Primerica Employee Reviews

Found 222 reviews matching the search See all 2,902 reviews
Awesome Opportunity
Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2019
If you are willing to put in the effort, this is an amazing place to work. Everyone supports each other and are keen to help you succeed. You are paid commission, so if you don't do work helping people, you don't make money. Products and services are geared to the middle class family and are designed to help them, not take advantage of them. The company is full of good people trying to help good people. If your looking for a positive place to work and make a difference. This is the place.
Productive and fun and lots to learn
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2019
I have learned how to be financially independent, make a plan for my finances. Everybody willing to learn is welcome.

Hardest part is teaching the unteachable clients.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and hearing their stories and how I have helped them move forward.
Pros
free training
Cons
no work no pay
Some Good Some Greedy
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 October 2018
If you have the right coach/leader then the job is great, but it all depends on what you want to be there for. There are leaders that are just there to help people,and do the job properly. There are leaders that want to help people, but don't follow the company rules, or just plain cheat the system. Then there are the leaders that are like the 2 above just change "help people" with: in it for the money. Lastly you could get a leader that has no idea what they are doing, and completely mess up your standing in the company. So all in all just be careful of the leader you get. It is a good company, with plenty of chances for advancement.
Pros
Great prizes for hard workers
Cons
Time management is hard to get used to
Disillusioned Experience
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2018
They are not honest when they hire. Lots of hype but not allowed to ask any negative questions.

The Charge backs are not explained until later after you get licensed and not even fully unless one prods heavily to get the information.

The manipulation is cult like.

Rah rah rah... with no reality to it.

Every policy I sold cancelled and I had to pay it all back. Made no money in three months and they still send me requests to pay back.

I spent my gas money, my time, my efforts to get a list of my friends and they get it all when I am gone. It is a great scam.

As a newcomer we need income to survive. Yet the trainers get the most pay for my customers. I get the least. Upside down. This system is only made to feed the uplines.
Pros
Products are fine
Cons
System sucks
Inspiring, Motivating and Groth encouraging environment
District Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK9 January 2019
Exciting, Positive environment, Has room for me to grow. Helping others. Motivational atmosphere and recognition for achievements. Promotions and recognition
Pros
Self development work place w high compensation package
Cons
N/a
Great Business Opportunity
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 October 2018
I love working with Primerica. I have for 4 years now, and plan to continue. It is not for everyone, but it is a great business opportunity for those who have great people skills, and are hard workers. If someone is not a motivated person, they will not be suited.
work on your own time and effort
DISTRICT LEADER PART-TIME (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2019
Commission based but overall, its a good place to be with especially if you're working for the people and not by the people. you decide on your own pace, no hassle, be competitive and the rest follows.
Financial company to assist main street people
Sales networking (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
main focus of this company is to help main street families to get out of debt and retire early. The company focuses on helping create wealth by offering products based on your needs.
Extremely fulfilling, with unlimited growth potential.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 February 2019
Can’t say enough about how great a company Primerica is! From always doing what’s right for their clients, to taking care of their agents, first class company all the way.
Good
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC17 January 2019
I tried to get licensed in December 2016 but failed to pass one of the four required licensing exams (segregated funds and annuities). I went back last year to get licensed in December 2018 and passed all of the exams.
Dont quit your job until you have a steady pool of clients
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 January 2019
My Husband and I were a partnership, he worked for 2 weeks collecting names and numbers for recruit and for clients....he only got paid $89 for it all, even with his License.
I was on 1 year temporary contract
Bilingual Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
It was very interesting opportunities and i have learned to sell insurance in less than 4 months but my tasks were related to the administration services
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nothing better
Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 August 2018
I have yet to find a better opportunity that has it all. From a work-life balance, Meaningful purpose, crusade, training, staff, fellow reps, leadership teams, compensation, bonuses, business plan, promotions, morals, ethics.
Pros
Cons
You are totally in control. Most people have a challenge with self time management, and accountability.
Compensation was fair
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 July 2018
Toughest task was to establish trust between your client and you. There are many people in need of financial planning but asking others to put their money in your hand isn't something normal. It takes tremendous time to establish relationships and strong professional expertise is also the key.
Pros
get paid based on commission base, rather than fixed income
Cons
no fixed income at all
The best opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2019
Primerica is the best vehicle for entrepreneurs to meet their goals; they offer flexibility you choose your hours. The hard work you put in dictates your pay
Greatest Opportunity
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2018
You most definately get out what you put in. So glad that my husband and I joined the Primerica team our lives have never been the same since. 5 stars!!! Hardest part is getting in front of new people!!!
Pros
Freedom of time
Cons
Finding like minded indivuals
Fast paced bilingual call center.
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2018
Good company to gain Life Insurance experience. Good management,diversified colleagues. The most fulfilling part of the job was to assist both customers and sales agents.
The perfect place to work
REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2018
The best place to rocket high your communication and leadership skills. It has the best managers I've ever met. Extremely friendly environment. Transparent.
Fun and exiting career for the right person
INSURANCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON21 August 2018
Learned a lot about managing money and how money and investing works, a long with mortgages and life insurance. A great fit if you are someone who enjoy talking with people. Hardest part for me was doing presentations alone.
A great atmosphere
Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 October 2018
I worked as an occasional assistant and helped to organize offices and files, as well as prepare for large meetings and events. The atmosphere in the building was very positive and inclusive.