Prairie Mountain Health Employee Reviews

Good job. Loved the clients
Health care aide (Former Employee) –  Erickson, MB25 May 2018
I think management could be more flexible with part time workers. Don't offer full time, so need to accommodate part time. Need to offer blue cross.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No benifets with home care
loved the opportunity to work when available
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 May 2018
challenging to work with a variety of clients and families ranging from homeless, addicted and predominantly stable rural families and in a variety of settings; i.e. medical clinics, prairie mountain health care facilities, mobile clinics and teen clinics in schools
Pros
variety of work experiences
Cons
lot of driving
Enjoyable workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB21 March 2018
It was a very rewarding career. The people I worked with were very helpful when I needed it. It was also very rewarding having interaction with the patients on a daily basis.
Fun working environment
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Russell, MB18 March 2018
For anyone looking for a great job and fantastic group of people - this job is for you. I started off as casual. I was concerned casual hours wasn't going to cut it - I needed full time hours - I applied anyway. My way of thinking - I won't get any shifts if I don't apply. It took a couple of weeks for me to get all my required paperwork in order - but once that was sorted - I started orientation (training) within a team environment - different members helped to train me. That was great because this team gets the job done - sometimes just a little differently - as long as the policies are being followed - eg - writing a letter - do you use your right or left hand; or use a keyboard? Either hand and the keyboard will get your letter done!! Once training was complete - I am picking up lots of shifts. Looking forward in working with you - see you on the flip side!!
Pros
Day shift, positive & respectful, foot in the door
Cons
None to date :)
Friendly environment
Nutrition Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carberry, MB14 December 2017
Staff here were very friendly and outgoing. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty. All the long hours and time away from their families to care for those that need.
Pros
Staff potlucks (monthly)
Cons
Some unfriendly staff and bickering
Management/Executive top heavy, not enough frontline workers
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Neepawa, MB9 November 2017
Management is out of touch with their "workers".
To much management and not enough front line workers!
Spending cuts are always directed at frontline workers rather then management, executive levels.
Pros
Great coworkers and residents to work with
Cons
To many managers/executives trying to take away much needed services
Prairie Mountain Health
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB11 October 2017
Managed a diverse group of 100+ staff.
- Human Resources (hiring, discipline, firing)
- Budgets Review
- Purchasing

I found that there was
- No support from upper management
- No job security unless unionized
Cons
No support from upper management
Its the same as all RHA's
Long term care LPN (Former Employee) –  Neepawa and Minnedosa ltc & hospital4 October 2017
I worked at a few places here... I loved Neepawa and Minnedosa hospitals... great doctors. Neepawa Pch is new and beautiful building. Minnedosa Pch is depressing.... I had a full time float between the Hosp and Pch... it was a good gig!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not the greatest place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB15 September 2017
Not the greatest place to work. Lots of no shows creates a stressful and dangerous working environment for staff and clients. Lots of turnover in management lots of mismanagement. Too many changes to clients medications. No laundry on weekends.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
No shows, working short getting mandated to work
Fun and culturally diverse atmosphere
Payroll / Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamiota, MB8 September 2017
I really enjoyed my position at PMH. Everyday was different and sometimes a good challenge. It helped me personally come out of my "shell" and not be so shy around people. The hardest part of the job was trying to fill shifts that no employee wanted to work. The most enjoyable part was the Care Team Manager's ongoing support and created a fun atmosphere.

Want to know more about Prairie Mountain Health?

Ask a question
Families First Home Visitor
Prairie Families First Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB8 August 2017
Update phone message, review and return phone messages, check in with supervisor or available Registered Nurse

I learned creative ways to engage children and parents in playing games with their babies and siblings.

Recording and observing behaviours of families with young children and assessing their needs and potential risks for those with low socio - economic status.

Dynamic workplace culture and diversity, regular staff meetings and social gatherings to encourage positive work-place morale.

