Primerica Employee Reviews

good learning for someone new in the industry however not a long term opportunity
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
good place to get licensed for the industry
compensation is higher outside of Primerica.
Limited products.
Higher focus and pressure to recruit new agents.
Greatest Opportunity
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2018
You most definately get out what you put in. So glad that my husband and I joined the Primerica team our lives have never been the same since. 5 stars!!! Hardest part is getting in front of new people!!!
Pros
Freedom of time
Cons
Finding like minded indivuals
Fun and exiting career for the right person
INSURANCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON21 August 2018
Learned a lot about managing money and how money and investing works, a long with mortgages and life insurance. A great fit if you are someone who enjoy talking with people. Hardest part for me was doing presentations alone.
productive and fun workplace
Primerica Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 August 2018
non-toxic work environment
nice people
training was provided
needs to understand people's schedules at times
casual and environment
can meet new people everyday
Environnement de travail productif et agréable.
Travailleur indépendant offrants des services (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 August 2018
Une expérience très utile dans une vie.
Travailler à son propre rythme de son.
Nothing better
Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 August 2018
I have yet to find a better opportunity that has it all. From a work-life balance, Meaningful purpose, crusade, training, staff, fellow reps, leadership teams, compensation, bonuses, business plan, promotions, morals, ethics.
Pros
Cons
You are totally in control. Most people have a challenge with self time management, and accountability.
Positive, energetic revolunary environment
Independent Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 July 2018
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow to your highest potential, Primerica is a vehicle that can take you there. Building a clientele is the most challenging aspect of the dream.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
The general difficulty of sales .
excellent company to represent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 July 2018
My husband and I operated a self employed sales agency with a lot of travel and rewards where compensation was based on your performance. Very professional.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Commission
Fun and laid back work atmosphere
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2018
Fantastic working environment and great people. The culture at dell has always been customer focused. I have learned a great deal working here and continue to learn every day.
Pros
great working enviornment
Cons
rarely any team events
Compensation was fair
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 July 2018
Toughest task was to establish trust between your client and you. There are many people in need of financial planning but asking others to put their money in your hand isn't something normal. It takes tremendous time to establish relationships and strong professional expertise is also the key.
Pros
get paid based on commission base, rather than fixed income
Cons
no fixed income at all
Amazing team work environment.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
All representatives and leaders are there to help employees grow and succeed. The environment is always positive and constructive. Choosing your own hours and work load make it an ideal part time or full time job.
100% commission
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 May 2018
the job had 100% commission and no base pay... This resulted in me not earning any money... They needed me to sell to complete strangers and also to my friends and family... I did not know anyone in Canada at that time and so did not make much sales.
Pros
good boss
Worst company to work for
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 April 2018
Culture is meh...you have to do things you're uncomfortable with when getting new people to come on board.I had to sacrifice a few friendships. I'm glad I don't work there anymore.
Pros
positive attitude
Cons
commission based salry
Je conseil d'au moin rencontré un représentant !
Représentant (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC21 April 2018
Lorsque le conseillé est venu chez moi je me disait "bonn un autre vendeux de patante pyramidal"
Mais apres avoir vue le concept est avoir bien compris comment ca fonctionnais je suis tomber en amour avec l'entreprise, leur valeurs, leur principes de toujours élever les autre pour se lever nous meme ! J'ai tellement évolué en tent que peraonne également! J'etais tres renfermé super gêné pi je m'ouvre de plus en plus ! Cest impossible d'échouer chez primerica on ne peux qu'abandonné .
Fun and challenging place
Senior Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 April 2018
I learned about how to manage and get information about finance, learned about how to be more secure and independent in the future. It is multicultural organization and welcome everyone to join the company. Hardest part of the job to get licensing and be very organized. Most enjoyable part is helping people to understand they own financial situation, manage it, take a control it and become dead free ASAP.
Exciting field of work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB9 April 2018
A Main Street Company delivering to main street families. Our mission is to help families become properly protected, debt free and financially independent.
Pros
create your own hours, your business within a business
Not Applicable
Division Leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 April 2018
Nice working environment, people are positive and energetic, lots of learning about financial products and great sales coaching definitely improves sales ability.
Great place
District Agent (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 April 2018
Flexible hours, Self motivated place of work, the team is really great and helpful and the hardest part of the job was the recruitment aspect but the most enjoyable part was that you determine your fate within the comopany.
Great place
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
This has been the best experience I've had a a work place ever. The co workers and management are off the charts and i couldn't ask for a better opportunity
Amazing company
Sr. Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Amazing place to work if you enjoy being your own boss. Great income streams and positive environment.
I've been associated with this company for a few years and I wouldnt change what insurance I sell.
Professional licensing and amazing breakdown with coaches ready to help you succeed. Make your own decisions in business and income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2