Prep Academy Tutors

• Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Good schedule

Worked well with my schedule. Great pay. Typically 1-2 hour sessions twice a week. I could work with as many students as my schedule allowed. Some drives were far.

A great tutor agency.

PAT management is dedicated and tries to find the best match for tutors and students. In addition, tutors can have a flexible schedule and attend students houses in a nearby area from their residence.

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Cons

Going to students homes

Great company, good management!

Really nice company to work for, you can choose how many or how few hours/students you want to take on; management is approachable, down-to-earth people, that care about their employees. Pays well, though it’s a bit rough that nothing is deducted from your pay like EI or income tax. Supportive environment, decent work/life balance possible.

Great job, not ideal for full time work

Had a great time working for Prep Academy. My manager was extremely kind and supportive of my own personal life, allowing me to take on less hours of need be. The pay is good, but you have to keep in mind that this is an in-home tutoring company, meaning you will have to travel in order to go to the student's houses. You are not paid for the travel time. Sometimes the travel to and from would take an hour total. Since lessons are often an hour, an hour and a half this means that the total time I'm being paid for is only half of the time I'm taking out of my day. That said, it's a great company. Great for making a little extra money on the side if you are a young teacher or doing your education degree. They only hire teachers/teachers in training. Neither a pro or a con, just information.

Pros

Flexible hours, works with your schedule, good pay

Cons

Must travel to students houses, managers vary between districts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prep Academy Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement