Princess Auto Employee Reviews

What a place !
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 November 2017
My time working here was one of the most fun and best places to work. Staff were so easy going and so friendly. The customer service skills were exceptional along with management. Everyone was just so open, and i do regret leaving when i did !
Pretty decent company
Warehouse Shipper (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 November 2017
Good benefits and work environment, but lots of political drama; resulting in uncomfortable working environments.Loved the job for a few years and would have stayed longer if upper managment wasnt so shadey
benefits
Cons
drama
Fun place to work and benefits are second to none.
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 November 2017
I am passionate about the work that I do. Princess Auto has provided tremendous freedom and liberty to hone my skills as a Leader. When leading or managing a process, implementing safety & wellness Princess Auto has allowed me to always start from the ground up and the freedom to try new ideas and concepts.
Great Work Place
Cashier/ Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 October 2017
I've worked with Princess Auto since January, 2017 and I absolutely love it here! I have currently transferred from the brantford store to the Mississauga store and I still love the job. Great atmosphere and great people to work with.
Pros
free food
Cons
poorly staffed sometimes
working at PrincessAuto
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON16 October 2017
I find both management and staff at PrincessAuto great. My only regret is that I don't seem to be able to get on the full time roister. They treat both full time and part timers well.
Pros
respect from both management and staff
Tools and equipment of all shapes and sizes
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 October 2017
My first job out of high-school. lasted for three years with me and i learned almost everything the store has to offer. memorized item locations and proper use. taught other coworkers what i have learned.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor management or problem solving skills
Gateway to Building Work Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 October 2017
Got along with the Leadership Team, as well as my fellow coworkers at the time I was around. As long as you have the right attitude, work ethic, enthusiasm, give fair feedback about day-to-day operations around the store, and drive to fulfil the company's Royal Service model, they treat you like gold.

Starting wage is higher than just about any retail job.

Super accommodating of my other work life too.
Pros
Team Camaraderie
Cons
Repetitive Days
Great Company
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 September 2017
Princess Auto was a great company for me as a grew into many different roles.

Awesome benefits, pay could be improved on.

The companies values and beliefs are easy to get behind and follow.

I often regret leaving this company when I did. One of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Culture, People, Benefits
Cons
Pay
Too much for not enough
Evening Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2017
I feel that you work your a** off for nothing. Very poor pay, people are awesome only the people that you work with, management is poor! Again its a company that serves customers and a lot of the customers understand you and then again you get the Aholes too.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
poor pay break your back for nothing!
Positive workplace with terrible management and leaders
Night receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2017
If you've applied for the night receiver stock position, prepare yourself for a gruesome experience. Princess auto north location was probably the worst experience I've had and personally I think they wanted me out soon as possible. Don't get me wrong the co workers were great but managements expectations for 13 per hour was pure disgustingly off the roof. I mean, if you see yourself making 13-16 per hour for the rest of your life stocking shelves then this place is for you. Ha. Don't get me wrong a jobs a job but management in the north location lack in decision making but then again they get paid trash.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Okay place to work as a student
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2017
Princess Auto is like any other retail store minus the complexity of system. It is a fairly big store that tries to run a system of a small store. E.G no planogram, items have no permanent location hence workers will have to figure out and manage how and where to place received products from the warehouse. It goes without saying, tracking an item can end up becoming a pain if its not a promo item.

Management are often selected from the ranks. They are not what you would call a seasoned manager but some may have a talent for it. It is a hit and miss, some can lead, some cannot. Politics may be involved but if you are a lowly member, it may not be a problem for you.

On a team member level, you may find camaraderie. As for the management, you better be good at sucking up cause you will have to play ball.

The hardest part of the job, like any other retail store, are the customers if they chose to make your life hard for you. Otherwise, it can be the management as the store runs with multiple leaders that may tell you different things for the same thing which can have you changing something over and over again.

On a good day, you may be able to enjoy the job when you meet interesting people in-store and build a good rapport with your colleagues.
Co workers awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 August 2017
Management is a joke, family shouldn't be hired, Always hiring every few months it seems. I loved my co workers hated management. They do not know how to run a company
Pros
Profit sharing
Overall Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 August 2017
The only real complaint I have is that guests that come to princess auto sometimes have a tendency to act like royalty due to the motto 'no sale is final until you're satisfied'. Oh that and my training was warehouse when my job was sales rep.
great workers management is number driven
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary DC, AB28 July 2017
work culture is get in line or be invisible. Management says workers are important and they will go out of their way , but if you'er not in their plans ..good luck to you
benefits
Cons
management
team member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 July 2017
it was a wonderful job. the people i got to work with were amazing and knew a lot about what they were doing. the hours were great while i was in school and they included everyone in the company events.
Pros
company events, shift covers
Cons
not enough hours
A Great place to start and advance a career in customer service.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
A Great place to start and advance a career in customer service. Customer service skills are highly promoted and honed as well as the ability to multitask and work productively alongside a team always striving for excellence.
A Workplace with Great Coworkers, but Harsh Expectations.
Night Receiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
Princess Auto is great if you like meeting new people and creating new friendships. The team there is wonderful and friendly. But when compared to most retail jobs, the level of expectations and required hard work is much much higher. New team members are thrown to the wolves with little to no training and are expected to perform at the same level as somebody who has been working there for a few years. Having expectations is totally okay, but if you don't know what the expectations are then how are you supposed to do your job well?
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Bad Leadership
Good team member enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2017
Working with fellow team members is fun, majority are very nice and helpful, expected to do alot of different jobs on the day to day basis, always something new!
Run away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 July 2017
If the feeling at home office in Winnipeg extended to retail stores, this would be a great place to work.Very poor upper management.Lots of favoritism overlooking seasoned employees.Bullying abusive store manager
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Little pay for what you are expected to know
fun work place
Merchandiser and sales representive (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON26 June 2017
at princess auto a typical day is busy with lots to do but it is made fun by the fellow employees i accomplished a lot working here and gained a powerful work ethic.
Pros
good hours
Cons
very busy a times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Auto. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8