Prime Communications Employee Reviews

Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London17 November 2019
toxic culture that rewards negative behaviour
management that provides weak advice and has no hands on experience
Great staff and environment
Full-Time Assistant Manager, Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON7 March 2019
Lots of incentives and a relaxed environment. Always something to do and each day is different. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a job in sales.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited Staff
A+ Never been happier working with a company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC27 February 2019
Creating a team and a working environment that allows for our store to grow and improve as we go. Like all commission based jobs you get out of it what you put into it. The team you work with makes a difference in your day to day. I have a great team and working environment so it’s hard to be away from work because I love being at work.

-We drive sales, we motivate each other daily and have fun doing it. That’s the culture we have working for prime communications Lynn Valle in North Vancouver. I encourage everyone who like having fun and getting paid to do so to apply.
Pros
Management, benefits, great team, great pay, culture
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2018
- open store and update prices/promotions
- management was very supportive
- hardest part of the job was attracting customers to walk into the store as it was located in an outlet.
- I liked my team and we worked very well together.
Horrible Place to work
Corporate Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 September 2017
Mostly every employee that works at head office is childish and immature. The management team are two faced and only support those in their 'circle'. The HR Management is even horrible and is NOT there for the employees.
Pros
Benefits were good. It's a nice busy and fast place to work
Cons
All employees act like children, including management
Fun Fast Paced
Sales Representative and Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON19 May 2016
A good sales job with a fun fast paced environment. Can be a little hard to disconnect when away from work. Sometimes a little slow to get things done.
workplace is pretty fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 April 2016
I have learned a lot about sales in the wireless business. Management is excellent in the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday.
Pros
paid breaks, benefits
Cons
commission structure is high target but low values
Fast Paced Enviroment
store manager for Rogers (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON11 April 2016
A good competitive fast paced environment to work in with fun and friendly staff. A great way to meet new and interesting customers.
Pros
Fast days
Cons
Shifts can run long
Good but not Great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fergus16 September 2015
A typical day at work for Prime generally involved a sale or two, cleaning the store and training. I worked in a new location that did not have much (if any) marketing and we found it extremely challenging to come close to head offices sales goals. However, the team itself was wonderful and we worked together brilliantly and most of the other stores in our district were very helpful and friendly as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction and reaching or exceeding sales goals (when I trained in an established store) and the most difficult part of this job was literally just not having enough customers in a day to serve. Upper management was not overly supportive of the basic sales reps and I found that there were a lot of false and empty promises directed at myself and my team to encourage us accept the position with the company. All in all, if the store I was hired to work in was busier, I would have been a happy employee.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, exciting sales and a lot of training provided
Cons
Lack of support and encouragement from upper management, boring days when no customers come into the store
Do Not Recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 March 2015
Prime Communications was a horrible work experience. It is a very cut throat environment to work in and commission is awful. Commission is based on a "trier" system which you have to sell a certain amount of units to get anything. However, your goals are sooo out of reach because they take the previous years numbers and multiply them by three. Which doesn't help when traffic is low at most locations. The benefits are awful, head office is not there for you when you need them, no job security and overall if you want to work with Rogers just work with Rogers and not a third party, you will regret it. They do not pay you enough for horrible clients you get and they do not care about their employees.
Pros
Half off Cell phone bill
Cons
Management, Commission, Head Office, Benefits
Relaxed work environment where you can help people and enjoy the use of your cell phone while on the job.
Rogers Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia Square Mall24 April 2014
A typical day at work was usually pretty relaxed. It was slow paced. Depending on the traffic in the store, making sales can either be really good and hold lots of opportunity or there could be no opportunity at all. Either way you were constantly learning about new products or how to solve a new problem.
I learned a lot about how cell phones generally work and how to do basic trouble shooting. I also learned a lot about marketing and how competitive the cell phone industry can be.
My manager was just new to her position. She has never managed a team before but she was very organized and there was just something about her that made you want to make her look good. She really brought out the team player in you.
The co- workers were very interesting. They had all worked together for a long time and kind of had their own bonds with each other. They were great at helping you and answering any questions you might have.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with how slow it can be sometimes. Time can really drag on when there is no customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the feeling of accomplishment you get when you are making great sales and meeting your targets.
Pros
Great commission, Benefits, Savings, Paid Lunches
Cons
Slow traffic, working alone
Full Service Business Development for your small and medium sized private and publicly traded TSX Companies
MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 March 2013
Meet, consult and strategize with senior executives and board of directors. Design, develop and execute an integrated marketing and communications program plan. Connect, Engage and Inform investors and capital market professionals with a strategic mix of multimedia marketing, communications public relations and relationship development tools.
Pros
solid brand image, reputation and network of relationships with tier one service providers
Cons
assertive growth mode