Prairie Mountain Health

• Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good company

Enjoyed working with home care. Getting to know the clients in the community and helping then is very fulfilling. Great co workers. Most of the time you are independent.

Very good experience working with PMH.

Supportive and encouraging from manager. Great MHRN team to work with. Staff are provided with all the information required to fulfill work duties in every area.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Stressful

Job Tasks Are Fine

Thought I had posted my review to this profile but apparently not. Anywho, here's my review:Based on my experience:Pros: The hourly wage is good (Blue Cross reductions every other paycheque can be a little brutal), 7.75 hour shifts don't usually drag, schedule is on a fixed six week rotation, work can pretty active (lots of walking, scrubbing, folding, etc) and it isn't retail or kitchen.Cons: Job becomes repetitive FAST, management is a mess, addressing problems with other staff are met with false hope or dismissed outright due to red tape, morale is low, LOTS of gossip, is unionized but only to protect those who don't want to actually work while there, the Supervisor rotation for this site is terrible, site is old and rooms don't look clean even if you spent an hour (or more) working on getting them clean, there is very little teamwork and it would be best to not trust ANYONE.

The walls have ears

Don’t trust anyone... a lot of people out for themselves and their own interests. Very toxic work environment... the walls have ears!! Lol there are good people there but many bad

Pros

Hours

Cons

Always on call

Rewarding

The work was always explained very well so that you knew what was to be done everyday and so that you always had you task done with the time given. The people you work with were always willing to help if needed and the work environment was enjoyable

Pros

Benefits where amazing

Cons

Early hrs

Extremely satisfying

It allowed me to gain new skills needed for improvement . Working as a team member it allowed me the security and chance for advancement. Having a clear idea of what is expected as an employee.

Leadership

I did work prairie mountain health just one month and half only. My intentions were to work longer time & contribute, but the employment didn't last due to micro managing environment/culture of the department. Truth is professionals cannot be micromanaged. Silo type working style in the department.If anybody in a leadership position he or she need to aware he or she leading people not just like himself or herself.The workplace is highly policy centric and not new employee centric.Anyway the working environment is challenging and lots of opportunity for improvement, but it is difficult because there isn't a place for curious perspectives to thrive to ideas and way towards innovation. the ratings remains in a low key just accredited. They need to understands and need to work on key Objective Results as a frame work and develop. Thank You.

Pros

Resilient to bring my expertise

Cons

Policy centric, Objective key result identified incorrectly

Desire environment

best job place ever ,good colleagues and awesome people including health care aide,nurses and yes residents of Fairview they are so loved and yes union also help us but i never need that help

Pros

good management

Cons

nothing

Poor lacks compassion and support. Bullying and Harrassing encouraged by management. Management lack skills on employee development

A very polluted, disrespectful place to work Poor management and ongoing Bullying and constant Harrassing by coworkers and management Management have no skills and experience Work on favouritism only and thrive on bringing people down stressful workplace and extremely Toxic environment Work by threatening employees No follow up on ongoing problems

Pros

Corrupt management will run you into the ground and bury you. They thrive on this Losers.

Cons

Long hours. Bad pay. Corrupt management, toxic workplace, backstabbing. employees. Disrespectful workplace

I love here.

Nice and friendly colleague. I would recommend people to work here. This position here can keep you busy for a day, a month, and whole year. Good managers and good management system.

Job tasks are fine

Based on my experience: Pros: The hourly wage is good (Blue Cross reductions every other paycheque can be a little brutal), 7.75 hour shifts don't usually drag, schedule is on a fixed six week rotation, work can pretty active (lots of walking, scrubbing, folding, etc) and it isn't retail or kitchen. Cons: Job becomes repetitive FAST, management is a mess, addressing problems with other staff are met with false hope or dismissed outright due to red tape, morale is low, LOTS of gossip, is unionized but only to protect those who don't want to actually work while there, the Supervisor rotation for this site is terrible, site is old and rooms don't look clean even if you spent an hour (or more) working on getting them clean.

Health care aide

It was a great experience for me to work in the community. Got to meet a lot of people in the community. Made some good friends. Loved the co workers I was working with. Great hours.

Great place to work with good salary

Great people, many advancement opportunities, friendly people, supportive environment. They protect the well being of their employees and your future is secure

Management is very poor in Swan River Lodge

Worked at this place before and the management is a bunch of insecure bullies .. they do everything they tell you not to do ...dress code etc this place honestly should be shut down and be embarressed in there management rolls

Job

I really enjoy meeting new people and working with great people! Working for PMH has been a wonderful experience and continues to be different everyday!

Great Department to Work In

A typical day is running reports, maintaining, changing, and correcting information in the data base, and auditing. Assist employees to gain access to different programs. Management is always there to support you. The only reason why I would ever feel the need to leave, would be to be closer to family.

Atmosphere ok management aweful

I was at the lodge /hospital/ER. I loved my residents, patients and what I did each day . Staff talked terrible about residents but still have a job , I was let go being on my phone in our report room . Higher management treated lower paid staff terrible. Senior employees treated new employees like garbage, back stabbed. I have been in this career for 22 years and have never been treated so terrible in my life. I was forced to baseclly quit by union due to my higher up lying specific to higher to have me fired. Then when it came to me applying at new employment they gave the worst reference. It honestly broke my heart due to the fact I loved my job and my residents. I was basically kicked in the face for my care but really appreciated families telling me they lost one of the best. 😡

Housekeeping

Worst managers ever/too many of them!!Very hateful in every aspect. Looking down on everyone and everything that you try to do. You can't even breath before you know it..you will be in a HR meeting

The management and staff are great to work with. I had a great experience working in Souris with Prairie Mountain Health. They have a great program dealing with resident who have dementia.

bad place to work

you don't want my review its a bad place to work don't work there understaffed always working short always doubles wouldn't go back so take my advice don't go there for work

Productive, educational work place

As a clerk with Prairie Mountain Health, there is a learning curve. Currently under enormous changes, there is room for growth and opportunity. The pay is barely above minimum wage, but it's a fairly stable job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prairie Mountain Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement