Primerica

Financial Advisor34 reviews
Canada34 reviews

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,147 reviews
financialfinancedebtrecruitfinanciallycommissionincomelicense

Education that changed my life and finances

Signed up to manage my familes money. Now manage several friends accounts and recieving more through referrals. Great way to recieve passive income. Something for everyone in this company.

Fun workplace and meet and talk to people

I have learned a lot of self development which is the key to this kind of business. You have to be self motivated and learn a lot from people. Learning about clients present situations will give you a better idea of the kind of product to sell the. We educate people in terms of insurance and finance.

Insights into Primerica

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Comission and team work

A typical day at work woul be to answer the phone, making an update with the clients about the upcoming appointments. Complete client files. Update with the homeoffice about the clients products. Set some appointments for interviews. Prepare the files that are going to have to be files by the client. Finished the work at the office or at home and plan the next day.

.good company to work for

Great company to learn sales from. I've been part time supplement ing my income for a few years now and it has been very beneficial to me and I have learned incredible sales techniques during my time in Primerica.

You've got to work hard

You've got to work really hard when you start up at Primerica. Your salary is not guaranteed. You've got to work for what you get but if you've got the patience it's the job for you.

Not bad

Work along side a financial advisor while attending weekly classes in the job and it’s different ways of dealing with customers. Attended work trips to Niagara and different places in Ontario

Primerica is amazing

Life with primerica as a business as a part time job is very beneficial in the long term because you can literally build a business within a business without any experience, they will provide the training all you have to do is be willing to actually learn

Fun Workplace, But Tough Clientelle

Multi-level marketing has a poor reputation and is often referred to as a scam. However, making some money on the side with this is a good investment, in my opinion. If you like social interactions and leaving your comfort zone every now and then, then this may be a potential interest for you. Though, there is a catch to any sale you make (for example, a life insurance policy sold). If the client/policy-holder cancels the policy within the first 18 months, then any bonus that you made from that sale is pulled back from your financial account.

Productive and fun and lots to learn

I have learned how to be financially independent, make a plan for my finances. Everybody willing to learn is welcome. Hardest part is teaching the unteachable clients. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and hearing their stories and how I have helped them move forward.

Pros

free training

Cons

no work no pay

Financial consultant

- Enjoyed helping customers get out of debt - start a savings plan -get RRSP's in place - do investment risk assessments - set up investment portfolio

Pros

help families financially

Cons

was all commissioned based

A wonderful, friendly environment that allows you to be yourself

I thoroughly enjoy working at Primerica. It is like family and is the only place that allows you to work with whom you want(including you having a partner work with you), when you want, how often you want, where you want(as long as your licensed). You work from the office, at home and see clients in their homes or at the office. You recieve all the training you need. Although you are an independant contractor, you are never alone in your journey.

Pros

the ability to grow your team and business as much as you want.

Cons

must be a motivated person

Good learning experience

This position is great for someone who likes to work their own hours at their own pace to move up the ladder. It is slightly difficult to build a client base, but it rewarding once conducted successfully.

You have control of your time and salary

- possibilities of unlimited salaries and promotions- commission based- yourself is your own boss- room to develop in adjusting to the diversities of the community

Pros

you have your own time

Cons

competitive environment

Financial Advisor

Licenced in both Canadian Securities and Life Insurance. Independently employeed. Great to work in self employment with great potential. Requires motivation to obtain new clientel

Pros

No quotas to obtain

Cons

Not a regular paying job

Great Positive Environment

I really value a positive environment and Primerica has given me that. Management and teammates are a great support to move forward towards your career advancement. It is a great opportunity to learn about how money works, entrepreneurship and building relationships. It requires to self-improve, therefore a high commitment to change, to stay focus and be disciplined. This is what most people struggle with and leave. They do not leave because of the company, they quit on themselves not being able to be disciplined to reach their potential.

Primerica

Primerica has one best working environments I have worked in. It encourage people to bring the best out of themselves. The colleagues would encourage you to do better. Seniors teach and guide new ones ways to achieve their goals,

Pros

Flexible time

Cons

Purely Commission based

Not Illegal, But Deceptive

The company boasts thousands of agents due to the fact that they recruit everyone regardless of talent or aptitude. They will only promote you if you recruit more people for their branches. The very definition of a pyramid-like business. It is definitely not a scam because they will pay and do what they say they will do, however everything is based on the participant. 100% Commission and you are left to find your own clients.

Pros

High Earning Potential

Cons

100% Commission, No Client Referral.

Very fun place to work and learn many things. Lots of great conferences throughout the year. You are able to help many families become financially independent.

really fun work place

I liked working there because the people there respected me and where interested in helping me and helping the organisation become better. People were selfless and were always ready to answer ur questions.

Good learning experience

good experience to work, good environment, stuff are nice.enhance your mental toughness and learn a lot about finance.

Good place to work - lots of learning

Need to have funds behind or start part time will take a good two years to get a client base. A long term commitment needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement