PPG Industries

PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Found 60 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,282 reviews

Lots of Travel

PPG is a good company to work for. Lots of travel and hotel stays . PPG is influenced greatly by their customers on who can work for them .Overall a good place to work ,

Pros

Travel

Cons

Can be long hours, job security could be better

Boring unproductive

No leadership of any kind. No sense of fulfillment. Often very slow and boring. Favoritism towards female staff .Mgmt quick to quickly make changes with no reasoning behind it.

Pros

Cons

See above

Great people, great culture, lots of training and everyone is really supportive. This role was home based with a little travel, but it was a great experience..

Pros

Car, respect matching, benefits

Cons

Lower pay

Worse Company

Worst Company to work for upper Management doesn’t appreciate hard working people and are bullies. The company is a joke.The people that work for them are two faced. All a big joke

It's a very interesting place to work at in it's good work team together

Yes I lost my job when I did work air Yes I would like to be hard back if cut but I was a forklift I mean to motor lifter But I would like to be hired for winding or something if it's possible thank you very much for the 12 hours shifts rotate

Think twice

Company was more interested in getting the sales. The manager plays favorites, and is very forgetfull, rate of pay doesnt reflect experience. Alot of stupid things go on think twice. Manager takes credit for all improvements to store she always says her store.

Pros

Cons

Not much to do, heavy lifting, Never orders enough product to sell, favourtism.

amazing company

balanced work/personal well, paid well, good support team, good training, challenging, room for advancement, engaging, a pleasure to deal with all around

Travail

Toujoirs de belles journées chez ppg avec de nouveau défis chaque jours

productive felt like you`re doing good job

company was good to work for . Over time to many wrong changes being implemented from US. Got to point were marketing was not doing much for Canada.This was strictly with my division of the company. Other divisions are run differently.Over good company .

Pros

You looked after your stores and gave you sense of acomplishments

Cons

US was making decision for Canada

Bad managers

PPG as a company was great. I met a ton of great people and my coworkers were amazing. The main problem is the management. You have to suck up to certain managers in order to get anything and get anywhere. Management make fun of other employees and talk bad about them behind your back. If the management changes and the employees stay, the company would be great!

Jobs at PPG Industries

See more jobs

Mauvaise expérience

Mauvaise expérience. Clan et atmosphère négative. Direction faible

Hard worker get along

Good place to work, friendly workplace environment. The job is much easy so just need to follow SOP. The company does not provide any benefits and does not have much opportunity to grow

Satisfaction

entreprise avec de très bonnes conditions de travail, gestion très centralisée tant au niveau corporatif que local. Entreprise avec une gestion très politique, genre: ce n'est pas ce que tu connais mais qui tu connais.

Great staff and excellent work environment

It was a pleasure working for PPG. The workplace culture was excellent and the overall staff was very helpful. The typical work day was very fast paced, which made you become organized quickly. The most enjoyable thing about the job was the learning experience and also the people that I worked with.

Poor Ethics

The best way to get a full-time job with PPG is to be related to someone that works there. This company offers little room for growth and doesn't care about its employees. Executives fly across North America in a private company jet while the company cuts the employee workforce. Try your luck with NB Coatings or Axalta instead.

Stressful and Fast-paced

They required me to work in 2 different departments, but my salary did not reflect it. I was asked to complete paperwork that needed at least two days, in just 1. I was not allowed any overtime hours, nor was I given any information about the position beforehand. I know a few employees who have worked there for many years but still not given to chance to a higher place of any kind (permanent position).

Fun and productive work environment

I really enjoy working for PPG, all of the staff are very easy going while staying proactive. I've learned a lot about colour theory and how to achieve good mixing techniques. I now know how to recreate colours from matching samples by eye.

Best place to work and learn and the same time. Respectful co workers and management

I started working on april 2019 as a temporary worker and got hired september A lot of overtime in the summertime. Friendly coworker and very safety oriented environment

Need better salaries

overall good company but they don't give much salary for all the necessary knowledge. Otherwise they offer great work/private life balance. Good benefits

Good company

Great company, management is good. Language barrier not a huge issue, they find humour in talking which is good. Co workers are helpful. Gossip mill run smoothly. If you have allergies to strong smell this is not the place. The chemicals there, are not contained so the plant smells of it. Otherwise it's overall a friendly and decent atmosphere to work.

Meh.

Great job. Horrible company to work for. Being American-owned, there is very little concern for employees on a store level, especially north of the border. Management at the Cambridge branch was poor. Room for advancement even poorer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement