Price Industries Limited

Price Industries Limited Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews
Productive and workout in gym
The staff is supportive and experienced
Good atmosphere to work and friendly team

Proper safety measures are taken at workplace

Team spirit and lot to learn
Pay was good but not worth the headache of dealing with poorly trained managers. Very fast paste, competitive work environment. Was given no training upon starting. Was yelled at weekly by manager and co-workers.
Management let personal feeling get in the way of business and doesn't care about their employees
Do not work at price electronics. They will underpay and the management does not care about their employees.

I was let go with out cause (they in fact flat out refused to tell me why I was being fired and tried to get me to sign confidentiality agreement and wave my legal rights by offering me and extra 2 weeks pay on top of what they legally had to give me).

Worked there for 4 years. At year 3 new manager came in and problems began.

Several times I tried to enquirer as to how I could improve my job performance and was met with cryptic non answers.

Manager had some sort of personal issue with me and despite them trying to find issues with my work they couldn't in over a year worth of trying. They ended up terminating me without cause (and my wife had just given birth a few months earlier). Again I say management doesn't care about the employees and you are disposable.

Now employed doing similar work getting paid a lot more and excelling in the position. Issues at price were clearly not with me.
Great environment
Price was a great place to work. People were part of a team, and everyone contributed to that team. It made for a very relaxed environment even though the pace could be very fast.
Good to learn and experience the job but dont expect good salary as union is in favor of the company.
Company is unionized but the union is pro-management.
Cell leaders are longing for more production from poor employees who are treated like slaves.

Employees need to ask permission when going to the washroom.
Repetitive task
Good people to work with.
A leading manufacturer in our community.

Hardest part of the job is the repetitive task.

A lot of work so the time will just fly by.
Good people to work with but bad political Environment
I still believe the intension from HQ was good, but management on site was political, they treat you as a scopegoat when they need protect themselves, tried to build a family culture in the place but failed.
Pros
Great Product, great design
Cons
Bad political work environment; job security is zero.
This place is a low-paying dump
If you don't mind going to work in a foreign country everyday, or getting let go right before your probation is up, then by all means - sign right up.
Only work here if you have no other options
If you get a job here don't expect to work more than 2-3 months in a row your probation period is 600 hours worked but you will always get laid off when you get close to that. Then they ask if you want to come back after a couple months and then your probation starts over again and you will be in that cycle for ever.
Lacking proper system implimentation.
It is good at labour level, but as you step into company management /supervision level it becomes stressfull. No body is clear about the system polocies even higher management but you have to be aligned according to them. No coaching /teaching about the polocies eg. What uou have to do if you get injured during work. My experience. Also lacks coaching, guidance and training.
Exciting
Price Industries Limited is a fantastic place to begin your career at, whether it be in the trades or a different field because they offer a fantastic environment to learn in.
Don't bother
I worked for Price for 4.5 years and when i was let go the manager didn't even shake my hand, just walked out and left HR to deal with me, and it was a lay off, i didn't get terminated. They treat their staff like garbage, the wage to work load ratio is a joke. They pay their employees the bare minimum for manufacturing and don't give raises, they get rid of people right before they are done their 90 days, some of which 3 weeks before Christmas, and management are through and through bullies, if you need a job bad then apply, but never stop looking for something new, this company is the definition of evil
Pros
When your shift ends
No training/rude staff/ unreliable
First day on i was excited to work in production. When i got there for first shift no one was expecting me and i wasn't welcomed. During the month i was there in the louver department i was traimed to do the job one way only to be shunned by othersfor doing it wrong. This happened on numerous occasions. My work area leaders were decent guys but the higher ups were all snobby men pushing rules that were never explained . Making it a toxic workplace . I got let go after a month of being behind in orders . Once we were caught up I was let go.
Pros
Enjoyable work decent fellow worksman
Cons
Everything else
Working
Great company to start with. You can learn everything from assembler to machine operator to being leadhand and cell leader depends on your willingness to grow as individual. Management is so strict with safety and that's good.
Pros
Stat holidays
Definitely not the place to work
Company motto is fantastic but the company does not treat their employees this way.

Expected to work extra time for free. Don’t even give you the extra time off.

Are not able to take more than 1 week of vacation at a time.

Management does not think anything is wrong if an employee is harassed by their superiors. It’s always the employees fault.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Place not for promotion
The management team doesn't see what is happening with their subordinates. The performance review is always aimed on negative sides regardless of how great an employee you are. Fortunately this is happening not in all departments. Much of this depends on the manager, and if you are unlucky with a manager who is blind and deaf, it is better to immediately look for another job.
You can spend a lot of energy and bring all your excellent expertise, but you might get neither moral or material compensation
Pros
Co-workers
nice place to work.
its a nice place to work with reasonably nice poeple. fair wages and benifits. lots of overtime if wanted. only thing that is annoyying about this work place is how hot it gets in the summer.
work hours make attendance hard by bus
was working night shift end of work day 3 am no buses home and there was a language barrier with my co workers who were Filipino and spoke there own language amongst themselves
Pros
unionized
Cons
hard to get to by bus for shift hours
Would avoid this company as an engineer
An extremely stressful workplace due to poor management and policies. Expect lots of unpaid/ uncompensated overtime due to unrealistic deadlines. They refuse to compensate for overtime (no pay or time in lieu of) but expect you to meet deadlines by working overtime or will be looked down on ( boss actually said I would be less likely considered for advancement, pay increase,etc if i didn’t). For example If you have to get to work early or stay late to deal with factory, design issue, etc you are not allowed to leave early and this overtime is not tracked and you will never get that time back. Salary workers in Manitoba by labor laws are to be compensated for overtime. They get around this by saying ‘we are not asking you to do this overtime but we are asking you to get your job done’ which requires overtime. I probably racked up 100+ hours of overtime trying to get the job done. You don’t get standard 2 weeks vacation. (Some colleagues got 0 some got 1). Christmas bonus was 20$ cash. They are borderline following manitoba labor laws if at all. Huge turn around in every group/ devision due to above reasons. #notmyprice.
Cons
Company values didn't match division values
Seems like a great place to work from the core values and the vision but this changes per division and you could be under management that employs different values. This can have a huge effect on whether you can trust you are making the right decision when signing on. Many people have great things to say about the company but be careful about which department you are entering.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Low job security
Great Company!
Price is a great company with fantastic people that work hard each day to improve the business. Management is supportive and provides a multitude of training opportunities. We follow the golden rule of treating others as you wish to be treated. This value is key to our superb customer service that all team members exhibit. We face many challenges each day but it is rewarding to practice our problem solving to overcome even the most difficult events. Even though Price has grown significantly over the past years, they have managed to maintain their values and feeling of family.
Pros
Growth opportunities, supportive leadership, team building, strong values, customer service culture, relaxed environment, respect in the workplace, safety is #1