Presteve Foods Limited Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Lousy Management with Unsafe Work Enviroment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON13 October 2018
Disrespectful supervisors expecting you to work with unsanitary work procedures and hostile work environment.
Very limited amount of training provided. Upper management continuously ignore team member complaints and concerns causing them to have a very high turnover of employees.
Nothing good can be said about this company and in my opinion they should be investigated by the Ministry of Labour and eventually shut down.
Cons
not a very good place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON7 August 2018
overall the pay was good but the people were rude, the environment was not very nice. it was cold, and wet and the smell was unbearable when you would get home and all you smelled was fish.
Enjoyable place to work
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wheatley, ON7 April 2018
I found that Presteve Foods has been an enjoyable place to work. It is an atmosphere that won’t be boring but instead keeps it fluid and interesting. There are challenges like any job out there but people really work well in the office together. If you are looking for a job that is a guarantee for laughs and hard work - this is for you! Yes the lunch break is only 30 mins but who needs more? Training is professional and thorough while having continuous support. Most of the staff have been there for quite some time and are very helpful and warm when welcoming new staff. This company is growing fast and needs reliable hard working motivated individuals to join in this growth.
Pros
Warm welcome and great support staff
Cons
Busy office going through growth
Productive Hard Working Work Place
Packager (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON15 February 2018
Presteve Foods is a very productive and hard working work environment. Every day is the same, you have the stations that you switch from and to during your hours. For me, I started off with packaging and sealing the fish product. Before your break, you are responsible for cleaning/washing and sanitizing your area/station. Then, after lunch, I was keeping an inventory of the boxes of fish that were filled and labeling them as I went. The hardest part of the job is you have to be very fast paced and stay consistent.
A Great Place to Learn From and Better Your Skills
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON19 November 2017
This place was a stepping stone for me to become who I am today. The management staff taught me the fundamentals to setting goals and achieving them within a realistic time frame and also taught me how manage time and responsibilities in a timely fashion in order to succeed in the management role I am in today. This is fast paced environment that teaches you how to succeed in real time and ensure the customer is never let down. Management are professionals in the field and very knowledgable in the respective fields. These are real people that want to succeed just as bad as you and I. I would recommend this company because they are stable and success driven and striving to be a leader in the industry. Help build your skills with this great company!
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Work Saturdays
Great people
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheatley, ON8 October 2017
Great group of people to work with, training has been great and friendly staff. I interact with employees from every department including management and owners. I have found every single one to be pleasant and helpful. I have read the other reviews and feel they are misleading and not a true representation of Presteve Foods.
Pros
Fast paced, detailed work.
Cons
Lunch only 30 minutes, shorter then previous employment
Wasted 2 years there
AZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON12 August 2017
Presteve is a great place to work if you hate your family because you will never see them or get any notice so you can make plans. I worked as a driver for two years and almost every day I was lied to or told to lie to others. The maintenance on there equipment is on par with a third world country (bumpers basically falling off as an example) because their maintenance shop is all coked out. The employees have to stab each other in the back to have a decent wage and most of them are ignorant. They have 2 good guys that made my 2 years bearable. There are better jobs out there that pay way better and don't force you to cheat logs and drive junk. Keep looking fokes
Pros
2 good people to work with
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place to work
Retail Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON21 June 2017
I worked at Presteve Food previously and it was a "horrible" experience. That's the best way I can sum it up. The management and staff not friendly. It found it to be an uncomfortable environment to work in, I would not recommend applying to Presteve Foods. Please do yourself a favor.
Rapidly growing company in a stable industry
CFO (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON31 March 2017
Presteve Foods is a rapidly growing company in a stable industry. Their concern for the sustainability of the supply of natural resources is taken serious.
Terrible Environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON23 December 2016
Nobody was welcoming. No communication whatsoever between the employee and management. The supervisors would roll their eyes at you if you asked questionsor didn't get it right the first time. Barely any training. Not a fun place to work
Horrible place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON14 October 2016
No communication between management and employees. No hands on training on any of the machinery. You were put on a machine that could be very dangerous and just left there with no supervision. One of the female supervisors was more of a bully than anything else. All you hear all day is complaining. Most negative environment ever. Do yourself a favor and don't step foot into this place.
Poor place to work
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON11 July 2016
Very poor training. No communication between management and employees. Was told would I would be lifting up to 50 lbs. had to lift more then 100 lbs.
Rude Supervisors
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON15 November 2015
The supervisors were very rude. Other employees were kind. Supervisor makes you feel stupid and enjoys talking behind your back.
Nice people to work with
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON12 January 2015
Drive to Ohio, Michigan, or Toronto area and occasionally Illinois and Wisconsin. I enjoyed dealing with customer's receivers and other regular drivers I saw. Worst part was dealing with traffic delays especially in Toronto.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presteve Foods Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6