Prairie Bus Lines Ltd Employee Reviews

Cliques
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Red deer Alberta11 January 2019
On top of rushed training and poor wages the ad forgets to state that the permanent position has already been given to someone internal and you will now have to wait sometimes for weeks just to get a call to fill in all while favoritism is being placed on who gets called. There are a few nice people there but make no mistake this place is run by women still living with a high school mentality and a who's who attitude. The driving and school children were the easy part. I still have yet to figure out what the chain of command was as every person there seemed to have a hand in the cookie jar. This was a terrible experience.
Pros
Don't work holidays etc
Great for family/work balnce
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 June 2018
You drive a minimum of 4 hours per day. with the opportunity to do charters and earn extra money.

Prairie is very family based, you can bring your children with you to most jobs.

The hardest part of this job is driving and keeping the peace with your young passengers.
Pros
my kids come with me...no daycare!
Cons
no benefits (health)
Nepotizim central, Liars, False advertizing
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta23 June 2018
Liars, False Advertizing! They only want School Bus Drivers! Coach is only part time and their full up anyway, just wasted my time.
The Two Dispatchers that interview, are in a Romantic relationship, very odd.
Nothing but jerk me around. Made me jump through a bunch of hoops for nothing.
Don’t waste your time
Cons
False advertizing
Family Atomosphere
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 February 2018
I absolutely loved working here, Management was amazing. Best job I ever had. Family atmosphere. Lots of fun and activities for employees and their families.
Pros
Split shifts
Cons
Pay
Very poor work environment !!!
Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 November 2017
Prairie is a environment where verbal, mental and physical abuse is rampant and Management refuses to resolve it. Management are untouchable and do as they please with the help of their “favourites”. Very low moral and ongoing backstabbing is ongoing everyday. Employee appreciation is rare but the expectations of them are high. The company logo of “People are our greatest asset” is so far from the truth. If you value your morals and values this is not the place for you, look elsewhere for employment.
Bulleying Made Productive
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 July 2017
Completely over run by bullies and body part teasers who flirt with the men and pick on the women outside there group. Then there's the fat lady who never sings in the safety office. She is a real psycho lacking any real emotion. Politics politics politics. Staff room is a mine field. Drivers are the underdogs and no one backs them when a parent starts spreading rumors about you because you addressed their kid's behaviour on the bus. You have no one. Spineless management although a super nice guy. Bullies and harassers promoted....exonerated...kept on board. Pathetic pay.
Pros
Handsome mechanic
Cons
Crummy pay hostile workplace
Over run with bullies
Bus driver and human outhouse (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 February 2017
If you are a bulley or a pushover this is the place for you. Drowned in politics while I worked there. 58.00 per day starting wage for both shifts. Management is overshadowed by the oversized bullying females that pick on their fellow female unless you are part of THE GROUP. The same group kisses butt to the males there so they don't know what you are talking about. Walking into staff room is equal to a minefield. Don't work there.
Pros
Adorable freight
Cons
Everything else
Alberta - School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 May 2016
If you can get past the substitute stage, then it can be a rewarding job. It doesn't pay well but that's not why most of us do it lol.
Pros
mostly free days. the students; days off along with kids schools days off
Cons
split shifts if you will; early morinings; the parents; summers off (no income)
Great place for parent's to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 January 2016
My job is wonderful in the respect that I can work and don't have to worry about child care.

The people are not just co-workers, they are also family. Everyone looks out for each other in both professional and personal lives.
completely run over by bullies
Schoolbus Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 November 2015
Crummy wages. No backup of drivers in a conflict with parents. A soap opera between drivers. A busy shop that cannot keep up
Pros
the kids
Cons
bullies get promoted
Meeting you where you are at in life
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 January 2015
I found Prairie to be an excellent family environment. They meet you where you are at in your walk. They do what they can to be flexible and are very appreciative of their staff.
Pros
Allowed to bring own children along
Cons
Day is broken up
Loved driving a big bus
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB3 September 2013
I would drive students from point A to point B safely, I learned that having patience was the way to go with 60 kids on your bus, I really enjoyed working for Prairie Bus Lines good people, I enjoyed talking to my co-workers on the ceebee, or we would go for lunches with everyone, all bus drivers, hardest part of the job was discipline when it was needed, the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I got the kids home safe.
Pros
lunches with the boss
Cons
Driving winter roads sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prairie Bus Lines Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5