Premier Tech

Premier Tech Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
Not a bad place to work, if the full timers tolerate you. Definite divide between full time employees and temps. The work is fast paced but not overly physically demanding (no heavy lifting for the women).
7 July 2020
Thanks for sending your review. Team members' experience really matters to us and we'll make sure to take your comments into consideration for the future.
multi national gérer comme une pme. Salaire à 1/2 de la valeur
Très belle entreprise attaché à des valeurs humaines fortes, et carde de travail agréable
7 July 2020
Merci pour votre commentaire. Nous sommes ravis de voir que vous appréciez la Culture et les Valeurs de Premier Tech! Bonne journée.
The management team in Carrot River is the worst I’ve ever had the displeasure to deal with. The general manager uses the company as his own personal bank account, he’s a bully, and if you don’t kiss his *ss he’ll make sure you never are happy too the point that you have to quit in order to keep your mental sanity and you’ll never advance( which is why I ended up leaving).
6 July 2020
Thanks for your time and review. We're sorry to read this - we will take your comments into consideration to improve this situation. Have a nice day.
Employees were very helpful in guiding you with the best way to do the job most efficiently. Staff were so nice and willing to give you a chance even though you never worked on an assembly line before.
7 July 2020
Thanks for your time and review! We're happy to know you enjoyed working with us (and your colleagues)!
Poor atmosphere and toxic people. Really bad. Few people need to go and this could be a really good place to work and has lots of potential but management doesn’t seem to know how to fix the problems. Never seen a company that has so many meetings but nothing improves !?
Pros
Free parking ?
Cons
Too many to list
7 July 2020
Thanks for your review. We're sorry to read this - we will take your comments into consideration to improve this situation. Have a great day.
Not a good place if you hate spy and rat. No safety culture at all. Just go work anywhere else. Union is very poor,just good to take money from your pay.
Pros
Cons
A lot
24 April 2020
Tu rentre travailler un matin tu punch a 7am tu a du temp a faire ta job si tu le fait en temp personne chiale si tu boste ton temp tu te fait parler par le forman
9 March 2020
Merci d'avoir pris le temps de nous écrire. Nous espérons que vous avez apprécié votre expérience de travail avec nous! Bonne journée!
Le travail est toujours différents donc rien de trop routinier. Tout le monde à son propre coffre "fournis" par la compagnie. Les superviseurs ne vous respirent pas dans le cou si vous êtes à votre affaire. J'ai vue et travaillé dans des "shop" de plus grosse entreprises qui devrait prendre exemple sur Premier Tech.
6 January 2020
Merci pour vos commentaires. Nous sommes ravis de voir que vous avez apprécié ces aspects de votre travail. Bonne journée!
Premier Tech is unique being a 900M$ Sales company with Head Office located in remote region (20K People City). If you are looking to be part of something special with large enough size to open many opportunities, Ii is the right place to be.

If you like outdoor activities and nature the location will be perfect for you (Head-Office).
6 January 2020
Thanks for your good comments! We're really proud to be able to offer this quality of life (and work!) to our team members. Have a nice day!
Very political place, its who you know, not what you know. Changing so quickly, don't give anything a chance. Scary people, mixed in with incompetent people. It doesn't make sense. Good products.
Pros
Food
Cons
Uncertainty every day who or what department will be moved
6 January 2020
Thanks for your review. We'll take your comments into consideration to improve our team members' experience.
Opportunities given frequently to receive new training, which helped as I advanced in the company. Basic training from first aid and fire extinguisher training, to Health and Safety training.
6 January 2020
Thanks for your review. We're glad to see that you enjoyed being able to acquire new skills while working with us. Have a nice day!
do not treat each employee with respect. poor treatment to evening crew. Each shift is a different team and a lot of hate towards the other crew. there is a lack of leadership.
2 December 2019
Plein de défis pour s’épanouir
Beaucoup de travail d’équipe

Travail / famille
8 October 2019
Merci pour vos commentaires. Nous sommes ravis de voir que vous avez apprécié votre expérience parmi nous. Bonne journée!
Environnement de travail dans un espace trop petit pour ma grandeur. Le milieu syndiqué fait que celui qui à le plus d'ancienneté obtient le poste ouvert.
Pros
Collègues agréables, bonne équipe
Cons
Syndicat
8 October 2019
Merci de nous avoir écrit. Nous sommes heureux de savoir que vous appréciez votre équipe. Nous prendrons vos commentaires en considération pour des améliorations futures. Au plaisir!
Great culture, many cool perks especially if working at the global head office in Rivieres-du-loup.

