Prime Communications Canada Inc.

Prime Communications Canada Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
Really enjoyed working for Prime during my time there but always felt like there was no where to go, you basically just a sales rep until you find a new job. That being said, working from home/on the road was great. The freedom was awesome but management was almost too uninvolved. I maybe had a total of 20 one-on-ones with my manager over 2.5 years. Was constantly told that I would be given leads to no avail. The majority of the team has been in telecom for 10+ years and just maintain their clients but no one helps new employees grow their own client base.
Pros
great team, flexibility
Cons
management isnt the most supportive in providing necessary tools to succeed
Love this company and the culture! If you're eager to make money this is the place for you. you can make alot of money working a clean retail job with no limit on how much commission you can earn.
Good atmosphere mainly because of the customers. You get incentives if you do well and can meet the targets. The other reps were good. Management is a pain, and not polite to their employees at all.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
make you commit fraud, take your paid lunches, accuse of you doing wrong, dont care about the employees or customers
Prime Communications Canada Inc. is the largest authorized Rogers dealer in Canada, with over 55 Rogers and Fido retail locations and B2B wireless services.
Productive and friendly culture work place. Leadership and coaching provided.Prime is new in BC but it's growing fast .
toxic culture that rewards negative behaviour
management that provides weak advice and has no hands on experience

toxic culture that rewards negative behaviour
I asked every day how I was doing and every day. I Also told them don't sugar coat it I want to do well here. They lied to my face every day and told me I was doing good. Management doesn't set a good example by actively trying to push us on other customers when an elderly person comes in they only care about how much money they can get out of someone.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No vacation time for half the year and it doesn't carry over into the next year, they will lie to you everyday on your progress and set you up to fail
Lasted a month and a half. I came in wanting to put my best foot forward and drive myself to succeed in the position. I asked for feedback at the end of each of my shifts and told them not to sugar coat it for me. If I wasn't doing a good job at something TELL ME. Just before your first month ends they expect you to know the key features of every phone they have which is at least 25, all of their plans including cable, internet, and cell phones. Basically their entire system in and out and there's A LOT of stuff that they throw at you. Plus one of their systems they send you to a corporate location to learn over a week. This system I struggled with A LOT. Another location sent their trainee over within the first month of her training. They never sent me and I found out from the other girls they don't do it at my location until 3 months in. Management is an absolute joke and I found that shifts weren't very fair. Example if I (A trainee) is out there by myself everyone else is in the back texting, doing personal calls or talking amongst themselves. No ones there to make sure I'm giving the correct info to the customer when they're purchasing something worth 550.00 - 1500.00. It's embarrassing to say I don't know and pull someone from the back if they ask something I've never heard before. Management doesn't care if you have a customer insulting you on the phone when you're trying to get them the help they are asking for. Had one lady call me an idiot and pathetic because I told them what the manager told me then she asked to speak with the manager and all I got was 'take a message - more...
Pros
Floor Staff were super nice
Cons
Management doesn't seem to really care and lies to your face repeatedly
The only training you receive is a corporate video with information not relevant to being a third party vendor. The management team is aggressive, ego driven, bottom line driven, and unempathetic. Staff have been told not to take harassment from customer's seriously and that they are "too sensitive". Regional managers site visit only occasionally to liase with managers and ignore day to day interactions with sales team.

They tout that the average wages earned across the sales team is $18.00 (that includes store manager salaries to boost the claim) but without customers, you cannot make commission and with such high minimum targets for slow locations, employees almost always fall back on minimum wage for hours worked, despite still making a profit for their site.

The individual store environment is toxic and aggressive, with employees often pitted against one another.

Pros
Most the employees are at least in it together
Cons
Toxic environment and bottom line driven with egotistical management
Lots of incentives and a relaxed environment. Always something to do and each day is different. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a job in sales.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited Staff
Creating a team and a working environment that allows for our store to grow and improve as we go. Like all commission based jobs you get out of it what you put into it. The team you work with makes a difference in your day to day. I have a great team and working environment so it’s hard to be away from work because I love being at work.

-We drive sales, we motivate each other daily and have fun doing it. That’s the culture we have working for prime communications Lynn Valle in North Vancouver. I encourage everyone who like having fun and getting paid to do so to apply.
Pros
Management, benefits, great team, great pay, culture
Cons
- open store and update prices/promotions
- management was very supportive

- hardest part of the job was attracting customers to walk into the store as it was located in an outlet.

- I liked my team and we worked very well together.
I joined with little experience and quickly became a top sales producer based on coaching form manager.
Lots of $$ opportunity based on commission, spiffs and incentives.

Won a trip to Mexico

Every day is different due to lots of promos / sales = fun
Pros
Commission on every sale, always lots of contests and incentives, access to cool technology, discount of wireless phones and service, good benefits program
Cons
retail hours (is what it is)
Comment – 4 June 2018
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

We strive to create a fun work environment that recognizes and rewards performance. Clearly your efforts to date are a great example of what can be achieved. We look forward to even more success in 2018 and beyond.
Don’t bother applying if you want to work for store managers that don’t want to see you succeed. Store management only care about their sales/hours. Some times no lunch breaks. Work late hours. Management in Orangeville location is selfish/rude & belittling. High turn over because of store management.
Pros
Good money if you’re good at sales
Cons
Horrible store management in Orangeville
Comment – 30 May 2018
Thanks for your feedback.

While disappointed to hear that your personal experience wasn't a positive one, we will follow-up on your comments to ensure we are working to promote a positive environment and become better each day.
"Thrill of the sale," words to have imprinted if you're into this line of work. Every day is a challenge and only those with a strong mind and ambitious one will excel.
Comment – 30 May 2018
Thanks you for the feedback.

It is true that the wireless retail business is not for everyone with its exciting and ongoing changes, but for those who thrive in this type of environment, an excellent living can be earned. Not to mention how much fun we all have playing with the cool technology.
I've been working here for just over one year now and its honestly a lot of fun. I'm so glad that I joined, get to sell exciting products and work with great people.
Pros
Opportunity to earn unlimited commission
Cons
Store can be crazy busy at times
Comment – 30 May 2018
Thanks for taking the time post a review.

We work hard to provide a positive and productive work environment and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Onwards. . .
Company promotes dishonest sales tactics, a lot of quick turnover of staff here should tell you everything. Very mislead and disappointed by hiring individual
Comment – 30 May 2018
Thanks for your comments.

Sorry to hear that your experience did not meet expectations. We take great pride in being a company that embraces the requirements of the job and does so in an honest fashion. We will work to make sure that this is an area where we hold ourselves to that standard. Thanks again.
horrible commission structure. No job security they terminate people frequently. You are expected to work alone and don’t get breaks.
Lowest pay In industry with most stress.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Low pay, stress, no breaks
Comment – 30 May 2018
Thanks for your comments.

We truly believe in the saying that feedback is a gift and we will receive this post accordingly. We engage our sales personnel in the commission design process to ensure it aligns with the day to day expectations of the role and most all of our employees are appreciative of that opportunity.
Ok work exp but comp pays lowest in industry. Cut commission 50% & doubled targets in prep for min wage jump. Went from paying peanuts to just shells.
Pros
Not fast food or grocery
Cons
Pays same as fast food or grocery
Comment – 30 May 2018
Thank you for the feedback.

In late 2017, we introduced a new commission structure that was intended to work in combination with the January 2017 changes to minimum wage in Ontario. While there was one minor commission item that had a small reduction, the over riding impact was a simultaneous increase to base wages and commission structure. On average, Prime sales employees earn greater than >$18 per hour and we're excited to be paying far more commission to our sales employees this year than last.
Mostly every employee that works at head office is childish and immature. The management team are two faced and only support those in their 'circle'. The HR Management is even horrible and is NOT there for the employees.
Pros
Benefits were good. It's a nice busy and fast place to work
Cons
All employees act like children, including management
A good sales job with a fun fast paced environment. Can be a little hard to disconnect when away from work. Sometimes a little slow to get things done.
I have learned a lot about sales in the wireless business. Management is excellent in the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday.
Pros
paid breaks, benefits
Cons
commission structure is high target but low values