Prairie Mountain Health

Prairie Mountain Health Employee Reviews

Great people, many advancement opportunities, friendly people, supportive environment. They protect the well being of their employees and your future is secure
best job place ever ,good colleagues and awesome people including health care aide,nurses and yes residents of Fairview they are so loved and yes union also help us but i never need that help
Pros
good management
Cons
nothing
A very polluted, disrespectful place to work Poor management and ongoing Bullying and constant Harrassing by coworkers and management Management have no skills and experience Work on favouritism only and thrive on bringing people down stressful workplace and extremely Toxic environment Work by threatening employees No follow up on ongoing problems
Pros
Corrupt management will run you into the ground and bury you. They thrive on this Losers.
Cons
Long hours. Bad pay. Corrupt management, toxic workplace, backstabbing. employees. Disrespectful workplace
Nice and friendly colleague. I would recommend people to work here. This position here can keep you busy for a day, a month, and whole year. Good managers and good management system.
Based on my experience: Pros: The hourly wage is good (Blue Cross reductions every other paycheque can be a little brutal), 7.75 hour shifts don't usually drag, schedule is on a fixed six week rotation, work can pretty active (lots of walking, scrubbing, folding, etc) and it isn't retail or kitchen. Cons: Job becomes repetitive FAST, management is a mess, addressing problems with other staff are met with false hope or dismissed outright due to red tape, morale is low, LOTS of gossip, is unionized but only to protect those who don't want to actually work while there, the Supervisor rotation for this site is terrible, site is old and rooms don't look clean even if you spent an hour (or more) working on getting them clean.
It was a great experience for me to work in the community. Got to meet a lot of people in the community. Made some good friends. Loved the co workers I was working with. Great hours.
Worked at this place before and the management is a bunch of insecure bullies .. they do everything they tell you not to do ...dress code etc this place honestly should be shut down and be embarressed in there management rolls
I really enjoy meeting new people and working with great people! Working for PMH has been a wonderful experience and continues to be different everyday!
A typical day is running reports, maintaining, changing, and correcting information in the data base, and auditing. Assist employees to gain access to different programs. Management is always there to support you. The only reason why I would ever feel the need to leave, would be to be closer to family.
I was at the lodge /hospital/ER. I loved my residents, patients and what I did each day . Staff talked terrible about residents but still have a job , I was let go being on my phone in our report room . Higher management treated lower paid staff terrible. Senior employees treated new employees like garbage, back stabbed. I have been in this career for 22 years and have never been treated so terrible in my life. I was forced to baseclly quit by union due to my higher up lying specific to higher to have me fired. Then when it came to me applying at new employment they gave the worst reference. It honestly broke my heart due to the fact I loved my job and my residents. I was basically kicked in the face for my care but really appreciated families telling me they lost one of the best. 😡
Worst managers ever/too many of them!!Very hateful in every aspect. Looking down on everyone and everything that you try to do. You can't even breath before you know it..you will be in a HR meeting
The management and staff are great to work with. I had a great experience working in Souris with Prairie Mountain Health. They have a great program dealing with resident who have dementia.
you don't want my review its a bad place to work don't work there understaffed always working short always doubles wouldn't go back so take my advice don't go there for work
As a clerk with Prairie Mountain Health, there is a learning curve. Currently under enormous changes, there is room for growth and opportunity. The pay is barely above minimum wage, but it's a fairly stable job.
A fast-paced, supported work environment with the ability to work independently. Policy support and supervisory guidance while individually prioritizing and balancing workload.
I've worked for Prair Mountain Health Home Care I am qualified to change briefs, Pari-care and meditation, bathing and other personal care also would do laundry clean home.
I’m in a term position right now and don’t mind it but I hate in my position to have to work so many days in row and being understaffed I have a little and a husband who is a long haul driver. I don’t want to miss my little girl growing up and depending on my dad to watch and I feel like I don’t get raise her cause I’m working so much
Working with Prairie Mountain Health was very fulfilling and the reason for leaving was furthering my education and relocated. The staff were easy to work with and made going to work fun and enjoyable. The company has a lot of opportunities to move around within different departments. I learned how to important my position was very important. I was also able to pass that knowledge on to other employees that were starting within the company.
Managment isn’t very helpful when it come to backing up members. Long hours. Heavy work. Always working short staffed. Mandated very often to stay often because people are always calling in sick. Shift work. Hours often happen to be 16 hour days because people call in sick all the time
Most often the workday flies by. As an Health Care Aide your work personally with residents and or patients. Like any setting there are conflicts as well as too much politics. I have learned to ignore such and concentrate on the task at hand which is giving quality care. A diverse culture make life interesting and a chance to learn different ways to communicate. Management plays a key role in such and other areas to keep a healthy, learning and positive work environment. The hardest part of any Health Care profession is the physical drain on ones body. Being on your feet all day on concrete floors. However, being of help and providing kindness to my residents, families and co-workers gives me satisfaction and makes for an enjoyable vocation.
Very good atmosphere, with bubbly people as you work as a team to complete tasks.Provide top notch care for residents, as they are unable and need the assistance. Very knowlegable staff and management, that will help you with any questions or concerns.