Price Industries Limited
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Price Industries Limited Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews

Fast paced environment

-big company, fast paced environment, various projects to work on and lots of coordinated team effort to get them done.-could be stressful some times.

Pros

lots to learn.

It’s meh

If you like not understanding anyone and being talked about it’s no that bad, not much holidays, and lots of overtime, because all the floor employees like to work slow or not even work at all

Insights into Price Industries Limited

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

fun

very good company to work, they gives respect to their employees. Give opportunities to get higher positions. Pay rate is good as compared to other places

Great people, fun atmosphere, a lot of learning opportunities.

Excellent company, fair practices, a fun place to work. Lots of benefits (medical/dental/access to online doctors/prescription delivery from pharmacy/employee assistance program, etc.). Very good education programs. Competitive salary.

Great people and great place to work.

Fabulous place to work, friendly environment fast past but very interesting work. Never a dull moment and always new things to learn new challenges supportive managers. It's a large company but with a small family company feeling. Price gives back to the community and does a lot of fundraising for many different charities. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow with Price. Price supports education/training and development.

Large company with growth opportunities and very busy.

Company is growing fast and lots to learn. Hard work is rewarded and appreciated. Enjoy being busy and keeps things interesting. Company support learning/training and advancement.

Pros

Interesting technology and electronics to work on.

Cons

Lots to juggle, never a dull moment.

Toxic environment. Bad management

Managers are useless, and rude. They just sit in their offices and think about impossible plan. No promotion. No bonus. Stressful and toxic working environment.

Poor management

Was a good company to work for when I first started. New manager came in and that was the end. Bully culture and my way or the highway is the attitude.The owner preaches how great and progressive the company is but this couldn’t be farther from the truth on the production floor.incredibly high turnover rate. Absolutely horrible benefits. Not a place you could ever trust management to do the right thing. No trust no future!!total hypocritical company philosophy. The number of employees leaving tells the story!! They truly don’t care.

Pros

Experience gained

Cons

Sub standard management

No respect for employees

Management doesn't care about employees. People are getting laid off left and right without cause. I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend since there is no job security. No appreciation for what you do. Company direction changes all the time and it's hard to keep up. Benefits are the worst in the city.

Pros

Company sponsored education, flexible start time

Cons

Benefits, management, culture

Price Electronics

Non organized company. Very bad managers.Don't work there. Old fashion managers should be kicked out of this company.They have to bring more open mind people.

Productive and fast paced.

Unrealistic management system. Unreliable work environment. Fast paced work that they can accommodate most problems that you may have while working. Overall not a bad place to work.

Pros

Location, family oriented.

Cons

Happy that i'm not working here anymore

You will feel youre in a good place to work during interview process, nice looking place, everyone is smiling. Last 2017, I worked here at price mechanical at egesz street not the ralegh street location for only 1month night shift. If you're fast at your work, next step of the process will tell you to slow down, people work without a goal of being productive for the company which means they are not motivated to exceed the target. Microwaves are very dirty, washrooms not clean. They have regular cleaner but i dont think higher management dont do audit and inspection for this small details. When i was fired out, i asked what did i do wrong, supervisor just told me that they dont want my service anymore. That was traumatic to me knowing i did not do anything wrong and seeing everyone looking at me even union leader that i thought should be there to atleast defend every employee. I was crying driving home thinking where should i get money to pay my house and bills. Worst experience ever in my life. I have a better job now and a leader, with what happened to me i became a good leader guiding my co employee on how they will grow specially on a newly hired that i trained, i kept on telling them my experience here.

Pros

Friendly co workers at night shift, complete ppe

Cons

Training, repetitive work, aluminum dust all over you exposed skin

A low paying dump

If you get offered a job here, stay away. Only go here if you have no other options like I had to. The pay was way below my expectations, the job offered was way below what my credentials are. The one lead hand wouldn't stop asking about my personal life, and kept asking about what I did with my paycheck. On my last day there he was actually trying to hock off car leases onto me.

Pros

Cons

poor pay

Worked as a cell leader

Price is a great place to work if you want a challenging fast pace environment. The management for the most part treat you well.I would recommend working here. Price taught me to work well as a team and to rely more on each member of the team.

Pros

people

Cons

Family like, really enjoyed my tenure here

Stable company who cares about thweir employees. I really enjoyed working here. Received good growth. Independence to work y I ur oun way. Helpful team mates and leaders.During slowdown the company always try to help people as much as possible. I was able to practice my managerial skills in the field and learened a lot through that.

Be carefull

Promised the world to come to Price only to be let down just over a year later. Closed up shop. Don't trust the "Price Family" the only people included in that is Management and HR. Untrustworthy company that only worries about profits.

Cons

Management communication is non existent

It's Really a nice place to work. I worked as a machine operator. The working environment is very peaceful. I would like to work as an Engineer there after completion of study.

Co-employees are easy to worked with

Most of the cell leaders in EDC were very concerned about the people under them. Working in EDC really needs teamwork to make all the priorities be done on schedule

Productive and workout in gym

The staff is supportive and experienced Good atmosphere to work and friendly team Proper safety measures are taken at workplace Team spirit and lot to learn

Pay was good but not worth the headache of dealing with poorly trained managers. Very fast paste, competitive work environment. Was given no training upon starting. Was yelled at weekly by manager and co-workers.

Management let personal feeling get in the way of business and doesn't care about their employees

Do not work at price electronics. They will underpay and the management does not care about their employees. I was let go with out cause (they in fact flat out refused to tell me why I was being fired and tried to get me to sign confidentiality agreement and wave my legal rights by offering me and extra 2 weeks pay on top of what they legally had to give me). Worked there for 4 years. At year 3 new manager came in and problems began. Several times I tried to enquirer as to how I could improve my job performance and was met with cryptic non answers. Manager had some sort of personal issue with me and despite them trying to find issues with my work they couldn't in over a year worth of trying. They ended up terminating me without cause (and my wife had just given birth a few months earlier). Again I say management doesn't care about the employees and you are disposable. Now employed doing similar work getting paid a lot more and excelling in the position. Issues at price were clearly not with me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Industries Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement