Primerica

Canada20 reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,147 reviews
financialfinancedebtrecruitfinanciallycommissionincomelicense

Employee to Business Owner

Primerica allows someone to start working for themselves and not for an employer. Start building your business for you family and your legacy! You will have mentors and teachers every step of the way to grow and build your business. Taking someone with no experience in finances and change there life is absolutely incredible!

It's a great place with a lot of great people.

I've truly enjoyed everything that Primerica offers from start to finish, the best thing is going to sleep at night knowing that the products and services I offer people are designed to truly help them.

Pros

Make your own hours, set your own schedule.

Cons

You can't always convince people that your trying to do right by them.

Insights into Primerica

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive and Motivating Environment

Great environment to learn about finances and building a business. Everyone is very helpful and motivating. It is a team environment and you are encouraged to work hard.

Best place to learn entrepreneurship

Great leadership training. Very helpful products and services. Non-traditional business model. Publicly traded in NYSE. Very credible company. Free trips when you build your business. No politics. You are your own boss.

Excellent Opportunity

Great training involved before and after licensing. A lot of coaching and help offered. Company is reputable and always do what's right for the client.

If I Work Hard I Will Be Compensated

In 1984 I was diagnosed with an illness and as a result could not return to university. I worked at menial jobs most of my life, washing dishes, delivering pizzas, call center, etc. I initially joined Primerica in 2002, but developed an attitude because my trainer failed to call any of the ten people I prospected. This wasn't the fault of the company it was just my trainer wasn't very good. The next time I got involved with Primerica was in 2011. Again, I developed an attitude and I left. Both times I had paid for and signed an IBA. When I first joined I was 39 years old. I will be turning 56 in a month and wish I had of stayed with Primerica for my own financial health. I have not saved any money in my 56 years of life and I have very little. I joined Primerica for the third time in September of 2018, I passed my life license certification on the first try, something I thought I could never do. I was shocked! I am now life licensed with my province of residence and I am in the process of building my business and I really want to help people become financially independent. I put some money aside in investments and am waiting on a twenty year term insurance contract for myself. I'm older now and happily married to a beautiful woman. I just wish I hadn't allowed my attitude to take me out back in the day. I would have been so much healthier, financially, than I am now. At the time of this writing I am the top new rep for my province in sales and I'm very proud of my accomplishments. It's been said that anyone can do this business, but not everyone will. I hope to be financially -

Pros

Getting dressed up to go to work, positive work environment, opportunity to learn about finances, compensation, recognition and many more...

Cons

Why didn't I start sooner?

Awesome Opportunity

If you are willing to put in the effort, this is an amazing place to work. Everyone supports each other and are keen to help you succeed. You are paid commission, so if you don't do work helping people, you don't make money. Products and services are geared to the middle class family and are designed to help them, not take advantage of them. The company is full of good people trying to help good people. If your looking for a positive place to work and make a difference. This is the place.

I loved the people I was working with

It is commission based, I loved the people but didn't have the network. They believe in what they do and they try to get to everybody who is in need of their advise.

Nothing better

I have yet to find a better opportunity that has it all. From a work-life balance, Meaningful purpose, crusade, training, staff, fellow reps, leadership teams, compensation, bonuses, business plan, promotions, morals, ethics.

Pros

Cons

You are totally in control. Most people have a challenge with self time management, and accountability.

Super exciting, positive atmosphere to work in!

I highly recommend this place if you are any type of entrepreneur looking to expand in strenth, positivity and acceptance beyond what you imagine. This career will take you as far as you want to take yourself!

Pros

Positive, own it, live on your own time, huge capabilities to grow a business!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Primerica?

Helping Families become debt free and financially independent

Amazing company to work for. Teaches you everything you need to know about money. Helps people being debt free and financially independent. Pays well.

Great company & service to people

The company serves a valuable need; helping main street families get educated about financial planning. I've learned a lot and grown through my experience Highly recommend work here, though you do need a warm market of potential clients or it can be challenging to replace income of a FT job.

Pros

Personal and professional development

Cons

Speaking to people about financial planning is a tough conversation to start

Amazing Education

This company provides you with the support to learn and grown personally as well as financially. The company is growing and expanding and always looking for good people who are looking to serve others.

Pros

Financial Education

Cons

Lots to learn

Great people, great environment

Hardest part is stepping out the door or picking up the phone, but you have the strength of a team with years of industry knowledge there to assist for any questions. Best part of the job; knowing you are doing the right thing to help people get on track for their financial future.

Education Company

Great positive people to work with. Check your problems at the door.Education on the finaces.Management is there to work with.Finding clients is the hardest part. Helping people reach financial freedom with there analysis.

Pros

Work hard and get payed well.

Cons

Don't work and no pay.

Great atmosphere of people, perfect job for the right person.

A very driven, and coachable person will do very well for themselves at any Primerica base shop. It is difficult getting your business going and growing, but those that put the time and energy into building, are rewarded financially. A lot of emphasis is put on new recruits to work towards earning a 6 figure income, which is very attainable, for the right kind of motivated person.

Pros

You get what you put in.

Cons

You get what you put it.

Interesting and rewarding

Very interesting job. This is because one gets to meet different people from all walks of life with different financial needs. The satisfaction comes when a family is properly insured at the right cost and has savings for emergencies or future plans. Its also very rewarding especially with paid trips. Everyone is willing to help and there is always excitement (a lot of high fives and ovations) especially when one hits a milestone. Its a lot of hard work especially when you have to speak to a lot of people. One learns patience and patience is a virtue.

Pros

Constant training and updates

'n

management is amazing learned a lot of swell things about helping families with their finances

Help families be debt free, properly protected and financially independent and the management of recruits.

A day at work would usually pass by with a lot of phones calls to applicants, recruits, clients and the manager. I would typically talk to applicants about what the job was about, conduct on-the-phone interviews, call them in for face-to-face interviews and conduct the interviews myself. I would also call recruits to remind them of the jobs that they need to carry out in order to be promoted. Clients that need help would usually call me at my office and I would be a customer service representative. At the end of the day, i would report to the manager about any issues that I am not sure of. I learned that it is a very complicated job with a lot of responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was to actually deal with angry clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was to conduct interviews, where i learned about the experiences of different people who applied for the job.

Pros

encouraging environment where you can build your own business

Cons

commission-based

Exciting work places

A typical day at work would consist of families thanking me for saving them time, energy, and money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement