Prime Pubs Employee Reviews

Good experience, fun workplace, great co-workers
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Fionn Macools25 April 2019
A typical day at work is usually steady. There is always something to be doing, cleaning, and preparing food for guests. I have learned multiple new ways to time to manage food preparation times to accelerate my skills of speed and accuracy. The management is very personable. They care very much about how the company is run, but it is also essential to them that our well being as well. The hardest part of the job is focusing on one thing at a time. The most enjoyable is the people I work around.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Sparse Hours
The workplace was not up to the mark
Assistant Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 April 2019
They, really need to remodel their hosts.
A typical day at work was hot and sweaty environment and no real benefits.
Overall in that workplace there was nothing really good like all the work stations were so cramped and the long hours are really not needed.
Pros
Free Meals after training
Cons
Hosts and Long Hours
Fun, Easy place to work at
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
Management is amazing, great job for students, lots of tasks to make work shifts shorter, very straight forward staff, easy menu to memorize, friendly co-workers.
Pros
Great atmosphere, live music
Cons
women have to buy their own uniforms, have to wear flames jersey on game days.
Busy and fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador9 March 2019
Serving and bartending job that is unreliable when it comes to how busy each day might be. Long closing hours. Fun staff to work with. Has gone through a lot of management change.
Productive and fun
Office Manager/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2019
Shifts can vary from mornings, afternoons or nights. Fast paced work environment, always something to do. Great staff! Everyone was fun and enjoyable to work with.
good
Prep Cook/Line Cook supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB26 February 2019
its all good,but not the management.
mishandled the good team.
i like the concept of the restaurant i wish it will open again with new boss and management
fast pace work environment
PREP COOK/ DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2019
fionn macools was a very nice place to work great hours for kitchen workers and overall very exceptional staff days do go by very fast due to the amount of traffic coming in and out the restaurant
Pros
travel time
Cons
n/a
great place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 February 2019
the people are cool the food is good and also the events are great and theirs great deals there also the job give great work experience theirs also a clean environment
Fun place to wrk
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2019
Enjoyed going to work everyday. Was like a second family.
Management was always there for you and took care of any situation that would arise professionally.
Insane turnover
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 January 2019
We went through over a dozen managers in the ~6 months I worked there. Nobody wanted to stay because existing management was such a chaotic mess. Hours were bad because business was bad and they barely needed anyone working. Owner micro-managed everything but was totally out of touch and didn't know what was feasible. Everyone was bored all the time with nothing to do.
Pros
sometimes we could eat unsold fries, free pop
Cons
bad management
typical serving
Server and Hostess (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 January 2019
its just a job, theres nothing special about fionn maccools that makes it stand out from another serving job. its family oriented and tips are as good as you make them.
Place to eat dinner with your family, or friends.
Hostess (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 January 2019
I learned how to deal with tough customers and how to balance my work schedule with my everyday life, while in school. At Fionns my daily job was to greet and seat guests. i also took on responsibilities to bust tables and serve food to the guest. The hardest part of the job was to make sure tables were clean fast enough while being the only hostess when in rush hour. this was extremely hard because servers were not helping at all with cleaning their tables and my job was to have the door area as clear as possible.
Fun place to work at first, management sucked
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 November 2018
Started at Fionns in March and was part- time then moved up to full- time eventually. Loved working there at the beginning had a very strong team and busy kitchen. Once I was full- time one person and I didn’t have an understanding of things and was always verbally abusive towards me.
During the day the dishwasher wouldn’t be there until 5 or 6 clock so you go all day without and it’s extra work when you have a busy day, plus doing all FOH dishes as well.
The staff was always nice to me and most of the managers were great no issues there.
My hours also got cut a lot. I was a prep cook and only working five hour shifts most days. It’s not worth it if you’re working in a kitchen and noting getting the hours you should be getting.
If you’re looking for a kitchen job I wouldn’t apply here.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Extra work/not worth it, no free meal a day. Short shifts
good experience
LIne Cook (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON8 November 2018
I worked there for 3 years and had multiple advancements in responsibilities. it was a good learning experience and I will use the experience in my future.
it was fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 October 2018
i liked working there it was a fun experience the food was good the people were wonderful and the place had lots of great music and some good drinks to drink
great job at fionn maccools :)
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 October 2018
i was a prep cook, i really love working there they only reason i had to stop working there was because i had to move and from there it would be 2 hours there and back.
friendly staff
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON26 August 2018
- Barely get 2 shifts a week.
- One shift is barely 3 hours
- Friendly staff
- Management has their good and bad days.
- Most enjoyable part of job, the amount of responsibilities I have
Pros
snack during your shift
Cons
close to getting no hours
Cara Strikes Again
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 August 2018
This is the third cara company I've had the opportunity to work with and by far the worse. The management had zero clue of what to do or how to run a pub. The pub didn't even hold a capacity of over 100 people so we never got busy and he then took it out on employees. He didn't supply staff with proper equipment and treatment. Overall just another example of the horrible management cara allows to continue at their establishments. And any other managers have no sense of responsibility because they simply put the blame on staff. Horrible.
Pros
Non
Cons
To many
Awesome
Server (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 August 2018
Working here doesn't even feel like work I love it so much. All coworkers treat one another as family. Managers train workers extensively, ensuring everyone is on the same page and are very supportive and caring. I love it here!!!
Pros
50% off food
great money great management great customers
Bartender, Server, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
Wonderful job and would recommend to anyone living in the area. management was amazing and very caring. good group of staff that worked there And overall a great 4 year experience. .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Pubs. Our community is ready to answer.