Primus Canada Employee Reviews

Great place to learn about the telecom industry.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 September 2017
A typical day involved analysing various G&A issues senior management may have in efficiently running the business. Became a better team player and worked closely with other departments.

The culture is very friendly and collaborative with a lot of emphasis on team building and group activities. Work diligently and have fun while getting the job done.

Certain processes could have been automated but wasn't which is unfortunate but it is what it is.

I particularly liked filing the commodity taxes and representing the company at the CRA.
Pros
Free coffee, free parking, discounted telecom services
Cons
did not provide increases on a regular basis
Inbound and customer service
Customer Service/ Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmundston, NB26 June 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. This was actually my first job that I ever had and loved it. Had great co workers and the staff were very helpful.
Environnement produtif et agréable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmundston, NB17 June 2017
Bonjour,

Je tiens à vous dire que mon expérience chez Primus a été très bonne parce que nous avions toujours la chance d'apprendre, nous avions la réponse à nos questions. Apprendre pour moi est toujours bienvenue.
Pros
Gens gentils en général, bonne équipe
Cons
Pour moi c'était de ne pas avoir les meilleures stats.
wonder fun place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Edmundston, NB31 May 2017
Within this job I learned a lot of communication skills the job was customer service taking and making calls to customers, answering billing questions to applying credit or adjustments, and general questions regarding there account or accounts.

-Customer service representative
-Senior customer service rep
-Cell phone department/repair
-Answering caller’s questions like billing and troubleshooting phone service,
-Adding features removing features.
Pros
flexible hours
Loved the challenges Primus brought to the table
Manager, Priority Client Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 February 2017
Primus is a good Telecom company to work for. They are willing to train you on your weaknesses and help you through any issues you are unsure of. The only issue with Primus is the work life balance. This is not something they observe. They are more focused on KPI's than the employee
Pros
Training
Cons
Work life balance
Good place to work except no yearly raises
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
It is a fun place to work. Employees are friendly and welcoming.
There is some sort of organization although it is not to the level of a big company.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no yearly raises
Environnement chaleureuse et ambiance comme une famille
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Edmundston5 January 2016
Une journee chez Primus n'est jamais pareil d'une journee a l'autre. Tout dépens habituellement du volume d'appel que l'on recoit durant la journee et la nature des appels. L'ambiance chez Primus est tres agreable. On a parfois l'impression que c'est comme une grosse famille et lorsqu'on a de bons resultats on est recompenser, ex: diner pizza, certificats cadeaux, etc... L'aspect le plus difficile de ce poste est de parler pour 7 heures par jour au telephone et parfois faire face a des clients en colere lors de situations de crises. L'aspect le plus agreable est que se n'est pas trop physque et generalement j'aime bien parler a des gens qui viennent d'endroits variées du Canada. Les patrons sont gentils et ils sont egalement flexible ce qui est bien. Ils sont ausi excellent pour ce qui est de l'entrainement. On a jamais l'impression d'etre seul.
Pros
recompenses
Consistently Busy
Tech support for internet service (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON27 November 2015
A growing internet provider that strives to offer the best possible service with low prices. Primus is growing and expanding with different technologies for its customers.
Enjoyable work place with hardworking dedicated employees
Risk Management/Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 November 2015
Enjoyable work place, with hardworking dedicated employees. I have learned so much in my 15 years here at Primus. I thoroughly enjoy the investigative part of my job and have increased my knowledge of credit adjudication
Pros
fun group of people, the hours
Cons
lack of salary increase
customer service
Business Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto ont.9 October 2015
Working in a customer service environment answering calls and emails. Problem solving and providing resolutions for customers on a daily basis.

Want to know more about Primus Canada?

Ask a question
Productive and a fun place to work
Account Executive/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 May 2015
Good environment. friendly managers and supervisors. good place to learn and to get better at being a good account manager
Pros
Flexible
Cons
not enough communication between employees and managers
i love
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2014
Customer service / sales representative - Primus Canada Feb 2014 - Present

• Sell Costco Executive members high-speed internet, home phone and long distance bundles
• Provide exceptional customer service when dealing with complaints, returns and enquiries
• Ensure all contracts are filled correctly and keep audit trail of customer documents
• Exceed weekly targets by 18% and sell 20 contracts valued $1800 per week
• Honored with "Star team player of the month " for exceeding sales target by 23% in May 2014
• Maintain good relationship with managers and work in a team to ensure all sales targets are achieved
Wonderful
Hyperion Enterprise/Great Plains Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario3 June 2014
I enjoyed my tenure.

Had a very inspiring and supportive boss that I reported to.

My coworkers were very pleasant and easy to get along.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
good place to work but very stressfull
Customer service/Collector (Current Employee) –  Edmundston, NB20 April 2013
Loved working at primus as it has great benefits and a good salary but at the end of the day I was stressed due to the negativity of this job
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
short lunch hours and stressful work
Not secure. high turn-over
Provisioning Escalations Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke10 March 2013
Great pay, but lack job security. High turn over because company is not doing well. Also, they will give you work to do that previous employee (they laid off) was getting pai double than you. their way of minimizing cost.
Pros
potlocks, games, events
Cons
no job security, workload doesnt match pay
Lots of room to grow within the company, great management teams
PRICING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 November 2012
Everyday was something new. Daily new Special pricing requests from the corporate sales teams kept me on my toes. I learned to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a fast paced environment.
The hardest part of my job was was to find and contact outside suppliers to confirm there services. I enjoyed that everyday was something to to learn about the telecome industry
Pros
great people
The company does not respect it's employees
sales (Former Employee) –  ottawa20 July 2012
The company does not respect it's employees, harassment if a daily occurrence. Training in sub-standard, yet demands are high.

Overall, good product, company needs improvement.