Premform logo
Premform

Premform Employee Reviews

Worked there back in the 90's, I'm sure it's a very different company today

Worked there a long time ago as a Surveyor/layout man. Had the opportunity to work on many diverse and interesting projects from Fallsview Casino to the Sheppard subway line. Management was generally competent and friendly. However at times I was overly depended upon to the point of NOT being able to take sick days ( even when I had pneumonia) and my time was freely offered to other trades with incompetent layout/grade men.

Pros

Approachable management

Cons

Never-ending workload

Good

Good company to work for, fair people. Family atmosphere. Understanding and flexible. Busy and using good equipment l. That is all. Locate based and kkk

Health and Safety Manager is a Nightmare

The owner of the company is great! They pay is good if the Health and Safety Manager likes you, if you work in her department she decides what you get. The manager of the Health and Safety department is out of her mind. She yells at everyone and places blame on everyone else if thing go wrong, When its her fault if went wrong. Her assistants know more then her and do all the work and she tells everyone its her. Some people are just not meant to be a manager. The company over all is good they just need to open there eyes to the extremely high turn over rate in the health and safety department and ask themselves why? answer the manager of the department

Productive and competitive workplace

Management is very supportive and considerate. Co-workers are very professional and fun to work with. Accomplishments are valued. Would recommend to anyone.

Safety is only required on some sites depending on the builder

premform only cares about their pockets and have no regard for the worker. Safety is a joke they care about looking good for the MOL . safety requirements vary from site to site. People getting laid off for making claims through WSIB. My coworkers and I many times have had to walk down more then 40 floors after working overtime and through lunch risking falling down the stairs and nobody knowing

Productive place to work respectable coworkers

Enjoy the knowledge and experiences learned at this job. Forman's were attentive and helpful. I was able to accrue a lot of overtime on this site with concrete pours.

Pros

knowledgeable and saftey commited company

Cons

often worked through lunches

Highrise Formwork

Great Ownership, some of the individuals in management positions may not have been the right fit for the company, as with all organizations. World class technicians. Fun work environment.

hard work but rewarding

typical day from 7am to 3.30pm co workers and Formans are easy to work with and always willing to teach new things it is high rise construction so it is hard work but it's rewarding to see the hard work become a building

all right place to work

not bad place to work but the travel was to much. i lived in cambridge and all the work was in GTA. The foreman were reasonable. the pay great and so were the benefits.

Pros

great pay

Cons

travel time

my introductio to formwork.

being young when I started I was shown the ropes. Premform took the time to train me and help me understand my job better. I would happily go back to premform if I'm ever in Ontario again.

Jobs at Premform

See more jobs

High profile work in downtown Toronto

Premform is a great company who not only instructed but trained and moulded me into the worker I am today. Not only is a high standard set but is achieved and maintained through management to the workforce.

Pros

Health and safety procedures and policies ensure a positive enviroment

Cons

N/a

Great learning experience, excellent productivity

I learned many new skills through this job. The workplace was fun and easy to adjust. All workers were friendly and cooperative. It was an amazing experience.

productive, safety first and work environment open to success.

work days start at 7 AM for all trades, except the swamper which starts at 6:30 AM. The wall carpenters as myself and the swampers are the ones that normally finish later. A normal work day ends around 3:15 PM for most of the trade men.

Productive and busy

i loved this job more then my recents, i earned respect and commitment with everyone, lots of hard work, pay was 24 a hour to start. so you can think how hard it was. it was great place.

Productive and Family oriented workplace - Rate a 5 star

Enjoyed working at Premform Limited. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. There was nothing hard to do on my job. I knew what was expected of my work each day. Thank you Premform Ltd.

Pros

Free Lunches every Friday

Its construction,

Its high rise and so the view is always great :), the co-workers are good people, my only regret is that some foreman should never be one, for lack of knowledge

fun at times

I learned how to form concrete and build almost anything out of wood. Co workers are tough on new guys. Hardest part of the job was to make the boss happy.

Pros

good money

Cons

need to buy alot of clothing and tools.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premform. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement