Presteve Foods Limited

Presteve Foods Limited Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Honestly one of the worst places I've ever worked at. working with fishes already as bad as it is, the management, co-workers, bosses sucked. I do not recommend working at this place.
One of the most stressful places to work , with really bad management.
Bad communication between all the working areas.

Over selling the fish every single day.

Orders keep changing until the last second.

Several times I had to remove products from one client to load on another.
Deck hand position, physical labour, good communication skills between the captain and deckhands. Took instructions from the captain and followed direction as required to do.
Enjoyed working as a team and being able to work on the lake everyday.
I wouldn't have minded this job if it was managed differently, but I ended up being bounced around from job to job randomly, while never really knowing where I would end up. The work itself is straight forward enough, though there can be some heavy lifting, and you are likely to end the day smelling terrible, and having been stabbed by a few fish spines.
I have great experience of work over there. All the management members are very helpful. I enjoyed working there. Moreover, pay rate is quite good.
overall, it is a great opportunity for me to work for presteve foods.
This work place was to slow paced no proper management nothing was planned for it was more just thrown out there a few seconds before so ud have to run to set everything up
This company has come a long way over the years and growth is always good for the economy. Presteve Foods Limited is that largest manufacturer selling fish from the great lakes in Canada.
We have numerous plant locations with the main office located in Wheatley (Fishing Capital of Canada), Kingsville and Batchawana Bay.

We support our area with employment and opportunities as well a great work environment. Every business has issues but we are working on improving ours everyday. Our Human Resource contact would love to answer any questions you may have if looking for employment in either location.

There are two work shifts available to new employees with full benefits after probation period. This is a fair employer with history but further more a desire to change as business needs to.
Pros
Better work environment
Cons
Wet environment daily
I worked at presteve foods for 3 years .I got paid straight time from anywhere between 50-70 hrs a week for the entire time I was employed there except for the last 6-8 months when I demanded my overtime pay .Most drivers were paid like that( well not no more thanks to me) lets just say it took a call to ministry of labour to change Presteves ways and even still it was a fight because they did not want to give me what belonged to me ( my lost overtime hours). If you worked in the office or in a mangement position it was great job but any other job title you were treated badly , lied to , told to lie for them or it was your job.The trucks at the time were junk , and when they did get fixed they were just patched , even to this day Im sure its that way.The supervisor treated you disrespectfully as if they were better than you.The only thing I gained from working here was I learned the business made some friends and learned to deal with problems on my own cause god forbid any of the surpervisors don't care about you or your load after 5 pm.
Pros
They will hire anyone so if your just starting out good way yo get your two years driving expeirence
Cons
Now you get overtime and better pay I think its 18 an hour now
Disrespectful supervisors expecting you to work with unsanitary work procedures and hostile work environment.
Very limited amount of training provided. Upper management continuously ignore team member complaints and concerns causing them to have a very high turnover of employees.

Nothing good can be said about this company and in my opinion they should be investigated by the Ministry of Labour and eventually shut down.
Cons
Its a very rough job for men and very tiring job for women. Better if your younger, its a tough job where they expect too much due to short staff and the pay is not worth the work you do or the strain you cause to your body
Cons
long hours, bad management, low staff
overall the pay was good but the people were rude, the environment was not very nice. it was cold, and wet and the smell was unbearable when you would get home and all you smelled was fish.
I found that Presteve Foods has been an enjoyable place to work. It is an atmosphere that won’t be boring but instead keeps it fluid and interesting. There are challenges like any job out there but people really work well in the office together. If you are looking for a job that is a guarantee for laughs and hard work - this is for you! Yes the lunch break is only 30 mins but who needs more? Training is professional and thorough while having continuous support. Most of the staff have been there for quite some time and are very helpful and warm when welcoming new staff. This company is growing fast and needs reliable hard working motivated individuals to join in this growth.
Pros
Warm welcome and great support staff
Cons
Busy office going through growth
Presteve Foods is a very productive and hard working work environment. Every day is the same, you have the stations that you switch from and to during your hours. For me, I started off with packaging and sealing the fish product. Before your break, you are responsible for cleaning/washing and sanitizing your area/station. Then, after lunch, I was keeping an inventory of the boxes of fish that were filled and labeling them as I went. The hardest part of the job is you have to be very fast paced and stay consistent.
This place was a stepping stone for me to become who I am today. The management staff taught me the fundamentals to setting goals and achieving them within a realistic time frame and also taught me how manage time and responsibilities in a timely fashion in order to succeed in the management role I am in today. This is fast paced environment that teaches you how to succeed in real time and ensure the customer is never let down. Management are professionals in the field and very knowledgable in the respective fields. These are real people that want to succeed just as bad as you and I. I would recommend this company because they are stable and success driven and striving to be a leader in the industry. Help build your skills with this great company!
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Work Saturdays
Great group of people to work with, training has been great and friendly staff. I interact with employees from every department including management and owners. I have found every single one to be pleasant and helpful. I have read the other reviews and feel they are misleading and not a true representation of Presteve Foods.
Pros
Fast paced, detailed work.
Cons
Lunch only 30 minutes, shorter then previous employment
Presteve is a great place to work if you hate your family because you will never see them or get any notice so you can make plans. I worked as a driver for two years and almost every day I was lied to or told to lie to others. The maintenance on there equipment is on par with a third world country (bumpers basically falling off as an example) because their maintenance shop is all coked out. The employees have to stab each other in the back to have a decent wage and most of them are ignorant. They have 2 good guys that made my 2 years bearable. There are better jobs out there that pay way better and don't force you to cheat logs and drive junk. Keep looking fokes
Pros
2 good people to work with
Cons
Everything else
I worked at Presteve Food previously and it was a "horrible" experience. That's the best way I can sum it up. The management and staff not friendly. It found it to be an uncomfortable environment to work in, I would not recommend applying to Presteve Foods. Please do yourself a favor.
Presteve Foods is a rapidly growing company in a stable industry. Their concern for the sustainability of the supply of natural resources is taken serious.
Nobody was welcoming. No communication whatsoever between the employee and management. The supervisors would roll their eyes at you if you asked questionsor didn't get it right the first time. Barely any training. Not a fun place to work
No communication between management and employees. No hands on training on any of the machinery. You were put on a machine that could be very dangerous and just left there with no supervision. One of the female supervisors was more of a bully than anything else. All you hear all day is complaining. Most negative environment ever. Do yourself a favor and don't step foot into this place.
Very poor training. No communication between management and employees. Was told would I would be lifting up to 50 lbs. had to lift more then 100 lbs.