Prime Communications

Prime Communications Employee Reviews

Management has lost touch with its employees and whats best for the guest. Constant bending of rules and ethics. Constant threat of employment. Systems that constantly crash creating a bad experience for guest and employee. Fraud is actively overlooked or encouraged. Promises to guests and employees are broken by management.
Pros
Good money if you lack ethics
Cons
Essentially everything else.
After being with the company for 5 years I quit. Management is often hampered by lack of sufficient staffing/hiring quality employees. Distric Manager never cared about the people. They will lie, steal and cheat you. And worse they will instill the behavior to the reps with customers. Not clearly going over promotions. Details over the bill and during Covid-19 we had to work and still be expected to sale in a time when people were just trying to keep their homes from being foreclosed. One coworker almost lost their house. And what did Prime do? ...Nothing

Overall if you want to learn how to NOT run a multi-million dollar company by all means please sign up. Just know you will learn to appreciate an honest job more than ever before.
Pros
Pizza Parties
Cons
Lie, cheat and steal
If you aren’t in a large store, you won’t make the money you expect and they set Performance Minimums the same for every location despite the amount of employees of the amount of traffic the location has. There have been many instances where Management and Leadership have outright suggested we commit sales fraud to boast numbers for AT&T. This only scratches the service of Prime and their shady antics.
Pros
Huh?
Cons
Just about everything
● Overall
This company helps promote and save jobs of the people they have relationships with. Everyone else the keep in jeopardy of losing their jobs. Always threatening to fire. They let you know you’re easily replaceable.
NOT compatible for people who have a family at home.
NOT compatible if you want off on any weekends.

NOT compatible if you are unable to work 9am-7pm any day of the week.

NOT compatible if you’re not willing to work OFF hours to finish completing tasks. (Staying past 7pm to redo the entire store).

NOT compatible if you want 9am conference calls on Saturday mornings that last approx. 1 hour.

NOT compatible if you want any kind of steady pay or schedule.

NOT compatible if you want to be able to use your vacation time (because it will never be approved).

NOT compatible if you want a set commission structure (they’re known to change them 4+ times in a single year).

NOT compatible if you want a computer system and sales software that works. OPUS is TRASH!

(Can not even do your job because of so many technical issues with the computers).

NOT compatible if you want to stay safe from COVID-19. Company does not care about your physical well-being. They ONLY want your labor and money.

I worked here for 2+ years as a Sales representative/Sales manager. This list is compiled from my personal experiences and the personal experiences of my coworkers. Everyone hates their job. People have been known to cry. Would 10/10 NOT recommend working here. Unless you’re homeless...and even then it’s questionable.
Pros
LOL just read above comment.
Cons
No work/life balance, management is horrid, commission structure changes too frequently. Refer back to comment lol
This company is the biggest joke , District managers force you to con customers if you don’t do it you get a write up. They make you go into customers accounts without their permission. The pay is a joke . The stress is not worth the pay. Whatever you do don’t work here
Cons
I worked for prime communications for 6 months. Multiple pay changes resulting in lower and lower commissions. Wants its employees to pretend they are grateful for staying open during quarantine (caught covid-19 thanks to that). I had to essentially do the store manager's work because she would neglect it resulting in greater difficulty to make sales. Company was against unethical business practices in word only (encouraged to do unethical things with customers by my market director and district manager). The employees I worked with might as well have still been in high-school still based on their emotional and professional maturity. Oh and as of today, Prime Communications has failed to pay me a 1,200$ commission check that should have been paid.
Pros
a smiggen of intelligence means you're a rock star
Cons
where do I start? Just dont work for these scam artists.
Dm is the most dishonest person I have ever came across. He would throw his own child under the bus. Don’t waste your time. Violates worker rights. Covid exposure is not important to them as long as you make them money
Cons
Violates federal law
Management deliberately set goals 40-50% higher than the previous year in order to make the unachievable by the in store managers and pocket the money. They boast paying management $65k but with their shady tactics its closer to $40k. Then when you dont hit goals you're required to be on training calls that regurgitate the same thing month after month and try to push you to do fraudulent things in order to hit sales goals
If you want to be treated like dirt and told to be dishonest, this is the company for you. Management has zero idea what it’s doing. Steer clear unless you’re homeless. And even then, consider somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
Look at the list above
ive worked here for a year now and have seen 4 changes in our commission pay scale, which have all made it harder to make any commission at all. ive went from 1200$ commission checks to $600 just in the time of a year. none of us were trained properly, left to figure out how to do things on the system by yourself. everytime you went to the manager for help its "did u try this? well i dont know then". and we have to figure out our own solution, whether it be calling another manager, or help from another equally confused employee. alot of customers leave with gray areas and a higher bill than when they walked in with because of things they make us put on the account, like insurance/next plan. turnover rate is about to go sky high at prime. at the moment we have no manager as ours transferred, and our assistant manager has taken another job opportunity else where, leaving us no schedule, no replacement manager. our district manager has helped some but also expects us to leave our current customer to answer the phone as metrics and numbers are more important than the customer in front of you. this company is going down hill, maybe a whole new team will do this place some good, but im tellin yall this company is crooked and will only jerk you around. they screwed us out of 2 months commission after we quit, and employees got no compensation money for being out of work for covid. Shadiest company ive ever worked for.
Pros
commission pay, benifits, salesman job
Cons
company keeps changing pay scale for commission
This company is the epitome of unethical wireless dealers. Middle and upper management spend most of their energy fooling AT&T into thinking they are following guidelines. Meanwhile, behind closed doors, you will be threatened with demotion and/or termination if you don't create phantom churn, add ghost lines onto accounts without the customer's knowledge, lie about billing to gain sales, etc. These are not individuals who attained their position through any kind of meritocracy, instead they were the last ones left after the truly skilled leaders left for more promising opportunities elsewhere. The district managers and market directors who remained are very poor leaders and completely inept at training store management and/or building any kind of sales team. They rely on fear, harassment and intimidation to make up for their lack of leadership. This company's only possible value is as an entry level job for an individual that has no chance of finding something better. Even putting this job on your resume is damaging to your future long-term as this company is riddled with some of the most dishonest people in the business world and you will be considered guilty by association. Beware!
Pros
You're employed
Cons
You're employed at Prime
Overall loved the people but the business plan isn’t realistic. PC requires a minimum number set in all locations as the same not factoring in the surrounding economic situations
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Pay, expectation across the platform
The people I meet on a daily basis. My co-workers are amazing...they are so encouraging & supportive...we as a team push one another to strive to be the best we can be at our job and in our personal life. I've been at this job for 3 years. Currently I'm working toward moving up in the company. I truly do love my job.
I have good, great and bad days as with any job. But I truly love my job.

Lots of room for growth
Great pay

Commission is what you make of it

Can interfere with personal life a lot

The overall culture is great and they took great care of their employees during COVID.
Pros
Pay, people, movement, growth
Cons
Work life balance
The pay, the hours, the structure in general is horrible. They do not care about their staff at all and watch your checks because you will find they are not being honest on the pay structure they tell you.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
We're just pawns controlled by the greater militia. They kept us open when COVID-19 was at it's peak whilst other At&t retailers and corporate stores closed. They sent us masks two and half months after the pandemic broke. They rise your minimum standards every month with nothing in return. They make you practice shady selling techniques. The mangers use death certificates to open up new accounts to meet their sales quota. The higher ups know about it but do nothing.

My advice for you is to look elsewere, apply for a corporate store. Better pay, better commission structure, and most importantly they actually give a da*** about their employees. Prime Communications care about nothing but the benjamin's.
Very bad experience working here,the owners of this store have only owned one store,so they act like managers,they have very bad communication skills and habits,like drinking and sleeping at the work place during work hours,very unpleasant place to work.
Pros
Cons
Paper checks, no insurance, bad communication, bad work enviroment
I worked for prime for about a year and before that we was spring mobile which was waaaayyyyy better at everything then prime. Prime only cares about numbers. they will give unrealistic goals does not even matter the location of your store the goals will be unrealistic. Barley let you get 40Hrs and will write you up for overtime. commission sucks completely. be careful who you trust if your panning to work for this company. the payroll department will mess up all the time. if your planing on working in sales i suggest go to work for tmobile or verizon. The company was so bad i resign because i could not take the bs anymore. Much Luck to You
Pros
my team
Cons
pay, hours, benefits, employee discount is a joke.
Prime sells an image of a great culture and opportunities to make a ton of money. Soon after you start that illusion fades. The only way to make your sales quotas are to convince customers to add lines to their account. If they don’t want to you won’t make any money. Successful sales reps are frauding accounts to make their quotas and once customers come forward about unknown charges the company at corporate level is reluctant to help and it takes months to see resolutions.

The company only cares about money. They don’t care if their stores have adequate cleaning supplies. They use daily conference calls as “punishment” for not meeting quotas instead of training employees.

If you leave the company you lose your last two months sales commission as the way it’s paid out is two months after it’s earned. Once you leave you forfeit your last two commission checks, even though it’s work you’ve done and earned.

The only positive to this place, which you may find anywhere, is the connections with customers in your community.

If you have any sense of morality or self worth then don’t work here.
Pros
Outside company reps like LG are amazing to work with, customer connections
Cons
Pay, commission structure, upper management
As the workplace may be fun and games it can be tiring as customer take a toll on you. Management will change requirements on the fly and expect all employees to know the change without communicating.