PPG Canada Employee Reviews

High Expectations - Low Chances
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2018
This is an excellent place to work if you are interested in a work-life balanced career in sales. The products are fairly easy to learn and the staff is friendly. I was a part of the sales team and was given a poor account list to say the least.. Not shying away from a challenge I tried to salvage the business I had, gain new business and learn the business all at once with no previous experience. Good challenge right? I was released a year to the day of hiring for not being able to increase sales when my immediate sales manager AND regional sales manager where aware the budget was severely out of wack and attaining growth was literally impossible. Guess that's how it goes when you work for a publicly traded company.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Vehicle Provided
Cons
Poorly managed, numbers game (meaning YOU are not important, sales are)
Manual labor job that is very repetitive.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 June 2018
Working at PPG was a very repetitive process. It taught me to work well in fast pace environments while learning how to follow instructions to ensure the job was done appropriately. Overall, working at PPG was an alright experience.
Not Recommended
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2015
Managment does not care about there employee's. Moving up is definitely based on race.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB TO ANYONE
Pros
good pay
Cons
very bad management
Good place to develop skills and leadership
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC31 May 2017
Was fun to work there and develop my abilities to lead and take important decisions. You learn to work with other a lot and learn a lot in the paint industry.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
always short on staff
Employees made it fun to work there
Boom Truck Operator/Tractor Trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 March 2015
Great people to work with, Hours were good, 7:30 to 4:00 with lots of over time except in winter months. Alway busy and for me the best part of this job was the driving. Hardest part was some of the customers request of wher to put the glass.
Pros
Good money and hours
Cons
Slow in winter
Very nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beauharnois, QC21 June 2016
Actually I love my job there, the only reason I left was because they could not put me on the payroll.

Everybody was really nice with me and to be honest, I should have stayed there.