Princess Auto

Princess Auto Employee Reviews

For those that are interested in working at a tool store and have good knowledge on all sorts of tools and equipment then this is a good place for you.
Pros
Discounts on tools
You are not allowed to have a opinion on anything or you will get in trouble, they expect you to get a second full time job so you can pay your bills, leaves no time for the family
Cons
It was a really good place to work but something changed and things went down hill. Too many secrets, non-problematic employees always got in trouble for tiny stuff and those are very problematic (like most of the leaders) got a swat on the hand. Felt very devalued, and under appreciated. If you not in the “inner circle” with leaders, your treated poorly. And the end I felt so depressed, stressed and frustrated. Not a good place to work that’s for sure. And if you like it at the start, don’t worry it gets worse. At least at the red deer store.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible leaders, treated like poorly, no respect no, saxual harassment by customers
My only regret about working for Princess Auto is not finding them sooner.They take care of their people, we’re a big family. Great benefits, perks and profit sharing, tuition reimbursement.They empower their team to make their own decisions. Which is rare in retail. Our company is growing and changing every day. It’s really exciting to be a part of.I also have to tip my hat to their handling of the 2020 Pandemic. There were daily updates from our new CEO for months and he’s still sending weekly emails to the team. We received emails from the owners and board of directors. They’re constantly working to keep us safe. I’m not sure what the other commenter was talking about, we have cleaners in twice a day on top of team members sanitizing 3 times a day. We were provided with extra pay, extra profit sharing, an extra week paid time off on top of our annual week of sick days.We’re all taking this seriously from the top down. We will continue to do our best every day to keep our team and guests safe.
Pros
Benefits, pay, profit sharing, work boots and uniform provided, fun, busy fast paced
Princess auto was my second job ever. The first 3-4 Months were amazing and didn’t have many problems. I was given opportunities to show my worth and able to put a lot of work in to get another position in the store due to the need cause of Covid. Once there’s was a new hiring of a high up manager, things started to take a turn and it became a very toxic place to work and very biased based on who you were. I loved my fellow coworkers there but the management was the reasoning in why I left and the carefree attitude they had.
Pros
Good Relationships, Decent Break time’s
Cons
Management, Lack of responsibility upheld
Great company to work for. But needs a lot of more organization. The manager? Not sure what he does sometimes. Most of the seniors left that started with the company. Lots of turn around. Head office should look into. And cashiers not getting there breaks. Store 44
Pros
Ok
Cons
The company itself is good to work for. The manager of the moncton nb store would be dangerous if he had 2 clues to rub together!! Doesn’t seem like he cares about anyone but himself. We had a really good team but because of him the majority of them left. Not sure how he got the job but I’d like to know his secret. He definitely doesn’t have the proper people skills to manage a store with many employees.
Pros
Staff discount, profit sharing, employee parking, free uniforms.
Cons
Very poor management, favouritism.
The best part of the job is the culture. You really do feel like part of a family. The worst part is that it feels like there's a lack of cohesion and structure when implementing changes.
Pros
Profit sharing, great benefits, focus on employee engagement, fun culture
Cons
Head office positions constantly changing, profit sharing changed from quarterly to annual, pay starts out good but small raise increments
We worked hard but there was time for fun. Team get togethers were fun. Benefits were good. Flexibility was nice too. Team meetings at shift start to keep everyone informed.
Pros
Employee discount, events with food, contests/challenges, training
Super easy place to work, typical retail job. However the customers are all 60+ year old men that don't know how to use their ears & are completely unaware of everything going on around them. Pay is bad but benefits are ok. There is no mask policy in place and very minimal virus containment measures. All stores remained open during this COVID-19 pandemic and they appear to not care nearly enough to change policies. Customers are one of the worst parts of the job (a lot of them wear trump/pence shirts and hats just to make a political statement) and you will be treated like pond scum as everyone is super entitled. Everyone at the store is a complete rat, and will pass up any negative comments you make to management to get you in trouble. Too much butt-kissing & sucking up, completely unprofessional environment.
Pros
super easy
Cons
idiot, racist, bigoted customer base
Management consists of employees who should have never been promoted to a leadership position. Especially at the executive level. The company is not diverse and is a boys club. Dont waste your time here. They are not a family company like they claim.
The manager was disrespectful to the young coworkers. But some coworkers were very polite. Management was poor and break the rules of the workplace but write up an employee that breaks one rule if it is by accident or unintentional. Do not recommend working here.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
My time at princess auto will be a memory I never forget, the managers are amazing at what they do. I wish the company all the best in the future. Uh
Pros
Great staff, excellent management.
Cons
Bad location for public transportation
The work was fine but management is fighting between themselves on how to do the work and they will complain about employees in front of other employees.
A topical shift consisted of unloading trucks and moving products to the floor. Then you spend half your shift moving mistakes that were made. The overnight shift and day shift are always fighting each other and management doesn't seem to care.
Princess Auto is much more than I thought of when I first got hired. They are a very family oriented, for the people, type of business. They give you a lot of benefits when you are full time, profit sharing and we get a lot of Holiday off other business do not.
The company is built on a family atmosphere and is very inviting and considerate of your personal life. Pay could be better when they say they are competitive but other wise a good place to work. Job can be very boring at times.
Management makes you want to quit every single day. If you are a night shift worker you will be treated as a lesser than equal. Management will watch you like a hawk. Not worth the $1 premium they offer. What a joke of a company. They advertise you as a family but in reality it is more like a prison brotherhood. Full of cliques (even managers). Oh and watch your paystubs.
I am only a part-timer but the staff and management right up to the owners, really care about you and treat you with respect. We get employee discount, deferred pension and benefits.
I was constantly being bombarded at the front with huge lines and lengthy customer returns. Other staff members rarely would come and aid in reducing lines. Exceptionally rude customers. This is a hobby tool store, and people constantly use it for commercial and then will return absurd items. I was getting paid 12.00 an hour for people to yell at me while trying to support myself through university all the while management was treating us like this was our career. Some of the co-workers were good, but most left because of the negative work environment.
We had a well rounded, cooperative group of teammates who worked well with each other. A typical day consisted of helping customers as first priority, stocking shelves, setting up sales and displays. Our management was pleasant and involved. I felt like they genuinely cared about us. I truly enjoyed the comradarie.