Primary Response Employee Reviews

it is ok
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
room for improvement.......................
I learn a lot, work wise and also for my personal life.
management need to improve communication and be more proactive.
very mixed culture which is good.
the hardest part of the job is communication with management
the most enjoyable part is meeting new faces from different background
challenging
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
Everyday new experiences.
Leading and managing the team of operators to sustain the company's standards.
A very cooperative and motivating staff and management.
Ex Security Guard
SGT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
Worst place to work in primary resposne is the toronto Library
less working hours and a big hectic place to work with minimum of support from the managment ,
Scheduling department is very rude .not attend the call not even bother to reply to the email
Pros
community housing good place
Cons
toronto library worst place
Fun and lot of job site
Security guard operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
I got to worked at alot of site and meet alot of people.I got a lot of shift . The dispatcher were great and professional and very dependable. you made alot of friend.
Pros
hours
Cons
distance
Learning and experience giving.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
When i was working at community housing. somebody tried attacking me because of his irritation then I cakmed him down. I learnt to face critical situations. Management is well organized. Workplace is giving various experience in which working with the people of different community is best experience. The hardest part of the job is when something beyond your capacity try to tackle you. The diversified nature of people and observing the various people reacting on various situations.
Pros
Event Meals
Cons
Heavy weather in evnts
Good experience
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 July 2018
Fun environment and the management is great and if you want good high profile sites, Primary Response is the place but just like other security companies, they can do better with the salary.
Pros
Good sites
Cons
Pay
Good Placement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
My time at Primary Response was great! I appreciated the placement I was given at a local Recreation Center. My time here was great as I enjoyed connecting with so many different people.
Pros
Job Placement
Very busy, fun enviroment.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
I've learned lots doing my job as a security guard such as codes, how to operate different surveillance system, report writing and data entry, Dealing with complaints from clients and problem solving, working with a great friendly team and interacting with lots of people :)
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
working long hours
Politics
College Security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2018
A typical day at work for Primary Response is having to deal with the different politics in the work force. I have learned that sometimes the best way of dealing with these issues is sometimes the hardest thing do which is to resign and move on. The workplace culture in Primary Response is divided and could be toxic at times. The hardest part of the job is watching your co workers who have worked many years with you be treated with no respect and quitting the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your co workers who you have worked with before Primary Response took over.
Pros
Cons
everything
0 Management and poor pay
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
good for those who are new to security industry, scheduling department is horrible, poor pay, No job security. Only 12 hours shifts. Rude scheduling department.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
poor pay
Interactive workplace
Part-time Casual (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
Duties are assigned to every employee. Great chain of hierarchy helps in required supervision. Learned to perform the duties of a security guard and how to deal in emergency situations. Diversified culture to work in. The long shifts on busy days were hard but helps to built new links and relationships.
Challenging work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Duties include but not limited to detect, deter, report in accordance with various site post orders. Typical day would include communication skills and problem solving to reach a positive out come not always the case in certain situations.
Pros
Meeting, protecting people and property.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous, and extensive training.
Dedicated and well organized company, a safe place to work
Security Guard/ dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
working at Primary Response was a great experience, you get to work on time and start your daily procedures.i have learned to multitask and how to pay attention to my surroundings. being at
Primary Response have contributed to my leadership skills, the workplace is warm and welcoming, which allows security officers to be comfortable in their working environment.The hardest part of the job is not having enough guards to cover a particular site and allowing the guards on duty to overwork, then you as a dispatcher begin to have an unhealthy relationship with your coworkers..
terrible place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
Not a good company to work for, low pay, no benefits and too many managers looking over your shoulder.Stingy with everything. HR people are rude and when you ask for raise, they tell you to look for work elsewhere. Its a sweat shop, a survival job, until you find a better one.
Security guard with many years of experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
My work days are regularly 12 hours.
So you have to be prepared from 5 am to serve students with insular or with different problems.
-I think that the hardest part of the work is the so slender schedules.
-So you have to be prepared from 5 am to serve students with insular or with different problems
Pros
To be able to help other people as a security guard
Cons
Payment is not enough
Overall a decent company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 January 2018
Primary Response is a nice and decent company to work with. I have been working with them ofr six months and its going fine so far. They have some management issues and issues dealing with employees.
good place to get your feet wet
Security Officer/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
Not bad place to work, meet a lot of people at the site I was at, I was working 12 hours shifts three days on two off. you get time off to take care of personal matters
Pros
meet alot of people
Cons
As a mobile petrolling security guard
Mobile Patrolling (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 January 2018
As a mobile patrolling security guard I work at city hall oshawa and went to all city property to check. Look for any unexpected activity and making sure every thing is clear. Primary response always stand with us when we need help or any advise. Nice to work with this company and all staff.
Horrible to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 January 2018
Primary Response is terrible to work for they do not communicate with their employees. It can take a month to 2 months maximum to have issues. If you even get them to respond to you at all. as far as benefits you do not receive any benefits until after 9 months of employment. Not consistent within the industry.
Cons
all cons
Incompetent mamagement
Supervisor piblic safety (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Treat employees with no respect.
Constant fight to get paid without mistakes.
Full time job to watch management.
Constantly being lied to by management.
Any other company would be better to work for.