Prime Communications Canada Inc. Employee Reviews

Amazing culture and opportunity to earn $$
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario30 May 2018
I joined with little experience and quickly became a top sales producer based on coaching form manager.
Lots of $$ opportunity based on commission, spiffs and incentives.
Won a trip to Mexico
Every day is different due to lots of promos / sales = fun
Pros
Commission on every sale, always lots of contests and incentives, access to cool technology, discount of wireless phones and service, good benefits program
Cons
retail hours (is what it is)

Comment – 4 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

We strive to create a fun work environment that recognizes and rewards performance. Clearly your efforts to date are a great example of what can be achieved. We look forward to even more success in 2018 and beyond.

Terrible store management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON22 May 2018
Don’t bother applying if you want to work for store managers that don’t want to see you succeed. Store management only care about their sales/hours. Some times no lunch breaks. Work late hours. Management in Orangeville location is selfish/rude & belittling. High turn over because of store management.
Pros
Good money if you’re good at sales
Cons
Horrible store management in Orangeville

Comment – 30 May 2018

Thanks for your feedback.

While disappointed to hear that your personal experience wasn't a positive one, we will follow-up on your comments to ensure we are working to promote a positive environment and become better each day.

Great place for thrill seekers.
Rogers Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON15 April 2018
"Thrill of the sale," words to have imprinted if you're into this line of work. Every day is a challenge and only those with a strong mind and ambitious one will excel.

Comment – 30 May 2018

Thanks you for the feedback.

It is true that the wireless retail business is not for everyone with its exciting and ongoing changes, but for those who thrive in this type of environment, an excellent living can be earned. Not to mention how much fun we all have playing with the cool technology.

Great fun place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 March 2018
I've been working here for just over one year now and its honestly a lot of fun. I'm so glad that I joined, get to sell exciting products and work with great people.
Pros
Opportunity to earn unlimited commission
Cons
Store can be crazy busy at times

Comment – 30 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time post a review.

We work hard to provide a positive and productive work environment and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Onwards. . .

Very dishonest
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 January 2018
Company promotes dishonest sales tactics, a lot of quick turnover of staff here should tell you everything. Very mislead and disappointed by hiring individual

Comment – 30 May 2018

Thanks for your comments.

Sorry to hear that your experience did not meet expectations. We take great pride in being a company that embraces the requirements of the job and does so in an honest fashion. We will work to make sure that this is an area where we hold ourselves to that standard. Thanks again.

Save the stress and work somewhere else
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 January 2018
horrible commission structure. No job security they terminate people frequently. You are expected to work alone and don’t get breaks.
Lowest pay In industry with most stress.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Low pay, stress, no breaks

Comment – 30 May 2018

Thanks for your comments.

We truly believe in the saying that feedback is a gift and we will receive this post accordingly. We engage our sales personnel in the commission design process to ensure it aligns with the day to day expectations of the role and most all of our employees are appreciative of that opportunity.

Fun place to work but....
Sales Consultant & Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 May 2017
The company is good, you have a lot of freedom to do what you want, however the district managers are not great, they tell you what you want to hear and than go against it most of the time. It is a business at the end of the day so all they care about is being profitable. They have some unrealistic expectations as well - especially when head office are the ones causing the problems. Stock issues always. If the systems crash or are down they have unrealistic expectations for the employees and customers. Learning is all about your own initiative. I felt like a customer working for them , like everything they teach you to do to customers they do to you as an employee. The commission structure is pretty easy, which yeah they pay you minimum wage but it's easy to hit your targets and get your bonuses. They also try to silence you when you have an opinion, problem or concern which I dislike. Rogers should not have dealers has at the end of the day it tarnishes their name.
Pros
Great Scheduling. Good Pay. Relaxing Environment. Freedom.
Cons
District Managers.
Friendly, Family and great work place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON26 January 2016
Friendly, like Family and great work place.
Closed circle environment,
open concept office
very easy going office
music all the time,
no restrictions
Pros
understands employee

Thanks for the feedback.

We strive to create a positive work environment for all of our employees and your comments show that we are making progress in that regard. Thanks so much!

What I learned
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham Ontario31 August 2015
I learned the needed skills to overcome customer objections and how to build rapport for each and every customer to suit their needs.
Pros
Flexible Hours

Thanks for your review.

Entry level sales roles can play a key role in developing the required skills to make the most of our careers. Glad to hear that you acquired some very important ones while working with us. All the best in your future endeavours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Communications Canada Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8