Prairie Bus Lines Ltd
Coronavirus update
Information from Prairie Bus Lines Ltd:

Prairie Bus Lines Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
You drive a minimum of 4 hours per day. with the opportunity to do charters and earn extra money.

Prairie is very family based, you can bring your children with you to most jobs.

The hardest part of this job is driving and keeping the peace with your young passengers.
Pros
my kids come with me...no daycare!
Cons
no benefits (health)
Mom's with children a super opportunity to make money and be with your children without spending money on day care. Also friendly staff and management.
Pros
Working and have your child with you!
Cons
No health benefits
Typical day contains daily pre and post trips of the bus, log books
The children have their good and bad days, but mostly good days

Overall Prairie is an excellent company to work for. They have high expectations of their drivers and so they should, as us school bus drivers are responsible for the transportation of children, whom I believe to be so very precious to all of us out there.
I absolutely loved working here, Management was amazing. Best job I ever had. Family atmosphere. Lots of fun and activities for employees and their families.
Pros
Split shifts
Cons
Pay
Prairie is a environment where verbal, mental and physical abuse is rampant and Management refuses to resolve it. Management are untouchable and do as they please with the help of their “favourites”. Very low moral and ongoing backstabbing is ongoing everyday. Employee appreciation is rare but the expectations of them are high. The company logo of “People are our greatest asset” is so far from the truth. If you value your morals and values this is not the place for you, look elsewhere for employment.
If you can get past the substitute stage, then it can be a rewarding job. It doesn't pay well but that's not why most of us do it lol.
Pros
mostly free days. the students; days off along with kids schools days off
Cons
split shifts if you will; early morinings; the parents; summers off (no income)
My job is wonderful in the respect that I can work and don't have to worry about child care.

The people are not just co-workers, they are also family. Everyone looks out for each other in both professional and personal lives.
Crummy wages. No backup of drivers in a conflict with parents. A soap opera between drivers. A busy shop that cannot keep up
Pros
the kids
Cons
bullies get promoted
I found Prairie to be an excellent family environment. They meet you where you are at in your walk. They do what they can to be flexible and are very appreciative of their staff.
Pros
Allowed to bring own children along
Cons
Day is broken up
I would drive students from point A to point B safely, I learned that having patience was the way to go with 60 kids on your bus, I really enjoyed working for Prairie Bus Lines good people, I enjoyed talking to my co-workers on the ceebee, or we would go for lunches with everyone, all bus drivers, hardest part of the job was discipline when it was needed, the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I got the kids home safe.
Pros
lunches with the boss
Cons
Driving winter roads sometimes