Lots of opportunities for growth within the company. The management team looks long term and makes decisions in that regard.
8 October 2019
Thanks for you time and review! We're glad to read all of this. Our World Headquarters are indeed a great place to live the PT Culture, but you, team members, are the ones who keep it alive all around the world! Have a nice day!
Well to be honest i was hired as a millwright and after being there 1.5 and .......things would get better but they did not
i lasted the longest being 1,5 years and the millwrights before me lasted weeks ...........should have been a sign to get out.

to any decent trades my best recomendatoin would be if you value your time Don"t waste your time here!!

If you don:t speak up you will be bullied and harrassed daily by a maint. coordinator which his skills are limited , a lot of cobbled up equipment so if you have any pride in your work run for it

Truly any skilled trades do not waste your time at this site most equipment is outdated and would work okay for working out of home

I cannot say anything that was enjoyable at this site some good people that do not deserve to be treated badly
Pros
Cons
Not enough rom to be able to write down the con's
24 March 2019
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are sorry to read this, and we will take your comment into consideration to further improve our team members' experience. Have a nice day.
When I started at Premier Tech, I felt welcomed, beside from one person who been there for 20 years. This person is a real Jackal and Hyde. She will make you think everything is okay, but she working things against you. From my first week, I was expected to know there system and done everything that the previous person was in that job. They were helpful until I got told they can't show me where i go again. The two lady make it that you need to work Independent but yet you need to work as a team. There is no formal training. Just jump in to the fire and go, with no room to learn or make any level of mistake, The company otherwise is good, but like I said its a jackal and hyde work place. One week everything is okay and next week not. I got told from my manager that i had job security and i had there support when two weeks later you let go for not "fitting in". I respect everything there and all around I think it still a okay place to work. But I am disappointed that everything came to an end, leaving me and my family in limbo. I stopped eating 2 weeks ago, so my child can. I still wish them all the best.
Pros
free food at the first week of the month
Cons
management, that one women
14 March 2019
Hello.
Thank you for taking some time to share your experience. At Premier Tech, we truly value the right to make mistakes, with the duty to learn from them. However, there is always room for improvement, and we will take your opinion into consideration.
- Nice place for new graduates who want to learn a lot of things. A lot of project , technologies and tools to work with.
- Salaries are under the market rate
28 February 2019
Thanks for your feedback! We’re glad to read you like working on large projects and that it allows you to grow professionally! We will take all your comments into consideration.
Overall, looks like a great company, however, from the inside it’s unorganized and Rotten. People always throw the balls one another. There is no training in any department or barely. As long as you smile and look good you will find your place but don’t speak too loud. The work load is intense, they are a cheap compagne who will cut expenses by expanding the task you have. . There is a lots of structuration that would need to be done . Internally , on the management side and on procedures and how to do works . Working smart is not in their culture, it’s more work hard even if it takes double the time .
It’s a company that’s in business for 90 years and they are not interested in changing . They are not ready to trend with 2019 / 2000s
Pros
Could not find a lot
Cons
Read my review
21 February 2019
Hello! We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, and we will take your comment into consideration. Thank you for taking some time to share your review.
the job was really easy to pick up everything. it was a bit dusty but a great place to work.there is allways something to do there great people to work with. the hardest part of the job was getting used to the dust. bad part was some of the heavy lifting.
Pros
pretty good money
Cons
just the dust was bad.
25 October 2018
Hello,

we are pleased to see that you liked your job at Premier Tech. We took into consideration your general comments about dust and heavy lifting. We always want to make sure that all our team members are satisfied. Thanks for your time and for sharing your point of view.

Have a good day!