I found extensive paperwork to be the most challenging, but the most rewarding part of the position was seeing families engage their babies in healthy play with the skills they learned through my program.
Pros
I loved the dynamic of having office and field work, working with people
Cons
Paperwork was repetitive and small office area
Mental health proctor
Mental health proctor (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 July 2017
Proctors provide rehabilitative support to a client to develop the skills necessary to achieve his or her goals in the community. This focuses on teaching skills, which can include problem solving, communication, networking, financial management, self-care, leisure time management, job coaching, maintaining housing, and transportation use.
large variety of technology to work with and learn/experience
Information Technology (ICT) Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB12 July 2017
This is a health care environment so it truly is a 24/7 365 environment. There is a large selection of applications and technology to insure is working as well as possible at all times. A typical work day consists of planned work on the current projects fit around issues that occur and require immediate attention. The atmosphere of the IT dept is enjoyed and humorous while each member does recognize that patient lives could be at risk if they don't do their job. The hardest part to deal with is this is a government funded institution and sometimes there is just not the budget available to achieve some goals in a timely manner if at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a dedicated staff that knew their jobs and worked hard to insure the functions they were responsible for performed.
Pros
Excellent staff to work with.
Cons
budget limitations frequently caused stress in a government funded agency
afwisselende job
Supervisor Environmental and laundry department (Former Employee) –  Russell Canada30 June 2017
dqgelijks schoonmaken van burelen en emergency rooms en alle andere medische lokalen ook alle patienten kamers in het ziekenhuis en het bejaarden tehuis
dit alles moest gedaan worden in een bepaalde tijd
veel kennis van de producten die er gebruikt werden scheduling van staff zorgen dat alle orders gedaan werden en comunication met hoger managment
Pros
vroege start in de morgen
Cons
veel overuren daar veel staff zich ziek melde
Great team to work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Killarney, MB24 June 2017
Staffing is an issue. Frequently only 1 registered nurse scheduled/responsible for 22 bed acute/emergency room facility, as well as a 60 bed personal care home.Too many waiting placement admissions who require extensive ADL assistance, taking nurses off the floor.
Pros
Co-workers are great. Variety of experiences available.
Cons
Lots of overtime, no breaks.
challenging work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB16 February 2017
its a good place to work specially if your passion is to care for vulnerable persons or elderly. everybody is nice and respectful. the only hard part I remember is when you can't help them even if you wanted to help them due to policies we have.I enjoy working in cultural environment like PMH has.
Home Care
Home Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Erickson, MB25 January 2017
The job in being a home care attendant can be changed in the area of working two shifts at once by hiring more casual workers. I see a need for hire management to watch the coordinators for nepotism as in smaller facilities this happens often. There is a need for representative to be at each regional area for home care attendant's.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
working two shifts in one
Horrid. Except for pay and benefits
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Russell, MB26 December 2016
It was a great job to work in as money was good. But being a young adult and working among older woman i was singled out. Ignored. I was written up for nothing. I was driven out by my fellow staff and employer. I was refused orientation in learning to clean a personal care home as my mom was employed there. I was refused training on to become a part time health care aide because of my employment as an environmental services aide which was only term position.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Terrible staff, management lacks, bullying in the work place, union does nothing to those who need help
Call center for Application access and issues for a large corperation
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 November 2016
Answer phones
Validate issues
direct information
multiple computer applications

management is on top of things
It is a growing and in demand department
my office has 4 working assistants with 12 administrators dealing with as many as 20+ applications daily for a employee base of over 7000
Enjoyed working with staff
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Souris, MB18 October 2016
The morning begins with a scheduled round of areas and rooms to be cleaned. After lunch the treatment rooms are cleaned. We then follow a schedule of weekly and monthly rooms to be "pulled" and housecleaned from top to bottom. Floors are also stripped and cleaned thoroughly, following a scheduled maintenance. We usually work in groups of 2. I thoroughly enjoy working with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the work is seeing the results and taking pride in what I have done. The hardest part of the job is also the work. It is very physical labour. To hear the complements of a job well done is worth it though.