but i could deal with that.

Other then that if you want to go go go your whole shift then this is the place for you, I walked and average of 9km every 8 hours shift and i learned something new every day.
Pros
discount
Cons
even if someone else messed up in "your" aisle you have to take the blame
Its alright
Night Replenishment team (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2018
Job is fine. Benefits are great they also have profit sharing which is nice. Managers really play favorites though and I have been almost fired for "walking to slow" and that "my attitude needs to change" because I was having a rough week and didn't look thrilled to be at work.
Really Bad management and Supervisors at night
NRT (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 December 2018
You'll get paid $13 for working hard overnight while your supervisors get the credit for your hardwork.
Worst part of that is the supervisors will sneak out just to smoke while you're working.
useless to complain to store manager cause they'll never listen.
This is a dead end job.

P.S

Be very careful working with this supervisors specially at night shift, they can mess up your employment record, they talk bs behind your back if they don't like you.

Dartmouth #17
Pros
Awesome working with the employees
Cons
Supervisor's the worst backstabber ever
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 December 2018
Flexible schedule, health benefits and provides safety shoes. Discount card is very dangerous. You want to spend more than you earn. Management is great, potential of growth is there if you want to make Princess Auto your career.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
non
ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Leader, On2 December 2018
Been with Princess for over 8 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. I like going to work. I have been given many opportunities and have learned so much in just a few years. Their compensation is to me, more than fair with pretty good job security.
Pros
Fun work environment
Great place to work on merchandising.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK30 November 2018
WIth the changing needs of the customer in mind, they change their stock to best serve. Customers are helped in many of the departments by some very competent staff.
Favortism to much with team leaders and team members
Sales Associate and Cashier and tlt (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 November 2018
The team members run the building while the team leaders are hiding in the office and joking around while the team members are running around helping lazy team leaders never seen a place that has meetings every week don't bother asking the team leaders to get your back they never respond to your pages when they do it's too late and to much with some team members with Favortism to the team leaders and the air quality is dusty and dirty who knows when there vents were cleaned with the pipes if you look up in the vent you can see all the dust and dirt
Cons
Worst place i have ever worked at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 November 2018
Where do I start?
This place is a literal joke.
Work your a** off and get no recognition, leadership has their favourites the laziest people get rewarded and get promotions and the ones that work hard just get sh** on.
There is alot of bullying and work place harassment, be prepared to get yelled at ALOT.
I was getting minimum wage and doing the work of literally 5 people.
There are way better jobs out there that pay better and treat you better it's not worth it trust me.
Very Toxic work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 November 2018
Coworkers are great, Management are bullies and take advantage of staff every chance they get. They are quite clear that you are there to do their bidding and it does not mater what you think. That is what they call a team environment. It is not a difficult job, but the bullying makes it hard.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Management does not care about staff
Could be worse
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 November 2018
I've worked at worse places in my life but, Princess Auto is not as great a place to work as they like to think they are.

Actually, Princess Auto in the TORONTO AREA is not that great. Other stores, in other areas, seem to have happier workers (from what I've personally seen but, maybe not, based on reviews on here), so maybe that means their leadership isn't as bad, or the odd decisions by the home office don't bother them as much. I don't know.

Personally, I think the company was better back when the owner had more of a hand in things. These days, Princess Auto is very 'American' in the way they run things...profits matter more than people. The only constant in Princess Auto is 'change'. They change your shifts; they change your duties...nothing seems to last very long before it gets changed again.

'Advancement' might as well not even exist anymore, since they have slashed the number of Leaders in their stores. If you want anything higher than a Supervisor...good luck.

Again, I've worked at worse places in my life but, if someone were to ask me if Princess Auto was a "good place to work", I would have to answer "no". It fails on too many levels.

Best part of working there: my co-workers

Worst part of working there: the constant changes to shifts, and duties
Pros
Benefits after three months (for full-time workers); profit sharing after six months (half share), full share after a year.
Cons
You get jerked around a lot by management. They are constantly changing the way things operate, in an effort to justify their paycheques.
lots of room to grow with company
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2018
versatile workplace many things too offer. Good work environment. Always room for advancement. Paid benefits as well as PCT paid 40 hours. Was happy with the company but I need a change
Pros
paid benefits
Cons
shift work
good and bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2018
some of the managers were fantastic and some not so much. money really is their bottom line and they dont care if your sick or hurt always want you to work anyway
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 November 2018
Working here was a very interesting opportunity, there were lots of chances to move up and great benefit packages, and they genuinely treated their staff well.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Lots of stock

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Auto. Our community is ready to answer.