PREMIER HOMECARE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Scheduling is all over the place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 June 2019
Shifts are all over the place. One can be sent to Scarbrough in the AM for an hour then to North York later in the afternoonn for three hours;not very efficient scheduling and utilization of staff
fun
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 January 2018
good company and nice people around to work with. very energetic people and will not disappoint you. they love helping other people and giving them a very comfortable environment.
Don't like the company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 December 2017
There are no benefits and salary are low(maybe because I work part time). Feel not valued at all, little connection except when you do something wrong...

One glad thing is my major client is good, but I also met clients who are in pain suffering and really bad mood
Productive and rewarding job in caring for the elderly
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
I enjoy working in the environment the company is sending me. It us usually providing care and daily assistance to elderly at their own homes or in the nursing residences. The Management of Premier Homecare is also very passionate in their work in helping and supporting their clients and providing supervisions to their employees on necessary guidelines on how to perform their task accordingly.
Pros
Increasing pay
fun
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON6 December 2016
meeting different clients\
different disabilities
washing feeding dressing transfusing clients
working alone
co workers can be other caregivers,
different agency staff
hardest part i find i one person transfers
i enjoyed meeting new faces
Pros
new faces
Cons
short shifts
Safe workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2016
Learned and developed new and valuable skills and knowledge.
Excellent collaborative team, safe and supportive environment to work.
Dont work for this company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 October 2016
This is by far the worst company to work for. Your so under payed and they never have hours. When I worked for them I call and sent emails and no reply at all. The husband and wife only use people. They don't care about their client they just want to get paid. I reported to both husband and wife who own the company about issues relating to a client and they did nothing about it. I feel sorry for the client and the staff. Stay away from this business. They always put adds up that they are hiring but yet they can't even give the staff they already have hours.

I rate them -10
Pros
No pros
Cons
100 cons
Past employee
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 June 2016
I started working with this company in 2014 April 17th I have not left the agency just not active . . . I worked with them when the hours were poor not enough clients and had very bad clients at that family members picked on me a lot and complained my supervisor was awesome also the other psws I worked with on the two person visits were always amazing people but I was under paid and not treated right and consumers families always called to complain would be nice to experience the good things people are now leaving in the reviews this time 2016 I've tried to give my time to them but they just ignored and never got back they say they don't have no work for the time I'm available and nothing has changed since last time I saw a future with this company but guess bad rap sheet from the clients they had leaving my honest review never let families walk on you and treat you like your nothing and its always good to be unionized and always communicate with your supervisor
Pros
Potential good agency great supervisors and psws
Cons
Under paid, bad relationship between employer and employee, no union, no benefits
Healthcare Company
Public Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2014
I develop ways to promote Premier Homecare Services in Etobicoke through media and bloggers.
better
Personal Support Worker/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto,On7 March 2014
homecare services upated training and care to clients....more clients..more work...
Cool Management with serious result oriented approach
Marketing Specialist(intern) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2013
Working on marketing aspects related to me
Working with great management and project managers helped me with insights on agency based work environment
getting to know about the industry and getting support for my work
Getting appreciated every time was really great.
I got less office time but that is altogether a different aspect
Pros
great people whom you can connect with, good culture adaptation and acceptance in the circle
Cons
less office time given