PPG Industries

PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews

Found 69 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,556 reviews
companylotgoodmanagementenjoypeopleemployeegreat

It was a great place to work until the company downsized. If an opportunity to work with them again came up I would take it. Salary was ok, direct manager was great.

Bon environnement

Bon environnement de travail, et bonne possibilité d’avancement. Les salaires ont besoin d’être haussés.

Insights into PPG Industries

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Most people are friendly What is the most stressful part about working at the company?They like to rush everyone to get things doneWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everyone is mostly friendly. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful or relaxed. No in between.

Poor work environment

A typical day at work would be very overwhelming. You are expected to lift heavier pails day in and day out. Support from management can be little to zero.

Pros

Cons

Lifting heavier pails

Friends

Work was successful, rewarding and fun.I was all in. Pre-Covid- the scale of work/family life balance shiftedbecoming an issue for me. I wish there was a stay interview. I would have stayed. There was no exit interview. I miss the job.

No incentive to exceed targets

No reviews. No appreciation if targets are exceeded. Pay is the same regardless of effort or lack of it. Lucky if you get mentorship from any of the large number of retiring personnel.

Boring work days, union employees are treated more better than company employees

Bad management that treated people differently by their preferences. No appreciation to responsibly employees but trying to seek errors to criticize.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Bad management

Smells from the chemicals are strong

The chemicals give you headache. Just after 3 hours my head was pounding. I was dizzy. Felt sick to my insides. Didn’t like the feeling. It maybe good for someone else but not for me

Pros

Good start up salary

Cons

Bad smells from products

Nice place but bad pay.

Nice place to work at, how ever the wage could be better considering what is being asked for the position. Staff is nice and clients are some of the best ive had.

Environnement de salaire stressant et salaire insuffisant

Mauvaise culture d'entreprise, le management manque de leadership et le salaire mérite d'être revue a la hausse.

Pros

l'équipe de travail

Cons

le management et le salaire

Boring unproductive

No leadership of any kind. No sense of fulfillment. Often very slow and boring. Favoritism towards female staff .Mgmt quick to quickly make changes with no reasoning behind it.

Pros

Cons

See above

Great people, great culture, lots of training and everyone is really supportive. This role was home based with a little travel, but it was a great experience..

Pros

Car, respect matching, benefits

Cons

Lower pay

Worse Company

Worst Company to work for upper Management doesn’t appreciate hard working people and are bullies. The company is a joke.The people that work for them are two faced. All a big joke

It's a very interesting place to work at in it's good work team together

Yes I lost my job when I did work air Yes I would like to be hard back if cut but I was a forklift I mean to motor lifter But I would like to be hired for winding or something if it's possible thank you very much for the 12 hours shifts rotate

Think twice

Company was more interested in getting the sales. The manager plays favorites, and is very forgetfull, rate of pay doesnt reflect experience. Alot of stupid things go on think twice. Manager takes credit for all improvements to store she always says her store.

Pros

Cons

Not much to do, heavy lifting, Never orders enough product to sell, favourtism.

amazing company

balanced work/personal well, paid well, good support team, good training, challenging, room for advancement, engaging, a pleasure to deal with all around

Lots of Travel

PPG is a good company to work for. Lots of travel and hotel stays . PPG is influenced greatly by their customers on who can work for them .Overall a good place to work ,

Pros

Travel

Cons

Can be long hours, job security could be better

Travail

Toujoirs de belles journées chez ppg avec de nouveau défis chaque jours

productive felt like you`re doing good job

company was good to work for . Over time to many wrong changes being implemented from US. Got to point were marketing was not doing much for Canada.This was strictly with my division of the company. Other divisions are run differently.Over good company .

Pros

You looked after your stores and gave you sense of acomplishments

Cons

US was making decision for Canada

Bad managers

PPG as a company was great. I met a ton of great people and my coworkers were amazing. The main problem is the management. You have to suck up to certain managers in order to get anything and get anywhere. Management make fun of other employees and talk bad about them behind your back. If the management changes and the employees stay, the company would be great!

Mauvaise expérience

Mauvaise expérience. Clan et atmosphère négative. Direction faible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement