Princess Auto Employee Reviews

Excellent place of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 July 2018
The company was awesome, best place I have ever worked. I was a long term part-time employee. The atmosphere was great and there was room to grow personally and professionally. The pay was above average for retail work and the benefits were pretty good.
Pros
rsp contributions
The people are awesome
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 July 2018
Want to get that out of the way right off the bat. The people working Sales, warehouse and Cash, are great... for the most part. a couple of slackers, but management doesn't seem to mind. Work is doled out based on sex, so if you are a guy, you can expect some heavy lifting, if you're a female (except for a couple of stellar sales ladies) you're not required to lift heavy stuff.
Management does not follow company policy even though it repeatedly pointed out to them. Part timers are not compensated anywhere near the level of full timers. two years before you get any benefits.. where full time are after 3 months I believe.. Seriously??
Unions are frowned upon. When a few people tried to start one, they flew in a couple of HR hotshots from Winnipeg to dissuade it. talking about how bad unions are and other lies.
So if you want a job that barely pays above minimum wage, where management doesn't follow their own rules, and you're expected to work like a dog the whole shift, sign er up. you'll love it.
Pros
great people working there.
Cons
no consistancy, people are singled out, sexist...
work day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE4 July 2018
management was everywhere your told one thing then the next someone else is saying something else. hardest part is you stand all day. you meet nice people everyday but working with 4-5 mangers is hard
Best place ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB3 July 2018
Princess Auto has been the best place I have ever worked to date. Management is great and always willing to listen and help and put your ideas to work. Not sure about the other reviews people wrote but Princess Auto does everything they can to empower and grow their team members. From day one I knew this was the place for me me! Management strives for a clean and organized store and empowers employees to make decisions.
Pros
Great management, competitive pay, benefits
Cons
Retail does have times with grumpy customers
supervisors are awesome
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 June 2018
fun place to work at.
fellow co-workers are great. supervisors are very friendly.
good place because they give employee discounts. it really helps a lot!
Good workplace, assuming you have good management.
Receiving Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB25 June 2018
The culture of this company is a good one, but as soon as you get into a store that has bad management, it becomes a nightmare of working day in and day out with abusing management.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Heavy lifting, Tight Deadlines
Typical day at work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS17 June 2018
A typical day is receiving product, stocking shelves, greeting guests and helping them find what they are looking and most importantly giving them a good customer service experience.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Very small workplace
Great company
Floor Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 June 2018
The values of this company are great and its nice to see the growth of our company through the years. Management needs work, it shouldn't be intimidating to speak to a superior and those in the leadership roles shouldn't be able to abuse power without consequences.
Pros
great benefits and workplace culture
Cons
politics
Fun workplace, fun people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 May 2018
Princess Auto was a fun place to work, with lots of different people. I loved working with different people on different shifts, and it felt like a family. The customers were mostly very nice, and fun to serve. The most enjoyable part of the job would be just getting to know my customers, and co-workers. The toughest part of the job would have to be the physical labour, and working in the warehouse.
Pros
Fun Staff.
Cons
Working on Sundays.
I loved working there-9 years. Always felt like a member of a family.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 May 2018
The pay was good and the profit sharing great. I always felt like part of a team. I have many fond memories of times both at work and social events. My Princess Auto family helped me through some bad times like losing both parents just a month apart, adjusting my schedule to help me be able to stay working due to an illness and making sure I was ok since my husband lived in NJ. Since retiring I miss them. I still keep in touch with many.
Pros
Flexible schedule, profit sharing and friendly environment
Cons
Sometimes management did play favorities.
Overall I love the company
Day receiver/shipper (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 April 2018
Management it week and can’t agree on any problems the arise. Wants everyone to be a team player but has favourite employees/ friends. Doesn’t hold people accountable for continuously being late, extra long breaks
Pros
I enjoy some of the people
Cons
To many younger lazy children of all ages
It was a great experience setting up a brand new store, from start to finish. I really learn't alot
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 April 2018
Like I stated this was a great learning experience as we had to set every isle and every shelf up from scratch with attention to detail and category. The people were very nice to work with.
Pros
Great place to work with a great staff
Cons
low pay
Customer service provider (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
Great place to work! very accommodating for hours and always opportunity to work more hours. Customers are great to deal with and love working with them everyday!
Pays alright, but you won't be treated that well.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Team Member) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2018
While my boss was nice, the team of supervisors were biased, chose favourites, and overall would let some people get away with murder (longer breaks, not doing their work, talking badly about other team members, ect.), and would even take long breaks themselves, were late continuously, and we're generally not very approachable, though they claimed to be. As a company, their views and outlook are wonderful, and I felt supported and backed by the company as a whole, but the team leaders in there need some work, because they are all too immature and don't seem to care about what they're doing unless the boss is watching. Raising concerns never gets anything done, and people get away with way too much here.
Pros
Generally pays well, benefits are pretty alright, some team members treat you well.
Cons
Authorities pick favourites, unapproachable, insufficient training.
Great place!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 April 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about Princess Auto! They have incredible customer service, very accommodating, really care about their employees well being and safety.
Good benefits, bad management
Visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
Benefits are great, salary was competitive. Management is very corrupt and will ban together with other employees to bully you if you work full time and they dislike you.
Pros
quarterly profit sharing
Cons
poorly trained managers
Supply Chain Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 March 2018
Good work life balance.
Great opportunities to learn.
Fun place to work.
Serves the community.
Provides Royal service to customers.
Unique assortment.
Better value.
Excellent Company
Team Leader, Store (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2018
Great family company with great values. Treats employees with integrity, dignity, and respect. Fair work life balance. Management is approachable and fair.
Awesome place to work. Great people, with lots of opportunity for fun at work
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 March 2018
I have learned many aspects of leadership from the people I have worked with. Their is very much a family feel to the people across the company. This company works as a team across the country for 1 goal, 1 plan.
Pros
Great work life balance
many festivities.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  2 Executive Pl. Kitchener:Ont.28 February 2018
It: was a very good run working there had fun on the job and did work too.Only I left there was management changed and then started to get sour to work there.But overall it was a fun place to work.
Pros
very fun
Cons
sometimes had to eat fast.CUTOMER SERVICE!.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Auto. Our community is ready to answer.