Prime Pubs

Prime Pubs Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
As it was my first job ever, it was quite beneficial for me to work there while attending high school as it allowed me to receive a stable income. In this job I was able to further develop my kitchen skills which are still useful to this day.
The location I worked at was highly focused on hiring low-level staff and promoting current staff members. I was able to learn a lot about cooking through working my way up, eventually working every station in the kitchen at some point or another.
Pros
Free Lunch, Polite Managers, Recognition of Hard Work
Cons
If you are a young person looking for work for a brief time I would reccomend, staff is all very friendly and accomadating but not a lot of room for advancement, feels dead end.
Working at Fionn MacCool's was fun and I met many great people. The job was challenging. I was in a management position and had to balance working as a server and as a FOH manager. I enjoyed the fast pased work style and honed my skills at food service.
This company allowed me to grow within the individual restaurant and also provided opportunities to grow outside the store. I would highly recommend working for any Prime Pub/Cara restaurant.
Used to be a great place, management is constantly turning over, long wait times for food, very unorganized and mismanaged stay clear of this place, it is no good
The staff are great and it has been a blast working with these people everyday. The food that we bring out to the customers is next level and we keep a great atmosphere.
Great place to work. The management is experienced and know how to deal with their staff and customers. Many staff hold multiple jobs and they are very accommodating to the needs of their staff.
Great company to work for
Good staff, good owners, great times competitive salaries. Great food. Really great Saint paddy's day celebration. Made Great lifetime friendships.
This is a fun place to work and my co-workers are terrific. I learned alot but very high turnover . Owner is not open to new suggestions and managements hands are tied and not allowed to change anything
It may have just been because it was a new restaurant but managers were so rude to hostess and unfair. I never got hours and was yelled at infront of customers a few times.
Working for prime pubs was overall a great experience. There are lots of available hours and the money is awesome and really allowed me to save for furthering my education. Very fast pace, but fun environment!
The job was decent I just couldn't work there due to personal health problems ie; mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety and insomnia. I also had physical problems ie; flat feet and hyper mobility.
Pros
I had a discount on food and drinks and it was in a good location.
Cons
The hours and shifts are unpredictable.
It's good working there as you have gaps in between the rush hour to prepare meals for the line and the preps for the batch line. As I am Asian, having to interact with Canadians is a worthwhile experience and is good for me to accustom myself in a Canadian workplace. The hardest part of the job is when you're in the middle of the rush hour, but it doesn't prevent you to have a time-out and get a drink of coffee and have fun sometimes.
A typical day at work is usually steady. There is always something to be doing, cleaning, and preparing food for guests. I have learned multiple new ways to time to manage food preparation times to accelerate my skills of speed and accuracy. The management is very personable. They care very much about how the company is run, but it is also essential to them that our well being as well. The hardest part of the job is focusing on one thing at a time. The most enjoyable is the people I work around.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Sparse Hours
Hard to get regular hours - to be expected in the restaurant industry. Decent pay. Managers can pick favourites, also to be expected. Relaxed environment.
They, really need to remodel their hosts.
A typical day at work was hot and sweaty environment and no real benefits.

Overall in that workplace there was nothing really good like all the work stations were so cramped and the long hours are really not needed.
Pros
Free Meals after training
Cons
Hosts and Long Hours
fionn macools was a very nice place to work great hours for kitchen workers and overall very exceptional staff days do go by very fast due to the amount of traffic coming in and out the restaurant
Pros
travel time
Cons
n/a
Felt very poorly treated. in the middle of a busy shift, the manager likes to come upstairs and randomly start seating people so he looks good, without considering my placement of people or the waitlist I had created. Very domineering management and objectifying uniforms for women only. Irregular shifts that can change any moment, and no regular schedule.
Preparing food for storage
cooking meals in slow trickle in afternoons

cooking meals in fast-paced in afternoons &evenings

management is agreeable, but tough

food menu is superb quality, drinks even better!!!
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
it was a typical job, fun and met great people. learned a lot of good values through working with the people here at this establishment, and made good memories
Pros
Cons
standing lots
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Pubs. Our community is ready to answer.