PriceSmart Foods

PriceSmart Foods Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier9 reviews
Canada9 reviews
The work is simple but it gets boring when there are no customers. Knowing how to speak Cantonese or Mandarin is definitely an asset because many customers who shop there speak English as a second language. Learning cashier codes and being surprised by fruits I did not even know existed was an enjoyable experience.
Everyone is kind and getting along with each other. They are very considerate especially for part-time students. They treat their employees respectfully.
typical day of work consisted of signing in, reading the on sale items in the front counter. working Cash as well as knowing all produce by 4 digit codes. Co-workers were very nice and had positive attitudes. translating and trying to understand what some of the customers were saying because a lot didn't speak much english. Most enjoyable part was making customers satisfied with there purchases and gaining relationships with them.
This was a very fun job working with amazing people and an overall good experience. There were issues with scheduling errors and being scheduled on my unavailable hours (that the store was given), as well as no notice to online scheduling changes.
Pros
Fun Workplace
Cons
Scheduling
It was a wonderful place to work with excellent managers and customers. Was a fast paced job that i enjoyed. Would work for the company again.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Was hard with school so I had to quit
greet customers, entered patient information, counted pills/medication, prepared compound prescriptions, met new and interesting people, handled cash transactions, otc products
A typical day at work is busy, hectic and I am always meeting new people! I have learnt a lot, I learnt how to deal better with un happy costumers, how to work at a pace to make everyone happy and how to enjoy work even when your having a terrible day. My management team is great and are always helpful. My co workers are even nicer and we all get along well. The hardest part of my job is multitasking while working fast, but I am getting very good at it. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with and the costumers I interact with.
Pros
work place has a great energy
Cons
small amount of hours/shifts
Working in Price Smart Food was an awesome experience for me. A lot of the co-workers are my friends, and the customers were generally kind. The hardest part of the job has to be dealing with difficult customers, but I can always solve the problem with a smile.
I am a hard worker so no problem there. The pay is not the greatest but I love the people I work with. I love helping in every way I can with the customers which is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have learned a new skill being cashier.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PriceSmart Foods. Our community is ready to answer.