Prairie Mountain Health

Prairie Mountain Health Employee Reviews

Atmosphere ok management aweful
Former employer (Former Employee) –  Hca8 February 2020
I was at the lodge /hospital/ER. I loved my residents, patients and what I did each day . Staff talked terrible about residents but still have a job , I was let go being on my phone in our report room . Higher management treated lower paid staff terrible. Senior employees treated new employees like garbage, back stabbed. I have been in this career for 22 years and have never been treated

so terrible in my life. I was forced to baseclly quit by union due to my higher up lying specific to higher to have me fired. Then when it came to me applying at new employment they gave the worst reference. It honestly broke my heart due to the fact I loved my job and my residents. I was basically kicked in the face for my care but really appreciated families telling me they lost one of the best. 😡
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB25 January 2020
Worst managers ever/too many of them!!Very hateful in every aspect. Looking down on everyone and everything that you try to do. You can't even breath before you know it..you will be in a HR meeting
LPN (Former Employee) –  Souris, MB8 December 2019
The management and staff are great to work with. I had a great experience working in Souris with Prairie Mountain Health. They have a great program dealing with resident who have dementia.
bad place to work
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB23 September 2019
you don't want my review its a bad place to work don't work there understaffed always working short always doubles wouldn't go back so take my advice don't go there for work
Never bored!
FINANCE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Swan River Valley, MB17 August 2019
A fast-paced, supported work environment with the ability to work independently. Policy support and supervisory guidance while individually prioritizing and balancing workload.
Home care
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Souris, MB6 August 2019
I've worked for Prair Mountain Health Home Care I am qualified to change briefs, Pari-care and meditation, bathing and other personal care also would do laundry clean home.
Prairie mountain
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB17 July 2019
I’m in a term position right now and don’t mind it but I hate in my position to have to work so many days in row and being understaffed I have a little and a husband who is a long haul driver. I don’t want to miss my little girl growing up and depending on my dad to watch and I feel like I don’t get raise her cause I’m working so much
Working for Prairie Mountain Health
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB6 June 2019
Working with Prairie Mountain Health was very fulfilling and the reason for leaving was furthering my education and relocated. The staff were easy to work with and made going to work fun and enjoyable. The company has a lot of opportunities to move around within different departments. I learned how to important my position was very important. I was also able to pass that knowledge on to other employees that were starting within the company.
Tough for a young family
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Gilbert1 May 2019
Managment isn’t very helpful when it come to backing up members. Long hours. Heavy work. Always working short staffed. Mandated very often to stay often because people are always calling in sick. Shift work. Hours often happen to be 16 hour days because people call in sick all the time
Productive, fun and rewarding.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Shoal Lake, MB28 April 2019
Most often the workday flies by. As an Health Care Aide your work personally with residents and or patients. Like any setting there are conflicts as well as too much politics. I have learned to ignore such and concentrate on the task at hand which is giving quality care.

A diverse culture make life interesting and a chance to learn different ways to communicate. Management plays a key role in such and other areas to keep a healthy, learning and positive work environment.

The hardest part of any Health Care profession is the physical drain on ones body. Being on your feet all day on concrete floors. However, being of help and providing kindness to my residents, families and co-workers gives me satisfaction and makes for an enjoyable vocation.
Great place
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MB18 April 2019
Very good atmosphere, with bubbly people as you work as a team to complete tasks.Provide top notch care for residents, as they are unable and need the assistance. Very knowlegable staff and management, that will help you with any questions or concerns.
nice manager
Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB27 February 2019
they have their nickname for a reason . stressful ended up in er 3 times in 2 weeks very demanding and lots of training required in order to do the job correctly. .
Busy but good relationship with fellow employees
Cook/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Erickson, MB7 February 2019
arriving at 7 a.m. it was busy cleaning up dishes from the night before as well as getting breakfast started. Next is setting up the dining room while finishing the breakfast preparation.
Serving breakfast and then clearing all table, washing tables and washing dishes.
The next segment was preparing dessert for lunch and setting the table for lunch. Then doing some backing before lunch was served
After lunch clear all the dishes, wash the table and wash all dishes
Learned to be organized and quick and efficient.
Management was ok not great
Very busy atmosphere
The most enjoyable was preparing the meals and interacting with the residences.
Pros
Good pay, friendly staff
Cons
Working too many weekends and holidays
workforce seems quite inward
linen attendant 1 ( LEO ) (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB28 December 2018
day was quite physical have to wash 2000 to 3000 lbs.
of laundry in each shift.
I worked alone unsupervised , handling any issues or problems that
arose during shift.
was able to prioritize work loads so all tasks were completed
Provides a positive homelike enviroment for all residents
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sandy Lake, MB13 November 2018
Organized, professional and intro-active caring environment, where I assisted with personal hygiene, dressing, and mobility needs. The management are professional and excellent communicators of the daily duties required for residents. I enjoyed interaction with the residents immensely, learning of their personal histories in this area. Redirecting residents, when they wanted to go back to their original home, was the hardest thing that came up from time to time. I learned a great respect for the elderly in our community.
Pros
Great enviornment, wonderful Elders with interesting life stories
Cons
Elders living with depression or not having Family to visit them
Pmh
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Killarney, MB26 September 2018
working with residents was fun, working with some of my colleagues made the job fun, but salary didn't cut it for being a single parent unless your a nurse. Benefits and pension are a positive with working in PMH.
Pros
benefits, pension
Cons
salary and difficulty getting something permanent
Don't have one
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Carberry, MB18 July 2018
My review is that there are not enough jobs for persons with education such as mine unless they are willing to relocate, I prefer not to relocate for personal reasons
Good job. Loved the clients
Health care aide (Former Employee) –  Erickson, MB25 May 2018
I think management could be more flexible with part time workers. Don't offer full time, so need to accommodate part time. Need to offer blue cross.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No benifets with home care
loved the opportunity to work when available
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 May 2018
challenging to work with a variety of clients and families ranging from homeless, addicted and predominantly stable rural families and in a variety of settings; i.e. medical clinics, prairie mountain health care facilities, mobile clinics and teen clinics in schools
Pros
variety of work experiences
Cons
lot of driving
Enjoyable workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB21 March 2018
It was a very rewarding career. The people I worked with were very helpful when I needed it. It was also very rewarding having interaction with the patients on a daily basis.