Praxair Employee Reviews

US company
Jr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2015
Great place to work, relationship with US is key and makes work a little difficult when completing tasks due to different perspectives. great employees, fun, well managed. busy during month end for finance employees.
great exposure ,nice people to work with
process engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga4 August 2015
great exposure ,nice people to work with
The pay is not that great , no career opportunities, need to improve their training system
If you are willing to do the work ,there is a lot to learn
Productive work environment
Accounting Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2015
Great company to work for and a very nice work environment. A fast paced work environment. Work life balanced. Long hours expected on a regular basis.
Great work environment.
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  GTA15 March 2015
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. I enjoyed visiting the different locations. It was a great experience and I learned a lot.
Good place
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC1 July 2014
Very interesting industry. I was very happy with most managment
and learned a new industry, Seeking more of a senior level in the
Credit department. There is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Free Lunches
large company
Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 May 2014
poor management, employees not treated well, a union would give workers more security and leverage
Dangerous
Chemical Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC12 May 2014
During my time at Prax we had several major safety violations that were skirted by the local Management team.
This is not a good company
Health Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sk16 December 2013
This company cuts people for no reason with no warning. We were told there would be no more cuts this year, and two months later, they cut my job. They acquired me from another company and didn't like my pay scale, here today gone tomorrow. They don't care if you do a great job and take good care of people. Management is all about money!. They preach Integrity but they don't show any.
Pros
I had a great relationship with my clients
Cons
hostile environment, non existant managers
good pay for hard work
Professional driver (Former Employee) –  Montreal, quebec5 November 2013
Praxair management are great and treat you with respect. They stress safety. hardest part of job is being gone during the week but the most enjoyable part is knowing they stand behind you.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long days
Watch your back
Sales (Former Employee) –  Peterborough18 September 2013
Seems good for the first year, then you notice and feel everyone starting to back stab u and hang you out to dry, no training but lots of innapropriate mess when you mess up: staff in ptbo are all winers and not in it for the love of the clients.

Customer service skills need some serious help
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
All abouve
A great experience
Shipping/Recieving/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2013
I met a lot of hardworking individuals and I am glad for the experience.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Midnight shifts
Use to be a fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2013
Worked at Praxair for 16.5 years had one incident and according to there rules were suppose to be allowed 2 , I had an incident and the people like Transportation manager for Edmonton and western Canada did nothing but cover there own back sides. the Driver supervisor who is suppose to be there for the drivers ran to Winnipeg MB as the National Vice President of Praxair Canada was on the War path because of all the incidents involving other drivers i was used as a wiping post. Every one who was suppose to help me ran for the hills. They change rules to suit them selves like smoking in the trucks, grounds for instant dismissal nope not in Edmonton the manager buries his head in the sand, like driver supervisor also. Also mangement swept things under the carpet to suit them selves. Like i said use to be a great place to work not now as a driver your a number
Pros
A great bunch of drivers, the mechanics are great.
Cons
Management changes rules to make them selves look good.
productive, reliable and proficient workplace
Banking/Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2013
Typical day at work is very responsible, busy and sometimes with critical deadlines.
I have learned to meet challenging deadlines, analyze problems, resolve issues in professional manner, make well thought out decisions and to take accountability of assigned jobs
Professional, well organized management that gives serious consideration to every aspect of jobs
Very friendly, easygoing and helpful co-workers who are always willing to assist/help when necessary.
The hardest part of the work is sometimes the volume and the long hours on month closing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my united team members and successfully completing the assigned projects by deadline.
Pros
friendly environment, benefits, reliable
Cons
long hours, limited opportunities
great work hours close to home
Shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta2 April 2013
it was a good shift only 15 min from my home,
overtime posted often,
Pros
good people
Cons
lack of training and lack of communication between management and workers
poor
cylinder processor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC13 February 2013
untrustworthy, unreliable, poor mgt, does not follow guidlines, breaks wcb regs
excellent organization skills and enjoy the daily challenge of a fast paced environment
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 October 2012
Administrative experience of 6 years while assisting the floor. As such duties rang from paper work to packaging boxes as a strong team player..
A Profitable & Loyal Employer
Auditor / Special Projects / Project Management (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2012
PRAXAIR is a VERY SAFETY COMMITTED organization that provides its employees with superior compensation, excellent training, significant opportunity for education & advancement and significant stability, security and good life/work balance.
Pros
working conditions, opportunities and compensation.
Cons
culture.
Challenging place to work in
Supervisor, Warehouse & Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2012
It's a fortune 500 company which specializes in Industrial gas and hardgoods. It's fun and challenging to work at this company.
grande entreprise trop occupeé très profesionelle
Commis de facturation, inventaire, et collection (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 October 2017
j ai appris beaucoup dans les 2 ans de travail chez praxair une entreprise très occupe j ai fais multifonction position
Excellent
Commis service à la clientèle/vente/conseil (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC3 September 2017
Excellent endroit! Bonne équipe, très bon salaire, horaire fixe, emploi stable et permanent, beaucoup d'avantages sociaux, formations continues, programme d'aide aux employés, bons boss, possibilité d'avancement, vacances, fériés, mobiles ou maladie et bien plus! La job idéale!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.