Primerica

Insurance Agent19 reviews
Canada19 reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,152 reviews
financialfinancedebtrecruitfinanciallycommissionincomelicense

I loved being apart of it and the work gave help and insight to people, so they could make the best decisions

The work was very personally rewarding and fulfilling. It is a self employment opportunity, so the stress is there to succeed. The education and training is great.

Pros

Great people, truly help people, well trained, you make a difference

Cons

Being self employed is not for everybody, 100% commission based

Independent work

Have to be self-motivated to succeed. Great incentives to work your client portfolio. Support is available and there is recognition from your upline that helps stay motivated.

Insights into Primerica

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

emphases on recruiting, recruiting, recruiting!

all they wanted was your warm market; field training was with your warm market; high-pressure cold calling and 'Financial Wellness workshops' only other option. company does not give leads. emphases on recruiting, recruiting, recruiting! Training only as good as your 'up-line' can teach.

It’s commission... work harder, get paid more

My RVP , now NSD was great... My RVP now is good as well They are very supportive My hardest part is doing cold market recruiting .... too shy to do it.. I like this company as they don’t require a quota.... and I hope it will remain like that as I have my day job I am keeping my Primerica license for a future job after I retire, hopefully in three years

Great People

The people I have met are great! The knowledge I have obtained and new things I have learned make me appreciate every time I go into my office. The company is always trying to push it's people to do better!

Pros

Outgoing Co-workers

Cons

Slow Sales Weeks/Months

very fun place to work !

Very competitive and fast paced industry learned lots about different insurances that are available. need to have a large social networking system to be successful in this industry . staff are very helpful and want to see you succeed you can work at your own pace

productive workplace

Helpful and encouraging people to do the best in order to satisfy the needs of the clients. Offered trainings to boast representatives confidence and self esteem.

Truly Awesome

You could not ask to be apart of a greater work community and better people to meet. The atmosphere and culture is truly second to none. And the opportunity to help others and being paid to do so.

Pros

freedom, salary and the people

Cons

Can't convince everybody and can't help everybody

Good

I tried to get licensed in December 2016 but failed to pass one of the four required licensing exams (segregated funds and annuities). I went back last year to get licensed in December 2018 and passed all of the exams.

100% commission

the job had 100% commission and no base pay... This resulted in me not earning any money... They needed me to sell to complete strangers and also to my friends and family... I did not know anyone in Canada at that time and so did not make much sales.

Pros

good boss

Good enviroment

I liked working in Primerica. it was fun to work with good people and software system was also very user-friendly. Overall it was good to work with Primerica.

Insurance and Investment Consulting

Learned a lot of Financial and Investment knowledge Loved working with people serving their investment and insurance needs. Enjoyed meeting lots of new people

good environment, commission based

Commission based, significant process before actually getting to a position to make money. good environment, opportunity to make a great living is available.

Great team and advancement opportunities

Flexible Hours, Continuous learning within company, excellent coaches and executives who care and want to help you achieve your goals by giving you tips and suggestions.....the job is very flexible and you get what you put into it. Most enjoyable part is going out and meeting people and helping them make sound decisions with their investments for the future.

Pros

company perks

Cons

none really

Sky is the limit

Helps you build reliable business; You have to find clients yourself but they train you on ways to find good clients in order to be succesful. Incentiaves are amazing

Pros

sky is the limit

Cons

must be zilling to work hard

Financial Planner

Independent position within the life insurance industry. Financial planning, disability, smart loans, prepaid legal.

nice people

9 am morning meetings, learn about financial concepts. call people and try to get more clients. go to meeting with possible clients. no start time or end time. you are on your own time. And no pay, commission only. and its only one time commission. But you do get a license to practice in financial world. Not my thing because I do not want that kind of career. I enjoy stability.

Pros

nice people, positive environment.

Cons

long hours. commissio, no pay

MLM life insurance and investment firm

Be your own boss, flexibility is key. There are a lot of training. Luckily, the company provides.

Pros

you're your own boss.

Cons

not always easy to sell life insurance.

Fun experience at the kitchen table

Started after work (late afternoon to early evening) a good attitude, attend meetings, make appointments .You can manage your own time, call and set for appointments for warm markets. It's pretty exciting at the kitchen tables. Selling is the best part. You need to be guided and follow company's compliance . Your upline is your lifeline. Upline must be supportive and be honest. Recruiting is quite easy but frustration comes after the recruit failed to pass the exam for licensing. Hardest part is when you can't recruit, no market at all. The best part is you must be consistent in finding markets, recruit and get license so your business will expand. You need to master recruiting to become successful . This is only a part time for me.

Pros

hardworking

Cons

no appointment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement