Primerica Employee Reviews

Found 210 reviews matching the search See all 2,767 reviews
Great Business Opportunity
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 October 2018
I love working with Primerica. I have for 4 years now, and plan to continue. It is not for everyone, but it is a great business opportunity for those who have great people skills, and are hard workers. If someone is not a motivated person, they will not be suited.
Some Good Some Greedy
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 October 2018
If you have the right coach/leader then the job is great, but it all depends on what you want to be there for. There are leaders that are just there to help people,and do the job properly. There are leaders that want to help people, but don't follow the company rules, or just plain cheat the system. Then there are the leaders that are like the 2 above just change "help people" with: in it for the money. Lastly you could get a leader that has no idea what they are doing, and completely mess up your standing in the company. So all in all just be careful of the leader you get. It is a good company, with plenty of chances for advancement.
Pros
Great prizes for hard workers
Cons
Time management is hard to get used to
A great atmosphere
Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 October 2018
I worked as an occasional assistant and helped to organize offices and files, as well as prepare for large meetings and events. The atmosphere in the building was very positive and inclusive.
Disillusioned Experience
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2018
They are not honest when they hire. Lots of hype but not allowed to ask any negative questions.

The Charge backs are not explained until later after you get licensed and not even fully unless one prods heavily to get the information.

The manipulation is cult like.

Rah rah rah... with no reality to it.

Every policy I sold cancelled and I had to pay it all back. Made no money in three months and they still send me requests to pay back.

I spent my gas money, my time, my efforts to get a list of my friends and they get it all when I am gone. It is a great scam.

As a newcomer we need income to survive. Yet the trainers get the most pay for my customers. I get the least. Upside down. This system is only made to feed the uplines.
Pros
Products are fine
Cons
System sucks
Fast paced bilingual call center.
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2018
Good company to gain Life Insurance experience. Good management,diversified colleagues. The most fulfilling part of the job was to assist both customers and sales agents.
I loved the people I was working with
Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 September 2018
It is commission based, I loved the people but didn't have the network. They believe in what they do and they try to get to everybody who is in need of their advise.
good learning for someone new in the industry however not a long term opportunity
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
good place to get licensed for the industry
compensation is higher outside of Primerica.
Limited products.
Higher focus and pressure to recruit new agents.
Greatest Opportunity
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2018
You most definately get out what you put in. So glad that my husband and I joined the Primerica team our lives have never been the same since. 5 stars!!! Hardest part is getting in front of new people!!!
Pros
Freedom of time
Cons
Finding like minded indivuals
Fun and exiting career for the right person
INSURANCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON21 August 2018
Learned a lot about managing money and how money and investing works, a long with mortgages and life insurance. A great fit if you are someone who enjoy talking with people. Hardest part for me was doing presentations alone.
productive and fun workplace
Primerica Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 August 2018
non-toxic work environment
nice people
training was provided
needs to understand people's schedules at times
casual and environment
can meet new people everyday
Environnement de travail productif et agréable.
Travailleur indépendant offrants des services (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 August 2018
Une expérience très utile dans une vie.
Travailler à son propre rythme de son.
Nothing better
Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 August 2018
I have yet to find a better opportunity that has it all. From a work-life balance, Meaningful purpose, crusade, training, staff, fellow reps, leadership teams, compensation, bonuses, business plan, promotions, morals, ethics.
Pros
Cons
You are totally in control. Most people have a challenge with self time management, and accountability.
Positive, energetic revolunary environment
Independent Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 July 2018
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow to your highest potential, Primerica is a vehicle that can take you there. Building a clientele is the most challenging aspect of the dream.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
The general difficulty of sales .
excellent company to represent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 July 2018
My husband and I operated a self employed sales agency with a lot of travel and rewards where compensation was based on your performance. Very professional.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Commission
Fun and laid back work atmosphere
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2018
Fantastic working environment and great people. The culture at dell has always been customer focused. I have learned a great deal working here and continue to learn every day.
Pros
great working enviornment
Cons
rarely any team events
Compensation was fair
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 July 2018
Toughest task was to establish trust between your client and you. There are many people in need of financial planning but asking others to put their money in your hand isn't something normal. It takes tremendous time to establish relationships and strong professional expertise is also the key.
Pros
get paid based on commission base, rather than fixed income
Cons
no fixed income at all
Amazing team work environment.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
All representatives and leaders are there to help employees grow and succeed. The environment is always positive and constructive. Choosing your own hours and work load make it an ideal part time or full time job.
100% commission
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 May 2018
the job had 100% commission and no base pay... This resulted in me not earning any money... They needed me to sell to complete strangers and also to my friends and family... I did not know anyone in Canada at that time and so did not make much sales.
Pros
good boss
Worst company to work for
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 April 2018
Culture is meh...you have to do things you're uncomfortable with when getting new people to come on board.I had to sacrifice a few friendships. I'm glad I don't work there anymore.
Pros
positive attitude
Cons
commission based salry
Je conseil d'au moin rencontré un représentant !
Représentant (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC21 April 2018
Lorsque le conseillé est venu chez moi je me disait "bonn un autre vendeux de patante pyramidal"
Mais apres avoir vue le concept est avoir bien compris comment ca fonctionnais je suis tomber en amour avec l'entreprise, leur valeurs, leur principes de toujours élever les autre pour se lever nous meme ! J'ai tellement évolué en tent que peraonne également! J'etais tres renfermé super gêné pi je m'ouvre de plus en plus ! Cest impossible d'échouer chez primerica on ne peux qu'abandonné .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2