Work wellbeing score is 68 out of 100

Prairie Mountain Health Employee Reviews

Canada89 reviews

healthshiftstaffcareworkingenvironmentlotenjoy

Meh

They were fair, wages were low, management did not care about employees. Co workers were great and families could be hit or miss. not the best job I’ve ever had but a good job for the region

Work environment

Is a good place to work. I enjoy working for prairie mountain health. They treat the staff very well. We have a union so we are treated fairly always

Insights into Prairie Mountain Health

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Very physical...no appreciation expected

very fast paced job..on your feet for 8 hours and no matter what you give it will never be good enough..management is the biggest issue with the housekeeping department

Pros

non

Cons

physical, never reminded how appreciative

Be careful where you choose to work. Be aware of extreme toxic management.

What is the best part of working at the company?The job is fulfilling but the management sucks!! What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Too many bad employees and managers are kept in this industry whilst most of the good ones either quit or get pushed out. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's very toxic. The culture is mixed which is OK What is a typical day like for you at the company?For the most part if you know your job duties it's great. I knew my job well and enjoyed seeing the elderly.

Supportive coworkers

Fast paced environment. Learned a lot from when I worked here. Supportive colleagues, the downsides are getting mandated in a frequent manner and working short staffed.

Underpaid and unfairly treated

Would not recommend. Poor communication, skills, or even a bit of care from anyone in management. We are not treated well or paid well for the work we do. Other staff (including management) talk down on you as if you’re a felon or some low life. Do yourself a favour and keep your sanity.

Pros

Fairly easy work

Overworked and Underpaid

Mandatory overtimeShift workPhysical workEvery second weekendNot the worst job you can get but you will be worked hard, under appreciated and paid little in return

Awful company to work for

One of the worst companies to work for. They don’t care about their employees- you’re just a number to them. The pay is fair but the mangement is horrible and doesn’t care about employees or residents.

Avoid at all cost!

Don't. Seriously. Just don't.You'd be better off cage fighting in the Philippines for pennies a day. They'd at least be more honest and upfront than working here.

Pay not good

Decent place to work, fast paced kinda short staffed (so lots of extra hours if you want) some managers are decent most are not. Would recommend to someone who can handle shift work (it’s not for everyone)

Pros

Coworkers excellent

Cons

Not good pay for job

Always changing

Decent place to work for. Although they definitely underestimate the importance of staffing clerks and how without staffing clerks alot of departments would not have staff working. One thing that needs to change is communication but pretty sure that is every job

meh!!! never ever

house keeping was very stressful, bad coworkers who didnt like the fact that the hr hired a black person, they made me quit the job tbh, would never recommend a friend for the housekeeping role

Difficult workplace. Lots of inconsistencies.

Prairie Mountain Health is a difficult place to work when your first starting out. The staff can be very rude and unhelpful. So much "small town gossiping" it gets annoying.

Pros

Helping people. Making them smile.

Cons

Rude staff makes you feel awful.

Productive with lots of Personal Development courses

Productive with lots of Personal Development courses. The pay is alright but they can improve on the pay. Since the pandemic has shown us that the low pay workers are actually the essential ones

Was a good life experience on what I did not want to do for a career

Was so excited to work there, unfortunately the ladies treat you like you’re trying to steal their jobs. As a new recruit they try to be little you as quick as possible, management does nothing to stand up for you or even help. Often you get blamed for negative experiences brushed on you, after working here I definitely don’t recommend it to anyone regardless of age or if you feel you have a tough skin. The women you work with will make you feel so awful and talk behind your back even if you just said good morning to them it’s insane. Never have I ever had a negative work experience like I have there. Leaving the job was a sigh of relief beyond and I do hope they can resolve the toxic environment they have allowed for too long.

Mental Health management displays “old-school” authoritarian style not a positive, team building approach.

Excellent mental health clinicians. Management needs additional training on empathy and the company as a whole needs to train management about how to support employee mental health. It is a company’s responsibility to cross train people in each job so when employees need time off or are sick (mentally or physically) that the employee is not denied because the company is ill prepared to deal with the vacancy. It’s good practice for both the employees and the business.

Pros

A “pro” to working here should be something like positive environment, building up employees to feel they make a difference, not “free lunches” as is suggested by the example

Cons

Authoritarian style management

A variety of co-workers who are dedicated and helpful

Working for PMH for many years, I appreciate how rewarding this job was and the experiences I had during my time there. Although in the earlier years it was a place where the philosophy was focused on the client and meeting ALL their needs, it dwindled down to more of a business mindset, leaving the client feeling more like a "number"than the person who contributed to our society for many decades. It was very disheartening and hard for me, to be considered part of this..it was not my way! I believe that we should always try to remember to treat others, as we would like to be treated..with respect and dignity! If PMH would return back to this mindset, they would an above & beyond employer to work for!

Pros

Helping people stay independent in their own homes

Cons

Very little recognition for employees

Office staff are very hard to get along with. Constant changing of schedule.

I do not find the office staff to be approachable. They tend to get snarky when you ask a simple question. Other than enjoying the clients I would never ever recommend working out of the Brandon office.

Pros

Cons

Consistently changing schedule, very unfriendly in office

Good company

Enjoyed working with home care. Getting to know the clients in the community and helping then is very fulfilling. Great co workers. Most of the time you are independent.

Very good experience working with PMH.

Supportive and encouraging from manager. Great MHRN team to work with. Staff are provided with all the information required to fulfill work duties in every area.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Stressful

Job Tasks Are Fine

Thought I had posted my review to this profile but apparently not. Anywho, here's my review:Based on my experience:Pros: The hourly wage is good (Blue Cross reductions every other paycheque can be a little brutal), 7.75 hour shifts don't usually drag, schedule is on a fixed six week rotation, work can pretty active (lots of walking, scrubbing, folding, etc) and it isn't retail or kitchen.Cons: Job becomes repetitive FAST, management is a mess, addressing problems with other staff are met with false hope or dismissed outright due to red tape, morale is low, LOTS of gossip, is unionized but only to protect those who don't want to actually work while there, the Supervisor rotation for this site is terrible, site is old and rooms don't look clean even if you spent an hour (or more) working on getting them clean, there is very little teamwork and it would be best to not trust ANYONE.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prairie Mountain Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement