Prairie Valley School Division

Insights into Prairie Valley School Division

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great schools to work at

I am a current Educational Assistant and I can honestly say this is a wonderful company to work for. I drive at least 30-45 to most schools but I was aware of that when I applied. You will need a reliable vehicle to do this job or have a great friend or partner who can drive you to these schools. I have only had one bad experience with grouchiness at one school and I always think if you hate your job then please quit so those around can still enjoy theirs. You will have a great support but sometimes you will get thrown in so be comfortable with the unexpected and comfortable being uncomfortable at times. Most of the children and teens you will be working with are ELS, ADD/ADHD/Autistic/ wheelchair bound and high risk youths. Expect to hear somethings you never thought possible but that is their reality and life. You should get your Lift and release certification for this sort of job.

Pros

You can pick and choose the jobs you want

Cons

winter weather so road conditions can be scary

Productive fun and relaxing

Excellent place to work. Management is very supportive. Benefits are very good. Good payment. People say during summer caretakers have hard and busy job but my experience says otherwise. It is physically demanding but relaxing too.

Authoratative

Prairie Valley School Division does not allow you the opportunity to shine. There are too many levels of checks and balances and may work for a new inexperienced employee, however does not work for a mature, well rounded employee.

Small friendly feel

Newer school division. Smaller and rural. Seems like there's more money in the division to go around, to support the needs of students and classrooms. Very refreshing attitude compared to public school divisions in larger cities (i.e. Regina public). My job required a 30ish min commute each day but I enjoyed teaching in a different city than where I lived. Overall, great place to work!

Awesome place to Work

Nice friendly staff. Organized and well maintained. High benifit with pension plan from Sask School Board. Overall best place to work with no politics.

Awesome place for a student to work

I loved working, and the hours and pay were very fair. The work was very difficult at times as there was some heavy-lifting and strategic thinking involved, but working with four other students who were willing to put in as much effort and fun as I did made it awesome.

Politics, Bullying and Harassment

This School Division hasnt changed in 35 years. It's still small town memtality with racism, sexism, and nepotism at its finest. There has never been a concern or policy on bullying/harassment. This system is filled with politics, favouritism as well as outright mistreatment of students and staff with nothing being done. I have sat in silence for too long and had to see a student commit suicide before anything was ever done about mental health.

Pros

Pay is Good

Cons

Stress, Discrimination, Bullying, Harassment

School setting

Work specifically with special needs children. The job is hectic but fun. We only work 6 hours a day and do not receive pay for school breaks, therefore the wage becomes very low per month.

Pros

summer off

Cons

Hard work. low wage

Great

I didn't really want to fill out this review, but it seems to be mandatory, unfortunately. Also, apparently, this needs to be a little bit longer, so...

Pros

they pay you

Cons

not very well

Outstanding School Board!

I have learned invaluable career and life lessons working for PVSD. There were many opportunities for advancement. The school admin and superintendents were knowledgeable and always ready to help.

great place to work

I worked in the kindergarten classroom. It was great environment and taught me a lot about children. I was primary responsible for helping the teacher her everyday routine of organizing the class having assignments corrected and admin duties complete.

Loved working with teachers and children.

The teachers at this school were very good. Loved the children and was able to transfer the skills I gained in other jobs and transfer them to this.

Pros

Was very part time

Cons

Loved the kids

I enjoy working with students and the school has a very helpful staff and administration.

I am a school teacher. Typical day at work begins early in the morning preparing my classes. I teach 5 classes a day to high school students.

Pros

Excellent work place

Cons

Lots of preparation required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prairie Valley School Division. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement