PPG Industries
Coronavirus update
Information from PPG Industries:

PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
PPG is a good company to work for. Lots of travel and hotel stays .
PPG is influenced greatly by their customers on who can work for them .Overall a good place to work ,
Pros
Travel
Cons
Can be long hours, job security could be better
Company was more interested in getting the sales. The manager plays favorites, and is very forgetfull, rate of pay doesnt reflect experience. Alot of stupid things go on think twice. Manager takes credit for all improvements to store she always says her store.
Pros
Cons
Not much to do, heavy lifting, Never orders enough product to sell, favourtism.
company was good to work for . Over time to many wrong changes being implemented from US. Got to point were marketing was not doing much for Canada.This was strictly with my division of the company. Other divisions are run differently.Over good company .
Pros
You looked after your stores and gave you sense of acomplishments
Cons
US was making decision for Canada
Good place to work, friendly workplace environment. The job is much easy so just need to follow SOP. The company does not provide any benefits and does not have much opportunity to grow
entreprise avec de très bonnes conditions de travail, gestion très centralisée tant au niveau corporatif que local.

Entreprise avec une gestion très politique, genre: ce n'est pas ce que tu connais mais qui tu connais.
It was a pleasure working for PPG. The workplace culture was excellent and the overall staff was very helpful. The typical work day was very fast paced, which made you become organized quickly. The most enjoyable thing about the job was the learning experience and also the people that I worked with.
The best way to get a full-time job with PPG is to be related to someone that works there. This company offers little room for growth and doesn't care about its employees. Executives fly across North America in a private company jet while the company cuts the employee workforce.

Try your luck with NB Coatings or Axalta instead.
overall good company but they don't give much salary for all the necessary knowledge. Otherwise they offer great work/private life balance. Good benefits
I worked at a retail Dulux paints store. It was great under Akzonobel. PPG gutted the company of most of what made it a good place to work. Decent part-time job, fun coworkers, faceless upper management.
I truly enjoyed learning how to use the equipment they had was a fast paced environment and I enjoyed working with others. I liked how when I met quota they challenged me to make even more
PPG is one of the largest coatings manufacturers and distributors in the world. Based in the United States, it has thousands of retail locations worldwide and supplies many large Industrial markets with their products.
Challenging jobs.

Many different jobs with there own set job tasks.

This job was in the glass division of Ppg. No longer operating in the states as for as I'm aware.
Pros
Good pay, great people.
Cons
Closed down and moved the the USA.
If you're looking for temp work and don't mind the awful smell of chemicals till you find something else, then you'll do okay here.

Work isn't great, but fellow workers are fun to work & talk with.
Pros
Achievements rewarded with small prizes, Fun co-workers.
Cons
Monotonous & unappealing work, health hazards from long term work, minimal pay and nonexistasnt communication between departments.
Its eaay to get along and learn what is being done once you're focused and willing to work. The team taught me how to read the mixing labels. I soon began mixing paints on my own
Pros
Friendly, willing to teach about the products sold, offer educational handouts, a data base of each customer is kept
Cons
Sometimes because of the demands shorter time must be taken for breaks
I worked with glass, putting primer on and sending down line. I also did inspecting, making sure glass wasn't chipped and primer was in all the right spots. The people I worked with made the job better. It was an inviting workplace.
Pros
The people
Cons
Company closed down
This company moves fast and it keeps you agile. There is tons of room for creativity, empowerment and ownership. Like any large company, things come down to profitability and sustainability and those without good business acumen, will struggle. All this being said, people are appreciated and recognized.

There is great internal competition and that keeps us constantly pushing for better. I'm extremely happy here.
Pros
Autonomy, Opportunity to lead, Excellent customers and Amazing staff.
Cons
Lingering AkzoNobel mentality slows us down at times.
USed to be a great place to work but micro managing has gotten out of hand. no time to do the job i was originally hired for. new management show no drive and only look out for themselves and do not support field
Thoroughly enjoy working with people at different levels of the organization at Lowe's and building relationships. Currently cover 18 stores which I travel between.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Wide geographic area - long drive times
A very good experience.Enhancing knowledge in web application development, sales, time management skills, etc. Co-Workers were all awesome and team spirit is excellent.
Every year we conduct safety measure like fire drill, health management. We always remind us about the safety, hazardous chemical that we using everyday of work. Employee there are friendly helpful specially if you a new employee they will not hesitate to help you to do it right.
Pros
free fruits every thursday
Cons
Employees worked together as a team. Management staff was very supportive and encouraged advancement within the organization.
Pros
Opportunity to meet a lot of people