Princess Auto

Princess Auto Employee Reviews

Canada321 reviews
Caring Environment
The company is built on a family atmosphere and is very inviting and considerate of your personal life. Pay could be better when they say they are competitive but other wise a good place to work. Job can be very boring at times.
Professional and helpful team
Love working and learning from the team. Great company activities. Work and life balance.
HR is very helpful and were able to answer any question that I had.
Terrible Management
Management makes you want to quit every single day. If you are a night shift worker you will be treated as a lesser than equal. Management will watch you like a hawk. Not worth the $1 premium they offer. What a joke of a company. They advertise you as a family but in reality it is more like a prison brotherhood. Full of cliques (even managers). Oh and watch your paystubs.
Awesome place to work
I am only a part-timer but the staff and management right up to the owners, really care about you and treat you with respect. We get employee discount, deferred pension and benefits.
Stressful & never enough staff
I was constantly being bombarded at the front with huge lines and lengthy customer returns. Other staff members rarely would come and aid in reducing lines. Exceptionally rude customers. This is a hobby tool store, and people constantly use it for commercial and then will return absurd items. I was getting paid 12.00 an hour for people to yell at me while trying to support myself through university all the while management was treating us like this was our career. Some of the co-workers were good, but most left because of the negative work environment.
Very pleasant experience to come to each day
We had a well rounded, cooperative group of teammates who worked well with each other. A typical day consisted of helping customers as first priority, stocking shelves, setting up sales and displays. Our management was pleasant and involved. I felt like they genuinely cared about us. I truly enjoyed the comradarie.
Great Co-workers and Company Events
At Princess Auto the co-workers are amazing. The company loves to celebrate the team members and their achievements and success. Good Place to work.
Great working environment
I really enjoy working here. The shift work is a bit much as you get split days off in order to get one weekend a month off. If you are flexible in your work life balance then this is the job for you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Princess Auto?
Good place to shop for automotive and hobbytools
Easy to get with interesting guests an staff.
Fun environment to work in even though you have to be professional

Team leaders are always helpful when needed.
Pros
Good perks and functions
Cons
Not enough full-time hours
typiclal retailer
same thing you get everywhere else except they pay you better for it management needs to get their stuff together the motto from head office is great but at store level it doesn't stick
Poor management
The manager of this store is extremely lazy. She has very little knowledge of the product in the store. She liked to buddy up with the younger staff members. Days are long. Constantly on your feet.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Management. Everybody is paid the same not matter how hard you work.
Great Culture, open leadership
Room to take on new challenges, learn and grow. A truly unique Canadian Company that empowers it's employees to make decisions that drive the business.
Fun but annoying
The Company is great for benefits and stuff, however the Employees get away with anything most times. It is a nice play to work but annoying for sure.
I miss working there it was my second job in Canada
At that time I was earning good money because the economy of this province was different in those days. All the managers were excellent people very helpful and supportive.
really fun place to work for
the team members and staff there are really good people, here supper friendly and great to deal with. i haven't had a issue working there at all. all its a good place to work at.
Doesn’t believe in its people.
Boys club all around if you are in the chosen few you are set for life drinking is a must at the functions or you are seen as a wimp leaders don’t care about you
Overall good place to work
Tlt managers need some work. Know what you are talking about. More hands on and less dictating. More cross training. Advancing should be on skills and qualifications rather than who they like.
good starting job but hard to move up
when I started 3 years ago I loved it. but in my time I have seen enough. unless you kiss a** you cant move up or else they have it out for you. management is getting very bad, making you do the work of 3 people for barley above min wedge and if you cant complete the task you get disapplied, the management treats you like a little kid who doesn't know anything and it is very favouritism based
Enjoyable place to work
Princess auto is a great place to work the Leaders are all fun to work with and willing to listen when you need anything. Training is very thorough and really prepares you for the job! Only downside is that customers can be condescending when asking questions only towards female associates.
Fast-Paced but Fun Environment
Great work culture and support from management. Plenty of opportunity to gain knowledge and improve skills. Friendly regular customer base with whom you can build relationships with.
Leadership really does permeate and affect the whole team
Management at that store in no way resembled what the corporate office promoted as their vision. The so called Team Leader (TL), was a person of very little prior work experience, who subsequently held that against any others who sought advancement whether or not they had days, months, or years of retail experience. The TL was obviously unable to critically think issues through (as to how to resolve questions, issues, etc.), but was full of 'sayings' which resolved nothing, nor provided room or freedom to work out situations to the benefit of the store, the team members, and ultimately the customers. The TL was very proficient in being critical of others though when dealing with them. The TL was in the habit of gas-lighting team members, by passing and holding onto a judgment (and it only took one), followed by constantly assessing, defining, and holding the associate in contempt no matter the issue. The TL's inability to resolve conflict issues, beginning with the TL's own issues, translated into a very demoralizing atmosphere. It was very disheartening to experience personally and watch other associates lose heart due to the immature manner in which associates were treated. Associates who had been at that store for many years often described the descent of managerial incompetency as being increasingly difficult to encourage them to remain employed there.
The TL promoted an associate to an TLT (team leader in training) who, as an associate disregarded company/store protocols which made it difficult for all other associates to maintain and attain to those very protocols. An
 - more...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Auto. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7