PrairieCoast Equipment

PrairieCoast Equipment Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Good Shop Culture
We always have had a good shop culture and that's the reason why guys return and stay for 10 plus years. There are times some of the new hires when they don't work out, should be let go sooner instead of dragging out the enevitable.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Need better organizing from Sales with requests
Awesome place to work
Did not pay enough so i had to find another job. Management is exceptional. Everyone had respect and taught me a lot. Great experience all together. Definitely worth dropping your resume off!
Pretty great place to work
Prairie coast is a good place to work. The staff community is close knit and like no other place I've worked. The lack of money put towards tools is a bit disappointing. The breakfast get togethers are a good time to show up for. Over all I recommend working for Prairie Coast Equipment.
Great morale, low employee turnover
Prairie Coast is a great place to work. There can be very stressful days during seeding and harvest season, but other than that it's a relaxed and friendly environment to learn and work in. They also offer good training programs for people who are new to the industry.
Pros
Very good benefits--good hours-friendly staff
great place to work at.
awesome co-workers to work with, I can be home everyday, on Fridays we have home style baked goods which is amazing. we have great team work that's what makes it a fun place to work.
Pros
home style baked goods
Good place to work.
Good place to work close to home. Get baked goods every Friday, awesome co-workers to work with and a friendly environment. Get the experience to work on different equipment.
Pros
Intresting co-workers.
Enjoyable working experience
There's almost always a positive attitude in the shop and lots of support among the co-workers. Guys typically keep things pretty lighthearted even if a job isn't going like planned. Also enjoy the hours I work and that I get to work close to home.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Enjoyable place to work.
As an apprentice mechanic, PrairieCoast has treated me very well as they have paid my way through school and are training me on the job as well. Thankful for my job and enjoy my work environment.
Pros
Dounut Friday.
Good place to work. Overall a good group of people to work with. Get to be home everyday and have full Benefits. Get backed goods every Friday for coffee break
Pros
-Home everyday - work in town -benefits
Had a rough experience with the management. She tends to bully people and shame them over being them selfs.
I will never recommend this place to anyone the staff is amazing people but the one manager is absolutely not fit to in the position she has 🤷‍♀️ good luck everyone this lady is evil. I would never recommend this place to my worst enemy. Even all the staff are leaving because of her.
Pros
Staff are amazing
Cons
One manager. Being lulled in 20 direction
Friedliest work environment
Everyone was very friendly, nice, and helpful to any new employees. Great job environment and amazing management. It is a great place to work and great team to be a part of.
Pros
Great manager and team
Great Business
From the begging the Balisky Family supported and helped develop individuals to be successful.
PrairieCoast also provided the opportunity to become a shareholder with the company as a reward for treating the business as if it was your company.
Pros
Shareholder Opportunities
Heavy duty
Management is lacking no one will help you out if you have questions highly recommend no one works for Prairie Coast. Has a highest turnover rate for mechanics
No security, horrible management
- no training, you have to figure things out for yourself. Management has a sloppy (at best) understanding of revenue generating tasks
- employees of 40+ years still get canned. If it wasn't for the respect and drive established by the co-workers the business wouldn't be standing at all

- Many if not most are waiting to move on, have already left, or are waiting out their retirement

I wouldn't suggest working here if you plan to have a future.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Too many to list.
understaffed
Great place for learning hands on, but not much supervision or mentorship. Co-workers all very nice and easy to work with. Most enjoyable part - co-workers. Hardest part of job - no one to learn from.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, birthday celebrations.
Cons
understaffed
A very good company with great people and strong values
Working at PrairieCoast equipment has been a great experience. They are a top notch company with lots of long term employees, and loyal customers. The company gives back to the community and treats their employees well. I'm very proud to work at this company.
Pros
Awesome people to work with, great benefits with lots of perks, no lay-offs in slow season
Cons
Long commute to Chilliwack
This company I thought was very good to work for, I found out in 9 months that this company seems to go through management staff yearly. When you see such turn around you than ask yourself what is going on, you need to be careful on managers and senior management as they play games with staff. Just note asked yourself why do they seem to go through so many people so fast.
Pros
Customers are great
Cons
Management be veryt careful, they can not be trusted
Excellent Company
This company spoils their employees. I would work for them again in a heartbeat. They care about the customer and achieve to meet the desires of the market. There was no drama here and everyone was there to work and support eachother.
the only reason I am leaving is my position was only for a temp receptionist. PrairieCoast has expressed the desire to keep me but due to the downturn in our economy there is no winter position.
I loved doing the Payroll
I really enjoyed every aspect of doing the companies Payroll.
Pros
great people, and place to work at
Cons
job security gone